Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale > August 08'-09' Build Off
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2009, 02:42 PM
is awesome

Trader Rating: (5)
Default August '08-'09 Buildoff 67 camaro aka rustmaro

So here are some before images

after finally getting some money to buy metal

all the welds sanding done by me and the metal fabrication. more if this thread gets approved.

Last edited by 2jack3jack; 12-28-2009 at 12:46 PM..
Old 07-10-2009, 03:20 PM
XMS Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Images larger than 800x600 were within [IMG] brackets. The brackets have been removed. You can either leave them as links like they are now or resize them to smaller than 800x600 and reinsert the brackets. Next offense will result in infraction points per Xmodsource Forum Rules and Guidelines.

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 07-15-2009, 12:37 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

I feel your pain, my cab is way beyond my skils. I have to resort to pulling the cab and replacing it with another.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jack3jack View Post
found out today that the car is worth 40 grand if I paint it. So im not building the moter
Motor*

Why don't you set the original engine aside, and build another engine? That way, if you ever decide to sell it, just swap the original engine back it.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:18 PM
is awesome

Last edited by 2jack3jack; 01-09-2010 at 06:26 PM..
Old 08-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to TheXmodifyer

Im not so sure about 40 grand.....maybe 30 grand. But keep in mind that just because something is worth 30 grand that doesnt mean someone is willing to give you thirty g's. Anyway looks like an excellent project. Drop a wicked motor in it do some body work make it a driver and a weekend warrior. My buddys got a 67 with a 383 stroker and that baby will GO. Give it a wicked stance with some serious meats.
This stance is incredible..even for a camaro: http://www.dragtimes.com/images/1294...let-Camaro.jpg
Just to add.. the last time i stole a car.. i ran over a puppy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmaxxn3
well that just screams ***.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Colbert
I've always been a big fan of beauty. Sure, you can't judge a book by its cover but who wants to have sex with a book?
Old 08-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Back from the bodyshop

Trader Rating: (1)

It might be one day but normally the value of classics are like a rollercoaster. They go through a time where the are highly desired and extremely valuable but then they get down alot cheaper the next couple of years. Like mine when we bought it it was worth around 12-13 but now I would be lucky to get 10. And to be honest most origianl cars are worth as much as restomods just depends on the buyer. But anyways it is coming along great and starting to look pretty good.

http://www.nickgrant.co.uk/londontobrighton/013.gif
./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
Old 08-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Auction blocks are not a measure of a car's value. And number's matching rarely means anything unless the car is rebuilt just like stock. And the market for totally original rebuilds is a strange market, prices go up and down. Your dime-dozen customs fair better. 20s-30s for a solid and well thought restomod. But, you can find daily drivers under 10 grand pretty easy.

That's a 40+ grand car.
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...ack-427-a.html

I'd keep the 327, it's different. Plus they are high revving V8s with great power high up. Nice body work so far!

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 08-12-2009, 06:36 AM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Quote:
found out today that the car is worth 40 grand if I paint it. So im not building the moter
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJB32690 View Post
Motor*

Why don't you set the original engine aside, and build another engine? That way, if you ever decide to sell it, just swap the original engine back it.

WOW! its an electric Camero! it must be like worth $100k!
Old 09-13-2009, 08:08 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Auction blocks are not a measure of a car's value. And number's matching rarely means anything unless the car is rebuilt just like stock. And the market for totally original rebuilds is a strange market, prices go up and down. Your dime-dozen customs fair better. 20s-30s for a solid and well thought restomod. But, you can find daily drivers under 10 grand pretty easy.

That's a 40+ grand car.
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...ack-427-a.html

I'd keep the 327, it's different. Plus they are high revving V8s with great power high up. Nice body work so far!

I read that whole thread, I'm speechless. My GOD that car is amazing.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
I read that whole thread, I'm speechless. My GOD that car is amazing.
Don't bump old threads
Old 09-14-2009, 12:11 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITT222 View Post
Don't bump old threads
Ok, first off. There is not even 2 pages of threads in this forum. Second off, this was like 5-6 threads down on this page. Third, why in gods name do you care if an old thread is bumped? Does it affect you? I felt the need to post because that car is an amazing piece of machinery. Fourth, who in the hell are you to tell me what to do?

Edit: AND, tell me how in the heck your post was contributing either? Since you feel the need to make a post in this "old thread" as well.. get off your high horse.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:07 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by KITT222 View Post
Don't bump old threads
I'm sorry, I don't see "moderator" anywhere in your title.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 09-14-2009, 09:19 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Please read:

http://xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17043

For clarification on the bumping of threads.

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 12-11-2009, 11:01 PM
is awesome

Last edited by 2jack3jack; 01-09-2010 at 06:21 PM..
Old 12-12-2009, 12:56 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
here are the pics finally. I'm going to replace the carb, I am thinking about a predator carb (if any of you know what that is)
[IMG]http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p446/2jack3jack/2009-12-11214039.jpg{/IMG

sry about the sizez it's not PB is being weird
Sure doesn't look like a high-rise intake to me...

Predators aren't great street carbs. They're basically just a set of flood gates for a race motor that spends most of it's life at WOT . Very thirsty too, and you'll have to run an open plenum intake if I recall right, so you loose some streetability there too.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:11 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

That's what the internet is for. Hell they're everywhere on the Houston Craigslist, I can find'em for 50 bucks. Jegs and Summit have brand new ones for 250ish and for not much more they come in performance versions as well.

They'll perform like a beast and still be decent on mpg.

Old 12-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Ya I have alway been a huge fan of the q-jet. I'm still looking but I know q-jets can handle 400hp
With a carb that in it's lowest levels flowed 750 CFM, 400 hp is nothing. They need a little work but I've read guys with 700hp motors running these with no problems. Greatest stock carburetor in the world? No doubt. Most misunderstood carburetor in the world? Entirely.

Old 12-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
It runs the throttle response is better than any motor imo lol ah man you guys should hear this car lol
When my friend and I did a motor swap on his camaro, he went from a stock 350 with a tuned 1406 Holly, square bore, to a lightly-built 350 with an Edlebrock Q-Jet. Even untuned he said it is the most responsive carb he's driven, even his carb'd Datsun Z-car wasn't as good as this G-jet. Mine responds better than most 80s, 90s, and a few 00s cars that I've driven.

The reason they get a bad wrap is their complexity and since they are stock carbs, they see a lot of abuse and wear before another person gets it. So their impression of it is based on a carb they don't understand that has been on a car most it's life..

Brand new, in a street/strip car, they're hard to beat in their balance of power and drivability.

Old 12-22-2009, 04:33 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Blade.

I'm sorry, but you have said "Oh I'll get a vid. of it running" like 2 or 3 times now. Your updating this thread with no pictures...

Why even bother putting a post up if there is no valid items that we as a forum can view at. We can't imagine the stuff you put down in your thread. I'm sorry if I'm coming off a little harsh, but all I see is a thread with a few pictures, and posts claiming to put videos up. I see a huge fault in this, no videos and pictures make a boring thread. I'm not sure how you can get comments on your engine, draintrain, body, interior, electrics, or anything unless you post pictures and have a more detailed post afterwards.

Take some thought into your post, yes I know your "updating" this, but truely it looks to me like bumping.

People post to pictures the majority of the time. If you can supply the pictures, people will view your thread more, and post on your thread more.

Pictures pictures pictures.

If you have a cell phone with a camera, who cares if the picture is blurry, send it right to your email addresse' and slam it onto Photobucket! Post it up in here.

It seems like your doing your work right, but I want to hear and see this Camaro run, but I can't without a video.

Blade.