Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 04-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default My New Whip

Well they declared my beretta toatled so the day after I found out my dad found this on craigslist

Its a 1998 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition
It has a 2.2 liter engine with the 5 speed manual
I paid 2500 for it and it only has just over 120 k miles on it.
Only thing wrong on the outside besides a little surface rust and a couple scratches is a dent in the front fender which you can kind of see in the side view picture down below.
Mods: BOM Racing Strut Bar
an old aftermarket cd player both of which were installed by previous owner, and for my birthday my parents got me an aftermarket antennae because the old one was rubber and falling apart and got crappy reception,
a scrosche fm transmitter which can play a usb or sd card.
Future mods:
Aftermarket Exhaust
Air Intake
Subs either 2 10's or 2 12's
Upgraded speakers
Here Are some more pics.

side view

back view

And the sweet gauges that glow green, all the other interior lights glow the same color.
Any comments or questions would be apprecitated.

Member of Team Minnesota's Loudest
Old 04-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Banned

Nice ride bro! I love Volkswagens you will so finds that they are really fun to drive. check out www.vwvortex.com and go on the forums. there is some really neet stuff
Old 04-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Stage 1 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19birel View Post
Nice ride bro! I love Volkswagens you will so finds that they are really fun to drive. check out www.vwvortex.com and go on the forums. there is some really neet stuff
Thanks man, I will have to go on there maybe someone on therecan help me figure out whats wrong with my moonroof.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:14 AM
Banned

My dad has a MKIV Golf and his moon roof also had a little issue. It got stuck one day when it rained.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (1)

Oooo nice Jetta pretty good deal for 2500 dollars! you got the car with those green gauges? they look tight
Old 04-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Could have gotten it for less. 120,000miles is pretty high.

So exhaust and CAI ; why not do a rebuild on the engine instead? Beef up the bottom end, slap on a turbo. The CAI is only good for 5hp at the crank. The exhaust isn't much either.

Say both give you 10hp(total) to the crank, 20hp together. After the friction, heat, and general lose, you only receive say, 5hp at the wheels. Not worth it truthfully.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade. View Post

So exhaust and CAI ; why not do a rebuild on the engine instead? Beef up the bottom end, slap on a turbo. The CAI is only good for 5hp at the crank. The exhaust isn't much either.

Say both give you 10hp(total) to the crank, 20hp together. After the friction, heat, and general lose, you only receive say, 5hp at the wheels. Not worth it truthfully.
Though the mileage is high it's a Volkswagen and they tend to hold their value very well. Id say do some suspension work to it first.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:30 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Quote:
Though the mileage is high it's a Volkswagen and they tend to hold their value very well. Id say do some suspension work to it first.
Yes that is true, but. If haggled, than that price would have been lower easily. My co-worker picked up a 1972 Volkswagen Van, all original for $3,500.00. Body is straight, engine needs a rebuild, no surface rust, no rust in general except for on the bumpers. Which were just coated in house paint, he will be re-doing the bumpers.

Interior is in great condition, but sitting under a tree with a window open has caused some molding in the interior, but it is all there. Pop-top, fridge, stove, etc. It is the Vanagon model.

All original with no rust for $3,500.00 guy was wanting $12,000.00 for it. Sure they hold their value, but with the proper haggling. It'll go right down.

Need proof of this vehicle I have no problem getting a picture for you guys. Tell me to put something in the picture(please. Something reason-able. Not a ham or anything, but like a Sign or something on those terms.)
Old 04-25-2011, 07:55 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

Fresh black paint, black rims, a drop, cam, header, cheap ebay intake, Vroommmmm!!!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Stage 1 member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cja62594 View Post
Oooo nice Jetta pretty good deal for 2500 dollars! you got the car with those green gauges? they look tight
Thanks I think it was a good deal and the green gauges came with it i think they are awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade. View Post

Not going all out exhaust just muffler and a new tip, current tip is to small and a muffler to give it a nice exhaust tone. And the air intake I was thinking to give it slightly better gas mileage because i think it gives better mpg

Quote:
No suspension work due to living in Minnesota I can't go any lower or I will get stuck all the time or this thing would be lowered

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post
Fresh black paint, black rims, a drop, cam, header, cheap ebay intake, Vroommmmm!!!!!
Leaving the paint I like the color only some minor blemishes that i can probably fix myself, rims either black rims or gunmetal grey i think both would look sweet I'll try to put up a pic of the ones i am thinking about or i'm gonna put a black or gun metal lip on the stock rims, drop can't happen as said above, cam to much work don't have the money, headers not gonna do probably gonna swap from the muffler back, cheap air intake probably gonna do that,

sorry took so long to respond everyone been caught up in other stuff.
Little update here battery i shot getting a new one in soon and then getting the wiring harness to put the cd player from my beretta in this car and again sorry for not replying sooner
Edit: Here are the rims i liked 356 for a set 4 14 inch rims they are sparco pista
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Price

Last edited by KCowboy620; 04-29-2011 at 05:10 PM..