Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale > August 08'-09' Build Off
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star
Default August '08-'09 Buildoff 89 S-10 Blazer

well, i bought this today and i'll pick it up from florida next weekend...im getting rid of my saturn and my 4x4 blazer because im sure this one will take up most of my time...

what is it? 89 chevy 2 dr s10 blazer w/ a 400hp 383 stroker and 700R4 tranny...

V8 S-10 Notes 1: Engine - Block: 92 caprice 5.7L block 2 bolt mains 1 peice rear main seal bored .030 over and square decked. Clearanced for Stroker crank and connecting rods. All engine bearings are Bi-metal silicone construction and standard sized. Scat 9000 lightweight stroker crankshaft, Scat 5.7 inch I-beam connecting rods w/ 7/16" capscrews, Speed Pro hypereutectic pistons with 12cc dish. GM performance parts LT4 Hot Cam kit .525" lift 218 228 duration @.050 hydraulic roller with new summit racing lifters. New steel double roller timing chain and gears New Hi volume oil pump with welded pick up Cylinder Heads: GM iron Vortec 64cc chambers new SI 1 piece swirl polished stainless steel valves w/ undercut stems. GM LT4 valve springs and 1.6 roller rockers. ARP screw in rocker studs. Full competition port and polish and 3 angle valve job. valve pockets cut for springs, guides cut for high lift cam Professional Products Crosswind intake, Edelbrock performer 750 carb, MSD ready to run Billet distributor with Blaster SS coil and Bronze gear Vacuum advance removed. base timing set to 10 deg BTC. Heddman ceramic coated shorty V8 conversion headers and offset V8 conversion motor mounts. New 2.8L engine mounts on the frame. Imco Performance stainless 2 chamber mufflers (like flowmaster delta flow) Sliverline stainless tips 92 Caprice Serpentine Accessory Drive with A.I.R. pump removed. New A/C compressor, water pump and Alternator (105 Amp) 16"x31" Aluminum 2 row race radiator recessed into new core support with Derale dual electric cooling fans and Be-Cool thermal Fan switch 2: Transmission- 700R4 with 2400 stall converter. Valve body modified for auto converter lock-up in 4th gear. Driveshaft shortened 2 inches 3: Suspension/Brakes/Rear end- Front: Spohn tubular lower control arms with eurethane bushings takes stock ball joint, Speedway tubular upper control arms takes stock ball joint . 81 Firebird/Camaro spindles,rotors and calipers, braided flex hoses. QA1 coilover shock conversion Jegs Adjustable proportioning valve Rear: Stock 2003 S-10 blazer disc brake rear end with 3.42 ring and pinion and Torsen limited slip differential from 2002 Trans Am. Redline shock proof gear oil. Braided flex hose. O3 Blazer rear sway bar. 3 inch tapered drop blocks 4: Interior- Momo seats and 3 point belts. Autometer Phantom Gauges in custom dash panels Sony CD Player. Grant Mahogany steering wheel with Billet adapter. Dash carrier sprayed with Rhinoliner New carpet New material for headliner (not installed) B&M Truck Megashifter 5: Misc- Custom wiring with 98 Buick Lesabre underhood fuse and relay center (wiring diagrams and info included) New front bumper, windshield and hood, Stainless steel grill. Steel rollpan Welded to body and cut for exhaust tip exit. New paint in GM Black and Medium Metallic Grey
Old 11-06-2008, 04:26 PM
washed-up, retired, cool.

Trader Rating: (1)

Really nice. Any interior pictures yet?

Old 11-06-2008, 04:40 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Nice!! But kinda seems like your cheating.... You had all those plans for the old Blazer and what do you do....? Go buy a new / better one??

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 11-06-2008, 04:44 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

That is one sexy looking Blazer, Suicide_Star!

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 11-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (3)

Thats sexy and awsome!
Old 11-06-2008, 05:54 PM
SPR

well you deff have a better start now!!

you shouldnt have said anything, you should said you won a small fortune off a scratch it ticket, and you have some serious plans for the blazer lmao.

a month later post pictures, heres the updates guys! haha no one evveeer woulda known, and you probably would won the competition :P haha
Old 11-06-2008, 05:55 PM
...still here!

Sweet Suicide!!! Did you get a good deal on it? I really like the exhaust pipes coming out of the roll pan. This thing is gonna be sick! Nice choice!
Old 11-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

You ****in Did It!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Care to give me any old blazer?

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 11-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
well you deff have a better start now!!

you shouldnt have said anything, you should said you won a small fortune off a scratch it ticket, and you have some serious plans for the blazer lmao.

a month later post pictures, heres the updates guys! haha no one evveeer woulda known, and you probably would won the competition :P haha
lol, that would have been funny but i'm not talented enough to put together something like this i'm probably going to get new black door panels for it and the black tail/headlights and clear signals on my other blazer are going on this one. i also ordered a chrome/gunmetal grille to replace that billet grille, hopefully i'll have new pics ready to roll week after next.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:24 PM
SPR

sounds pretty bad ***!

but come on this is the internet, you have all the talent in the world to be whatever your heart desires mr. 7 foot 2 star basket ball player with 30 billion dollars and just signed a contract modeling for hollister and currently have a fling with jessica simpson who your gonnna blow off for paris hilton haha.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Xmod Expert

interior pics...rhinolinered/stainless dash, autometer phantom gauges, the lights are indicators for headlights, brights, low rad coolant, low brake fluid, etc.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Good idea putting the head unit on the wrong side of the car.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 11-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Good idea putting the head unit on the wrong side of the car.
who's worried about music when you have a 383 roaring under the hood?
Old 11-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

When the gasopacolypse comes and your stuck in a gas line, your gonna wish you had something!

Kinda like my only cup holder being on the passenger door... Of a near 7 foot wide car.

Burnout pics and video are a must. And I mean it.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:57 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post
who's worried about music when you have a 383 roaring under the hood?
[QUOTE=texan_idiot25;190627]When the gasopacolypse comes and your stuck in a gas line, your gonna wish you had something![QUOTE]

thats when you'll be worriing about your music, when ya cant drive it any more hahaha.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Xmod Expert

this is the grille i got in the mail for it...

Old 11-06-2008, 08:49 PM
...still here!

I think you should spray that billet grille black so you can swap the grilles out and change the look. I personally like the billet grille (especially if it were black) better than the new one you are getting, but im sure it will still look great! Do your thing man!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

That stainless gauge panel needs a serious re-working, and how are you even supposed to tell which LED goes to what, so if your low rad. light comes on, how are you going to know that's the light that's on?

The LED's aren't even straight, just kind of wandering around on it and the panel itself looks like it overlaps on the driver side top of the dash. I don't know if you bought it like that or if you did it, but I don't like it.

I however do like the engine, but it needs more 6 speed.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
That stainless gauge panel needs a serious re-working, and how are you even supposed to tell which LED goes to what, so if your low rad. light comes on, how are you going to know that's the light that's on?

The LED's aren't even straight, just kind of wandering around on it and the panel itself looks like it overlaps on the driver side top of the dash. I don't know if you bought it like that or if you did it, but I don't like it.

I however do like the engine, but it needs more 6 speed.

i'm not sure how his indicator lights work yet, he's drawn up the wiring and stuff for me, and i certainly didn't put together the stainless dash lol...i would never have even come up with anything like that...it may look better than those pics do it justice, but he took those pics, not me. i definitely want to replace that steering wheel with a grant black gtII steering wheel. as far as a 6 speed? that wouldn't work out well, it's got traction issues w/ the auto.

(ps, if it isn't obivous...i didn't buy the truck for the dash =P )

Last edited by suicide_star; 11-06-2008 at 09:33 PM..
Old 11-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

Well I didn't think you did, I would hope not anyway.

And if you got traction issues, you need a better tire, and possibly wider than what it has. What size does it have anyway? Looks like it might have 275/50R15's, or are they 295's?

That thing is definitely killer and I want it.