Go Back   XmodSource.com > Mini & Micro > Mini & Micro Modification
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2008, 01:56 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Default Ugh oh! Micro-T Mod VDS II?

Mod Car:

-New chassis design to fit VDSII
-Xmod foams on stock Losi rims for best grip/tire life.
-10250kv bl motor and esc
-Losi 180mAh LiPo pack(will make my own eventually probably)
-Mini-Z receiver, Futaba servo

I plan to mount the servo where it is stock, with the esc on top, and the rx to the left of the esc, and the LiPo pack on the right side.

This car is supposed to be of spare parts which I tried to sell on ebay, but failed, I may go to my LHS tomorrow, or next week, so I'll figure out the BL motor problem, then my car will work!

I won't use the gear cover, or the motor clip(black part) as I believe it gets in the way of the VDSII.
I shaved the inner clip slots with my dremel(before I knew they were there for a reason), so now I have to make an extra wide chassis, then I will mount the front clip in place, so no rear mount, side mount and front clip.
Pics.

Last edited by 2wdpancar; 05-03-2008 at 02:09 AM..
Old 05-03-2008, 02:19 AM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

Looks pretty **** nice.good job!!!
But with no gear cover,your risking ruining your main gear.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:30 AM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboi1289 View Post
Looks pretty **** nice.good job!!!
But with no gear cover,your risking ruining your main gear.
Not indoors and on RCP mats.
No rocks in InsideLine Racing.

This is another excuse for me to not get a Mini-Z to race color0, I want to make a fully custom Hobby Grade R/C and see if I can win(probably not).
Old 05-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Flip the wheels the right way...
The stock Micro-T is pretty pottent and can keep up (or pass (runover)) with Mini-Z's on the track. Search YouTube.
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 05-03-2008, 03:33 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Flip the wheels the right way...
The stock Micro-T is pretty pottent and can keep up (or pass (runover)) with Mini-Z's on the track. Search YouTube.
Well, they had sharpie on them, when I cleaned them, there was some smudge, it's not the best looking, but it's cleaner than the other side, maybe I will paint the wheels, like black.(normal side)

Yeah, they can keep up with Mini-Z's, seen that, but I wanted to take mine a little bit further.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)

BLT i really recomend you skip those Losi lipo packs and just build your own right away. Personally once you know the power of high quality LIPO's, those just dont match up, they are built for person who wants fast but doesnt know as much as you or me...
Old 05-04-2008, 01:23 AM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
BLT i really recomend you skip those Losi lipo packs and just build your own right away. Personally once you know the power of high quality LIPO's, those just dont match up, they are built for person who wants fast but doesnt know as much as you or me...
I was seriously thinking about it, but the cells are like 5-6 bucks a piece, my source has been crappy lately, and Idk if I want to buy from them.(I got 2 LiPo packs instead of 2 cells.)

Well, I think I will stick with the stock pack, until I feel it's necessary to get a new one, but peeps only get like 10min run times with the 10250kv setup and Losi LiPo, so I will go a step further in the future(a month or a few weeks).

I need to buy some other stuff for my xmod first.
I just cut the chassis, it's like 1.5inch thick, a little front bumper slot, I cut the stock plastic chassis, just need to take out the front bumper, and do a tad more work before mount start going onto the chassis.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:30 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

There. A neat and tidy thread, BLT. Drift shouldn't be on your case in a while on account of him being banned.

Let's keep this topic on topic from now on, gentlemen. Wouldn't want to have to close such an interesting thread.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 05-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
There. A neat and tidy thread, BLT. Drift shouldn't be on your case in a while on account of him being banned.

Let's keep this topic on topic from now on, gentlemen. Wouldn't want to have to close such an interesting thread.
Interesting....interesting I just cut the chassis last night, as usual, it sucks, not totally even, it should do...I will get pics later.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Talk to Ripper at R7R, he sells a chassic template and can cut it to lenght for you. I think it's like $7...

Lay your chassis out on styrene, dril a few holes throught and secure with bolts. Then drill the rest. The front end has some room for adjustment too.

What you want to do is reinforce what holds the servo and stiffen the chassis if you go custom. My eXo-T had the habit of the servo jumping out of place.

Also, what batteries are you going for? If you go the Li-ion route, consider cutting battery trays into the chassis. Lowers the COG a bit. Cut the springs and shorten your shocks and get it down a few MM's and it will handle even better...

And... Flip the rims the right way and possibly get some street meats. They're heavier but SUPER sticky. It will look more correct too.

EDIT:
On mine when I get money in my wallet again (after summer, as always) I'm doing shorter shock towers in CF as well as shortened Atomic Dampers. You might want to consider it, it can help quite a bit with the handling.

*Still need to ship my EP. I'll get it out 2mro.
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 05-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Talk to Ripper at R7R, he sells a chassic template and can cut it to lenght for you. I think it's like $7...
I'm on R7R, I'll PM him or something, I kinda like my chassis, but I might just get one off him.

Lay your chassis out on styrene, dril a few holes throught and secure with bolts. Then drill the rest. The front end has some room for adjustment too.

No styrene.

What you want to do is reinforce what holds the servo and stiffen the chassis if you go custom. My eXo-T had the habit of the servo jumping out of place.

The chassis is plenty thick for this thing, and the servo will be flat with super-high strong mount tape(trinity).

Also, what batteries are you going for? If you go the Li-ion route, consider cutting battery trays into the chassis. Lowers the COG a bit. Cut the springs and shorten your shocks and get it down a few MM's and it will handle even better...

Losi LiPo. I might make my own pack for more punch and runtime.

And... Flip the rims the right way and possibly get some street meats. They're heavier but SUPER sticky. It will look more correct too.
Well, I'll flip the rims when I go to lhs to get some paint. Or have my mom mail me my paints. More correct?
Or course, but they are too tall for what I want to do, I saw them for 7 bucks on ebay...I'm trying to use what I already have, I can dremel off the unused part of the rim, so the foams fit okay.

EDIT:
On mine when I get money in my wallet again (after summer, as always) I'm doing shorter shock towers in CF as well as shortened Atomic Dampers. You might want to consider it, it can help quite a bit with the handling.
Yeah, I will consider it, I may try it, may not.

*Still need to ship my EP. I'll get it out 2mro.
And for the EP, I still haven't gotten in my AM wires, I got some 22 AWG wires in, they are like the AM size, with about 40 strands, perfect for what you want.
Also, is the charger that one Phone Charger jacked for Ions, and what side is the male plug on the charger?
Either AIM me or pm me, or just reply here, any of those work for me.

And thanks for the suggestions.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:47 PM
Xmod Expert

Superglue is great.

No more VDS..lol