Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 08:46 PM

Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via MSN to THE EDJ

dual blow off valves? i see them too, does that mean this thing is twin turbo then? Just think about the potential this car has to make BIG power, I think we will see some great things from this car.

I think reason it apears ugly is because it's different, there isn't another car out there with styling like this. Kind of like how Bugatti created something completely new and different in the supercar realm. It's just different, not necessarily ugly. And there will always be critics, always be people who hold on to the past steadfastly.

I'd bag it.

My for sale thread: NEW!! Check out recent discounts and special offers!
THE EDJ'S FOR SALE THREAD
Old 10-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)

In my opinion, they shouldn't sell it in the same colors that they did with the 350Z... It would look good in all the colors they sold the previous R32, R33 and R34 Skylines, except yellow ('99) and Bay Side Blue... The body style of this GT-R is too curved to have a 'happy' color.

The R34 had an aggressive stance, so the 'happy' color made the car seem a bit more 'friendly'...
Old 10-16-2007, 08:52 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EDJ View Post
dual blow off valves? i see them too, does that mean this thing is twin turbo then? Just think about the potential this car has to make BIG power, I think we will see some great things from this car.

I think reason it apears ugly is because it's different, there isn't another car out there with styling like this. Kind of like how Bugatti created something completely new and different in the supercar realm. It's just different, not necessarily ugly. And there will always be critics, always be people who hold on to the past steadfastly.

I'd bag it.
Amen...

The Bugatti is overkill in every single way (I am beautiful, in every single way..), so it's in it's own thing...

I'd ____ a chick on it.
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 10-16-2007, 09:04 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

The number are too close to call it a vette killer. I don't think their is much room for improvement concidering its already Twin Turboed. The Z06 still has potental to increase HP. Personaly I'd take a Z06 and blow it, then kill that nissian like it was sitting still. But if looks count the ZO6 wins hands down.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythekid1 View Post
I don't think their is much room for improvement concidering its already Twin Turboed.
That's the thing with domestics and. imports. Imports, you buy them, and you can always upgrade from there. With the Z06, you spend $85k on it, add in $10k of modifications, and you've basically brought it to its limit of drive-ability. For an import, there's ALWAYS room for improvement.

With imports, you buy the car, but you've also got so many different things you can do to it. The advantage of this car IMO compared to the Z06 is the Attesa system. Technically, this car isn't 4WD, its RWD, with FWD-assist. Just like the R32-R34. And as for upgrade-ability, larger turbos, port and polish, aftermarket piping (because we all know its always better than stock), ECU tune, forged and lightened internals, aftermarket suspension, etc. For about $10k, and you've still got yourself more power, and more drive-ability than a domestic.

That's just my .02

Let's not turn this into a domestic vs. import thing, I was just stating my opinion. Let's not allow it to escalate any further.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:32 PM

Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via MSN to THE EDJ

well said RED, i would definately agree. I don't think this is GT-R vs. Corvette issue at all. We all know the corvette can make big power, anything with that kind of displacement is easy to make power with. The GT-R is in a very similar situation. No matter how well built a car comes OEM, there is always ways to improve it. Nissan wouldn't release car that was already at it's peak potential, they couldn't afford to and no one would buy a tuner they couldn't modify. This engine looks solid and should be able to put out some good numbers with the right parts and tuning knowledge. It's a new car, I wouldn't expect anything crazy right away, but wait a year and this car will be front cover of every tuner car magazine.

My for sale thread: NEW!! Check out recent discounts and special offers!
THE EDJ'S FOR SALE THREAD
Old 10-16-2007, 09:43 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (12)

Quote:
The number are too close to call it a vette killer. I don't think their is much room for improvement concidering its already Twin Turboed. The Z06 still has potental to increase HP. Personaly I'd take a Z06 and blow it, then kill that nissian like it was sitting still. But if looks count the ZO6 wins hands down.
Just because it's twin turbo doesn't mean its potential is maxed out. The RB26DETT was twin turbo and its a legendary extremely tunable engine. The 2JZ-GTE is twin turbo and its one of the most sought after engines because of its tunability and its freakishly strong bottom end. This thing has TONS of potential, Nissan's powerplants have always been known for their tuning potential and this one won't be any different. Don't assume something has no room for improvement just because its twin turbo.

Back on topic, I can't wait for NISMO to get its hands on this car, should be an exciting day for car enthusiasts everywhere
Old 10-16-2007, 09:49 PM
Xmod Expert

Haha, thanks! I wasn't expecting that.

But yes, one other thing I really like about imports are the fact that the manufacturers use similar (usually the exact same) parts on one vehicle, that they've used for about two or three. The advantage to this is ease of availability, at the same time, cheap modifications.

Take this for example:

My old 1991 Nissan Stanza had parts off from the Pulsar GTi-R (Nissan's famous rally hatch), parts from a Nissan Maxima (same generation), 240SXes as well as some parts from a few Infiniti cars.

What the Stanza has to offer to the 'big boys' (in this case, the 300ZX), is the throttle body. Z31 300ZX guys looking for a cheap upgrade for their engine response, and a small increment of power, if you will, swap their stock throttle bodies for those from the Nissan Stanza. The 300ZX's throttle body is about 1cm SMALLER than that of the one on the Stanza. That difference in size still accounts for many choosing to partake in this mod, since its inexpensive (can find Stanza TB for roughly $10, may be free if your lucky from a junk yard), and it helps with engine response, ever-so-slightly.

Of course, that's only one car from one company.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:47 AM

I suppose you guys are might right, but the same can go for domestics we have been tuning as you like to call it, in the same manor since the 50's. But my point was that the number are so close and it already has boost, I was just saying add a bolt on blower to the LS7 the out put becomes significantly higher with a small amount of boost, go one step further drop the compression and add a big blower, or large turbos and the results would be astronomical.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:09 AM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed

Quote:
I suppose you guys are might right, but the same can go for domestics we have been tuning as you like to call it, in the same manor since the 50's. But my point was that the number are so close and it already has boost, I was just saying add a bolt on blower to the LS7 the out put becomes significantly higher with a small amount of boost, go one step further drop the compression and add a big blower, or large turbos and the results would be astronomical.
Ah, but the LS7 can't run high boost, or the walls of the engine crack. Not good. I'm sure the GTR will be running high boost from some tuners..

I see a drifter.
"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"
Old 10-17-2007, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Ah, but the LS7 can't run high boost, or the walls of the engine crack. Not good. I'm sure the GTR will be running high boost from some tuners..

I see a drifter.
That's why you lower the compression, also I wonder what kind of lubrication system the GTR has?
Old 10-17-2007, 04:30 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post

I see a drifter.
Sweed, you dont need high boost for the LS7. Simply 6 psi from a Vortech supercharger rockets from 505 HP, to 640 hp or so.

Some import tuners fail to remember is American V8s make more power off the motor alone, as opposed to turbos and computers as with most imports. Several dirt modified pull well over 800 hp n/a, carburetors and all.

Different approaches to different cars. No way in hell is a Z06 near its limit.

Id imagine they slapped a dry sump system in this, no reason not to.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 10-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Yes, it lives up to all the hype!

The coming Nissan GT-R is a world-class supercar: Top speed of 193 mph, 0-60 in 3.5 seconds, a 473 hp, 433 lb ft twin-turbo V6 mounted in the front and driving all four wheels through a rear-mounted transaxle. Take a breath. Okay, continue. And a dual-clutch six-speed automatic you can operate via paddles on the steering wheel.
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...&rssfeed=rss01

Auto week took a drive.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 10-17-2007, 07:29 PM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

it ain't not as good as a F1R381RD!!!!!!

texan- i think you should know not to double post...
Old 10-17-2007, 07:55 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Im a rebel...

Either way, bumping it with fresh info is not a bad thing.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:44 PM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

sorry, but i don't think you can exactly "bump" within 2 hr 45 min. just edit.....
Old 10-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

God forbid I double posted, oh noes.

Get over it. 'Tis too late now. New info, read it, enjoy it, and talk about it

Old 10-18-2007, 01:27 AM
Banned

i see a road course or a drift car not a drag also i think the twin tubro is gonna be the first thing tunners are gonna change because you get better boost with a bigger tubro than a small one also the headlights look like there off a 350z and everyone thats bashing this car just rember that the gt-rs before this one are like the god of import jap cars and nissan builds some of the best import cars and motors from japan
Old 10-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Advance member

Send a message via AIM to redrkt Send a message via MSN to redrkt Send a message via Yahoo to redrkt

For all of you that have not followed this car from the beginning, It is based on the G35 body since the Skyline has ALWAYS been a 2door/4seater they could not build it on the fairlady/z body. the original prototype was first on display 3 years ago when they brought out the current 350z/G35 body style.
Also $80k for a car that you can buy here in the states( compared to over $150k to get a r34 imported ($70k for the car and another $70k minimum to get it certified for use in the US)) Sounds pretty reasonable to me.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:28 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrkt View Post
For all of you that have not followed this car from the beginning, It is based on the G35 body since the Skyline has ALWAYS been a 2door/4seater they could not build it on the fairlady/z body. the original prototype was first on display 3 years ago when they brought out the current 350z/G35 body style.
Also $80k for a car that you can buy here in the states( compared to over $150k to get a r34 imported ($70k for the car and another $70k minimum to get it certified for use in the US)) Sounds pretty reasonable to me.
i dont think it would cost that much...will i might be wrong though