Go Back   XmodSource.com > Mini & Micro > General Mini & Micro
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 05-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default Question about Motor for Overland?

Hi,

Does anyone know the specific details on the mini z x speed motor? I can't find it anywhere. And would it provide more torque or speed than an xmod stage 2 motor? I currently have the stage 2 motor in my Mini z overland, but it still seems to be underpowered even with fully charged batts. What motor would give it ALOT more "kick"? I was thinking of a PN racing speedy awd III motor. Since it's ment to power an awd it should provide more then enough for a rwd right?
Old 05-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know the specific details on the mini z x speed motor? I can't find it anywhere. And would it provide more torque or speed than an xmod stage 2 motor? I currently have the stage 2 motor in my Mini z overland, but it still seems to be underpowered even with fully charged batts. What motor would give it ALOT more "kick"? I was thinking of a PN racing speedy awd III motor. Since it's ment to power an awd it should provide more then enough for a rwd right?
With stock FETs my vote goes to Atomic "R" motor

With upgrade FETs I think the Atomic T2 motor is great.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:22 AM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

wait im confused, do u want torque? speed? or both?

cause a kick could mean a punch from the power, making it do a wheelie(woth enough grip and the right shocks), but it can also mean that quick burst of speed

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 05-25-2010, 10:40 PM
Light Modder

Trader Rating: (5)

The Atomic T2 I think is better than the Chili if your going stacked, one because it has a spiraled armature, an two because the maintenance is less. But if you want some Real kick go for the XI SE 180 motor
Old 05-26-2010, 01:42 AM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingISdrifting View Post
The Atomic T2 I think is better than the Chili if your going stacked, one because it has a spiraled armature, an two because the maintenance is less. But if you want some Real kick go for the XI SE 180 motor
I mentioned T2 mostly because I thought he was saying he wanted some torque. T2 is a really torquey motor.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action B View Post
I mentioned T2 mostly because I thought he was saying he wanted some torque. T2 is a really torquey motor.
i always thought the stock r had more torqe then the t2, i think the t2 is the faster motor but the stock r has more torque?

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 05-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winner View Post
i always thought the stock r had more torqe then the t2, i think the t2 is the faster motor but the stock r has more torque?
I've had both and in my opinion the T2 has more torque and is faster. However, I'm just going off of the feeling. This may not be true.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action B View Post
I've had both and in my opinion the T2 has more torque and is faster. However, I'm just going off of the feeling. This may not be true.
lol your probably right, i've only had a stock r and a fat boy

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 05-26-2010, 06:06 PM
Light Modder

Trader Rating: (5)

yea the Z2 is faster due to its stronger magnets and less winds (off my experiance). But as alittle FYI the Z2, T2, and Chili all run off 35Turns, the difference is the T2 has a spiraled arm, and the Chili has the atomic can.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Stage 2 member

I'm wanting a pretty tourquey motor that provides explosive take off, but also a fair amount of speed. I'll be running this on stock fets, so should I got with the atomic R motor?
Old 05-26-2010, 07:21 PM
micro-creationist

Trader Rating: (1)

The Atomic R on stock fets is a good choice.

Your overland has an original esc board (3004fet)? Almost anything else other than maybe some PN speedy motors would stress your electronics. most newer motors today that are "stock' consider using the newer 3010fet boards so you havent much leeway if you've got an original overland.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysir03 View Post
The Atomic R on stock fets is a good choice.

Your overland has an original esc board (3004fet)? Almost anything else other than maybe some PN speedy motors would stress your electronics. most newer motors today that are "stock' consider using the newer 3010fet boards so you havent much leeway if you've got an original overland.
True. Good point. If it has 3010 FETs you'd be alright otherwise you may want to upgrade.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Stage 2 member

Yes, mine is using the original board. But its the Escalade which was the newest model of the OL released. I read somewhere that there are overlands with both 3004 FETS and 3010FETS? Is this true?
Old 05-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
Yes, mine is using the original board. But its the Escalade which was the newest model of the OL released. I read somewhere that there are overlands with both 3004 FETS and 3010FETS? Is this true?
Yes. The number is printed right on the throttle FETs. They are located right next to where the motor leds are screwed in on the board but on the underside.