Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale > January 10'-11' Build Off
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (2)

i notice a seat diffrence too?

FOR SALE!
SCION TC WITH B/K.
HUMMER BODY AND BK.
ACURA NSX BODY WITH FRONT CLIP.
G35 WITH B/K.
SOME SUSPENTION STUFF.
SWEET CUSTOM TRAILER.
PM ME.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:59 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Minor update for future work. Met up with a forum member of 67-72ChevyTrucks.com last night at our local cruise in. (Didn't get many pics, too busy walkin' and talkin' this time). He's building up a wicked 67. Also, has a full shop, and a cab lift. He says he's got the stuff to swap a cab in less than a day... And has a few friends who will shoot paint for my truck's single stage style paint (just for color matching ease).

Badass!

If all goes well, I'll have a CRX in my hands for a summer beater for the LOLGASPRICES this summer, and do some heavy work on the truck. I'd like to get the cab swap, and OD trans done this summer, and finally get some sound deadening and insulation in the cab.

And his truck:

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 04-18-2010 at 11:01 PM..
Old 11-07-2010, 01:45 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

We now have 1980s level technology in the drivetrain! Say hello to 200R4, 4spd automatic with a 65% overdrive and near bolt-in dimensions.

An Art Carr rebuild kit will beef it up, electronically locking torque converter will also contribute to well improved fuel economy at higher speeds Gearing in 1st and 2nd is a bit shorter than the TH350, so it aught to be a little quicker through the lower gears, and the tall OD will put 75-80 mph at 2500 RPM, I estimate. Which is way better than the current 65mph at 3000 rpm, and cruising at 75-80 is a pipedream.

The awesome part about it? I use my stock driveshaft, stock tranny xmember (don't even need to move it), a new trans mount, and adjust the shift linkage. Otherwise, it's basically a bolt-in procedure. Hopefully it will be swapped over the thanksgiving break..

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 11-07-2010 at 01:48 AM..
Old 12-04-2010, 02:07 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Art Carr rebuild kit, BTO linkage and TV cable are in, just hunting for a good price for the converter and pump. An old shop foreman of my dad, and 30 year transmission guy is going to build it for free. $50 core, $270 on the kit, maybe another $300 on the pump and converter. Ooooooodles of labor saved.

Old 12-04-2010, 02:39 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
And his truck:
Hey look... Rice!

You junk-yard hunting for the pump and converter or craigslist? Check out your local GM to see if they have any over there? How about Napa by chance? Those Autozone guys don't really seem to know what they speak of most of the time..
Old 12-04-2010, 06:21 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

The pump and converter will be new. Converter will use a slightly higher stall speed, ~1800-2000rpm like the tarbo Regals. Stock pumps are some-what flawed by design (tenancy to blow out seals), and for something that's not easy to pull out and replace it's worth putting in high quality parts instead of junk yard or standard remans. The tranny is being over built for the current motor. The converter and trans will be safe for around 450-500 ft/lb of torque, more than I'll need to worry about in the immediate future.

Most importantly though, is datoverdrive.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:47 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Oh yeah. Overdrive ; Better fuel mileage when going past 60kmph for me, which would be... like 50 mph for you...

Plus, on top of things... Cruising
Old 01-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

And off to be built it goes!

-Art Carr performance master rebuild kit
-Oregon Performance lockup TC and pump (modified already with better bushings and drilled drain hole)
-B&M Shift kit
-Bow Tie Overdrive TV cable kit
-TCI lockup kit