Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale > August 08'-09' Build Off
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintr79 View Post
That is the best overflow bottle i ever seen it is one of my favorite beers
Thanks mayne, had the idea for a while, saw it again at the 08 Rod Run, had to do it.

Haven't tried much beer, but it's better than Bud

He used a lone star beer though.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 01-26-2009, 10:01 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

More setbacks, ****... My inner tie rods are not original it seems, and they won't work right with the adapter tie rod sleeves... So new inner tie rods seem to be in order.

Gotta get a new drivers seat belt. The heat of welding the backing plates killed the retractor mechinism when the heat traveled up into it's chassis. One of those random WTF things.

****ing ****it, one step forwards and two steps back, you just don't get far like that...

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 01-31-2009, 07:07 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

The CST10 took it's maiden voyage today. Chirping 2nd gear at times too Took it for a run to break in the brakes. Found a nice half mile stretch of road and opened it up, all four barrels. Not as much low end as I was expecting, but she pulls nice and hard all the way up through the RPM range, chirping firmly into 2nd. Didn't do any hard launches, so I can't tell you how long it can smoke'em through 1st Only problem is it idles pretty lean... But, hell, it's got a bad *** idle and it's not lean enough that it's causing problems, so might just leave it be for now.

Then drove it a short ways to Jack in the Box, and reveled in the looks. The truck rides really well for a truck, and stops nice and hard. Still running the drum MC and Prop valve, but were ordering the disk brake propvalve next, and an MC as well.

Monday it goes up to the dealership my dad works at for inspection and an alignment. When I come up thursday for my Bday party with the family, I'm bringin' her home..

And a date on friday..

Words cannot express how awesome this moment is. 2 years man, two years.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:11 PM
XMS Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Two years we've been following this, too, but no fawking video?!? I was anticipating this as much as the next guy and was certain you would take some sort of video to share with us. I suppose I was wrong..

Anyway, on the up and up, glad to hear you got her runnin' and out onto the streets! I'm sure you were giddy the whole ride.

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 01-31-2009, 07:30 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

I only have short clip of it's 1st roll out, and around the corner. Didn't think much to bring the camera while driving. That, and I had to borrow my mom's camera which has like a Micro USB plug, none of my plugs here at my dad's fit of course.

I'll have some badass video friday, sucker needs a burn out.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:41 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

nice, the black rims look nice with the drop imo...im lovin' it...time for some Rhinoliner though.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:26 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

Now we can only hope you are ****ing off your neighbors with loud exhaust and doing rolling burnouts when you leave the house everyday.

Congrats man, I bet that's a wonderful feeling.

I know just having my car down for the time I was putting the 5 speed in it was killing me, I'll never forget firing it up and using the clutch for the first time as I pulled it out of the shop. Words couldn't express how good I felt.

I hope someday I will get to fully re-do the car, can't wait for it.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:16 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post
nice, the black rims look nice with the drop imo...im lovin' it...time for some Rhinoliner though.
Fawk rhinolining, I have a rubber bed mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
Now we can only hope you are ****ing off your neighbors with loud exhaust and doing rolling burnouts when you leave the house everyday.

Congrats man, I bet that's a wonderful feeling.
My neighbors closest to my house all support me, including the guy who sold it to me. And it's mean sounding, but wait til I get my "legal" fun pipes to throw on every now and then.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:35 PM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

oooo. i used to stay away from this thread because the truck was goingf practically nowhere. but now... sweet! all it needs is new paint over the rear bumper, and it'll be a flippin' smexy truck.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:56 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Oh it was always going some where, just slowly. But since december it's been moving alot.

Just moving around in the garage.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Subaru Nut

Trader Rating: (7)

Congrats on it. You worked hard and now you have a piece of art
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
You can't fix stupid.
MY TUTORIALS
SNOW PLOW
HUMMER DROP HITCH
DULLY TIRE TUT
Old 02-01-2009, 08:06 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

Beautiful truck Tex, its really coming together now. Looks like I have some catching up to do...
Old 02-01-2009, 08:49 AM
washed-up, retired, cool.

Trader Rating: (1)

That stance is great. I would invest in a rear roll pan if I were you, sometime down the road.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadV8 View Post
Congrats on it. You worked hard and now you have a piece of art
Thanks mayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJB32690 View Post
Beautiful truck Tex, its really coming together now. Looks like I have some catching up to do...
Thanks AJB, it's crazy how much got done in a month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodkidd33 View Post
That stance is great. I would invest in a rear roll pan if I were you, sometime down the road.
The truck is still a truck, I'm keepin the bumper. It's good for hookin' up hitches.

Trying to get the video to upload to something, my mom's camera used some trippy format of quicktime that nothing wants to convert or open.. lol

Pics off the camera

Some comparison pics:

edit:
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

My mom's camera's mic can't hear for ****. It's much louder.. Can't hear that thumpin cam..

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 02-02-2009 at 08:10 PM..
Old 02-02-2009, 07:58 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Overall it looks mean dude!! Still need to tidy up the rear a little.... and is that rust on the bottom of the door sills or does it just need some paint??

Great work!!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 02-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)

that is one awsome looking truck! great job on it! sounds like you got a daily driver again!
Old 02-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

In other news, the Chevy was driven home. All went extraordinarily well except for the steaming heater core. So, no AC or heater at the moment..

Something I can say. With a full throttle and massive wheel spin, it hits 0-60 in about 8 seconds, given it kept nose to nose with my dad's Grand Prix GT, which pulls 0-60 with traction control on in about 8 seconds. Not bad for a 4500 lbs truck.

It seems to have 4.10 gears, awesome (crap!)... It hums rather high at freeway speeds with such short gearing. I probably can't hit 100 with out risking the motor. But, my dad still has a 700R4 transmission in storage, that'd give a short 1st gear (with 4.10 gears, it'd pull stumps out of rock), and an overdrive, it'd haul ***, and cruise much better.

For my birthday, I my dad installed a new grille in while it was up at the dealership this past week. It looks sweeeeeeeeet... Got some weather stripping as well, since my doors are gone basically.. lol.

More pics tomorrow, and some sweet video of course. 8)

Old 02-08-2009, 01:47 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

What a good night to introduce the Chevy...

So my friend calls me up today, asking me if I want to head out to this car meet about 20 minutes away. Having resolved myself of the fuel filter carnage from yesterday, I gladly agree. Besides my slipping alternator belt (later fixed in the parking lot from annoyance) and a few hard starts (stoped after tightening alt belt) we head on out to the place. It's fairly empty at that time, so off we goto his friends house to chill. And hour later the parking lot is full of action. So we cruise on in and sit and chill, talking with a few dudes.

Drunk *** mexicans in a Jeep Cherokee nearly trashed themselves several times, burn outs and one wheel peels. They were "That guy" who ruins everones fun.

Civic hatch back was tearing around the empty side of the parking lot like the ricer video I showed before. Literally just peeling out, no smoke. Few more hondas attempt some burn outs. Then come a few trucks lighting up. Racing around in circles

Turns out I do in fact have a posi rear end (some times, I might add). 50-foot rolling burn outs with a LWB truck crooked is quite fun. My friend finishes off his rear tires and we settle back down, mission accomplished.

At this point I should say I dearly regret not having a camera. You guys would cream your pants at the **** chevy sideways rolling a burn out.

But I digress.

More honda and jeep cherokee **** takes place, but over all we all just got settled in checking out the cars.

While talking with a group of friends, it got all fast and furious. Up in the air a helicopter is heard. I glance up, and it starts hovering. Then it gets in range of the parking lot's glow, and the ever brilliant blue copter with a white stripe appears, Houston's police department, and I jump in and fire up the Chevy. At this point the rest of the lot notices the copter and it gets FAST AN FURIOUS!!!1!!

It's a long line to get back out on the main road, but you can see the gumball machines lighting up. Most guys get calm and just roll out.

My little group cruise on over to the Taco-Bell while the boys who kept their NEONz and FAST AND FURIOSSS going were getting pulled over left and right.

We escape with no problems and cruise on home for the evening. CST10 is a happy dog, and plenty of fun. Got comments from Ford and Chevy guys alike.

What a way to introduce the truck on the weekend, eh?

And Check out this Malibu!!!

If I ever go to that meet again, I'll have to bring my camera and take some pics, didn't actually get any pics there.

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 02-08-2009 at 11:12 PM..
Old 02-08-2009, 08:43 AM
washed-up, retired, cool.

Trader Rating: (1)

The Malibu... Hehehe.

Old 02-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

The malibu was a trip. Them boys were proud.