Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale > August 08'-09' Build Off
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Forum Idiot

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to Sweed Send a message via Yahoo to Sweed
Default August '08-'09 Buildoff Honda CRX

No more monster truck wheels. My 7x15 wheels came a few days ago, but I have yet to buy tires. Did some other good stuff, and learned a few things, like I suck at cars.

Copied from CRX Community Post:

Long time, not alot done. Been at me mum's house lately, and thus, nothing been done to me rex. But today, we jacked it up, put the shocks/springs on (twice..), and put it back together. The AGX/GC combo rides nice. A BIG diffrence from stock w/Ebay Springs. Feels firmer (Stock fronts, AGX/GC rears) even with the shocks set to '2'. But then something bad happened...

I was turning and heard a couple of thumps. I thought I had left some tools in the back and got out to secure the items. Look were the shocks are, and WHAM! I'm screwed. The little retaining thing KYB supplies slip through the Bump Stop and the bushing in the top hat, and the suspension dropped. It was clunking all the way home.

So, raise it up, remove the UCA bolts, and the strut-to-chassis bolts, and pull it out. Including time spent on the phone, watching my neighbor's cat climb a tree (pictured), and jacking up the car, it only took about half an hour to pull it all out. Haven't put it together again, because it's dark and I'm prone to screwing up (more) since I'm tired.

More good news, my wheels came! The White Rota Slips look sweet, and I can dump the Monster Truck wheels. 2mro I go tire shopping once the car is put together and my brother has been to the dentist (he's getting braces, loser..). Any recomendations?

Here are the pictures, since none of you read anyways. Hope PB doesn't take forever loading them..

"Save us, oh lord, from the wrath of the Norsemen"

Last edited by Sweed; 08-12-2008 at 10:07 PM..