Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > Misc Electric
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 05-10-2009, 02:39 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid

Vette, the only thing to be aware of with the Mamba Max 5700 is it will get hot very fast because of its higher KV Rating. I run a Sidewinder 5700 in mine and it gets pretty darn hot. What some use(on a forum that I go on) is the Mamba Max ESC and the VXL Motor. The VXL has a lower kv rating so it is slightly slower but it will run cooler and the Mamba Max ESC is more reliable than the VXL ESC.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:36 PM
late model, xmods, microt

Trader Rating: (5)

I would get a castle link or at least the program and tune it. It is so much easier. Tuning the throttle curve with help with the going through tires problem. Sounds like you are having fun with it. Keep on driving it.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:02 PM
XMS Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
Anyone have recommendations for good on-road tires? I plan to get wheels with them as well so I will have a couple sets depending on what I decide to drive on.
I'd recommend a pair of Pro Line road series tires. There are the Speed Hawg 2.2", Road Hawg II 2.2", Road Rage 2.8" and Road Rage II 2.2". The Road Rage 2.8" tires are the largest out of the set and run on 30-series rims; they'll also be the most expensive. A lot of guys around here swear by their Road Rage II's, but you have to remember these are all street tires, not off road tires. Off road tires aren't going to give you the wheely pounding grip you need, at least from my experience.

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 05-14-2009, 10:20 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

Definitely going to look into those 2.8's, working out a deal on some 2.8 wheels right now with some bald tires..

I did find a street where my current tires grip and oh my god I wish I had a camera.. sadly it didn't wheelie like I was hoping..

BUT, I'm used to my street where I can make a full speed blast, tap the brake and slide it around and go back the other way.. well I was on a new street the other day, went to try that and instead of flipping around.. I FLEW. This poor truck caught some serious air and went end over and for atleast 50 feet. It was absolutely glorious.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Elite member

Bit of an update.. no pictures yet.

I did acquire some 2.8 wheels, 6 to be exact.. four matching but the rears were bald, and then I got a set of Road Rage 2.8's on a different set of wheels.. man they grip great when they warm up.

Also, I am no longer Mamba powered. I finally started running into heat issues, and it got bad enough it started to glitch horribly..

So I am now Velineon powered. This should be better, hopefully I can get full runs out of my batteries and not have a worry.

Not sure what to do with my Mamba, I have no other R/C to put it in.. and I've also got a nice fan/heatsink combo for it.. $210 worth of stuff going to sit there and not get used. But I don't think I want to sell it..
Old 06-02-2009, 07:49 PM
XMS Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Keep it for if/when the Velenion poops out. I'm sure it won't, but a spare is always good. Plus, you may someday find a use for that Mamba. If and when you need to, sell it.

Pictures are a must when you get the chance. Video would be nice, too.

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 06-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Elite member

Well, I couldn't get video and the pictures were very quick.. need to charge the camera batteries.

But, I just took it out and ran a full battery at basically full throttle the whole time. Roughly 15 minutes. (Battery is still new, should go around 20-30 once I run it some.)

Motor temp was warm, not hot. ESC, if it had heat I couldn't feel it.. and the battery was cooler than the motor.

If I did that with my Mamba, everything would be WAY too hot to touch.

Granted, it's a major loss of power here.. but it is still plenty powerful and fun to drive. I think I will still enjoy it, I'm running the same 17/86 gearing as I was with the Mamba.. I do have a 23t pinion but not sure I want to risk it. I don't usually go for speed that much.

Anyways, now for the VXL hotness:

Lots of body trimming. I have a full set of the front wheels, but the tires on them are absolutely trashed. What's fun to do with bald tires?

Don't really have any plans for it right now.. I think it is set. Just when something breaks, then I shall get RPM for it.

BTW, anyone need alum. front and rear control arms for a Slash, Rustler or Stampede? I got a set..
Old 06-05-2009, 11:53 PM
Elite member

Gah, freaking down time. Went out for my second run on the VXL, ran for 2 minutes and lightly smacked a curb on the R-F and broke the bearing carrier where the tie rod bolts in.

Doesn't help that I was practicing my DORIFTU skills. I hate waiting for replacement parts though.