Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 10-04-2009, 11:15 PM
auto body tech

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via Yahoo to spitfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterhunter View Post
thanks man! yea this things really moving along nicely, theres actually not much wrong with it, we bought plugs and wires and this balancer and it fired right up, we timed it now we have to get a carb and distributer, and this thing will be running so nicely, as for the brakes all the was wrong....no brake fluid so not sure what happened there. but we will know soon. as for the primer yes it is self etching primer. its working out soo nice too, the finish is actually really good. Its going to look really good in the color too when done.
Ya i thought it looked like it. That stuff works great on surface rust. Keep up the good man!

RA44 USGP 10th Anniversary Toyota Celica.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:41 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via AIM to monsterhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire View Post
Ya i thought it looked like it. That stuff works great on surface rust. Keep up the good man!
thanks man, this should be on the road in maybe another month of so if every thing works out great for us, and we get some seats. the self etching primer really works good even tho we arnt bringing the paint down to bare metal for right now.

Quote:
what does self etching primer do. I know im stupid. shoot me
self etching primers, basically something to put down on fresh bare metal, used to just protect it and give it a good base coat for future layers.

Quote:
lol that'll be good looks like it has a 1 bbl on it looking good cant wait to see the final product
Thanks, yea idk when the final final product will be tho, i jsut want to get it all up and running and streetable so i can drive it around and such, the final product will have a nice coat of paint, under coat all dents gone and completely restored, but for now this works and probably next year ill bring it in to school get all the body work done and get the colors i want put on it on it.
Thanks for all the awesome comments so far guys!