Go Back   XmodSource.com > Mini & Micro > General Mini & Micro
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 02-16-2009, 03:02 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleXmodder(akaXXX) View Post
Go to atomicmods.com and click on "atomicbuilt cars" from there look at the 2 different AWDs that they make (not the drift) in the descriptions they explain (in order of importance) what you need for performance.
Yeah, this is simple. They want your money. Trust me. Christian Tabush used to work for them and speaks of their "marketing". Those cars were ran by Christian Tabush, he is the one who drove them competitively. Why don't you ask him about it personally if you don't beleive me. His shop is www.reflexracing.net . Contact info is on the website. He has more setup ability than atomicmods will ever dream of having and has won championships to prove it. I have no reason to lie to you guys, I'm seriously just trying to save you a few bucks.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:43 AM
Mini-Z Drifter

Thanks for the help. I do appreciate it. That is why I like to post my questions here, before I actually go and spend my money. I've heard from a lot of different people that the ceramic bearings last a lot longer. I wouldn't mind spending $60+ on a set if it will last longer then having to buy multiple sets of open bearings. I'm gonna research some more before I make my decision.

For now I'm just using 8 bearings out of my gen 1 Xmod (since the ep is fried). They fit perfectly on the inside and outside of the steering knuckles. Can already tell a difference in speed

Last edited by DRFTKO; 02-16-2009 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: double post
Old 02-16-2009, 02:15 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineLvr View Post
For now I'm just using 8 bearings out of my gen 1 Xmod (since the ep is fried). They fit perfectly on the inside and outside of the steering knuckles. Can already tell a difference in speed
Those xmod bearings actually work pretty well. You'll see that a year from now they are still fine I'm sure. You might want to clean them out every couple of months. Its good to take apart your car like that anyhow to make sure that everything is still okay and to clean debris out from the different parts. My girlfriend has been running those xmod bearings in her car for about a year now and they still are rolling nicely. If you want to be cheap order two of the shaft bearings off of atomicmods website. They are 3 bucks a peice and then you got a full bearing kit. Christian Tabush might clean or replace his bearings more often than you because the guy is a proffessional racer. His car gets more track time in a month or two than most of ours will in a year.

I hope your enjoying your new Mini-Z

At first mine was harder to drive because it felt so touchy, I got used to it within a few days. These things are a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineLvr View Post
Whats wrong with you board? I do FETs a lot so if its that I can probably help you out.

I don't know how old your or, or if you can drive, but there are a lot of mini-z clubs around. I know at least one is in NC. We also have one up in VA beach. A club usually has a track and lap counter if you wanted to meet up with some other people and practice.

Last edited by DRFTKO; 02-16-2009 at 04:45 PM.. Reason: double post
Old 02-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Mini-Z Drifter

I had a couple boards that the fets fried on. Not sure what I did, but I think it was bad wiring and soldering. I'm gonna be getting a new ep soon. I'm 26, so yes I can drive. Haven't found any Z clubs near me, but I do know of a hobby shop nearby that has a track.