Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 04-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via ICQ to superinfinity Send a message via AIM to superinfinity Send a message via MSN to superinfinity Send a message via Yahoo to superinfinity
Default V2 Vs. Spider Fet (Which is better overall?)

I'm going to be crawling with my truck and circuit/autocross/drift with my G35. I'm gonna go Li-poly on both. I heard that V2's overheat. I was thinking of using a 20 C 7.4V pack (http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=980) . What would be best for my applications? I could do a V2 for one and a Spider Fet for another. Isn't a spider fet a woah nelly?
CTC-Founder
Dontspamme, Porsche isnt French you Tard!

http://s1.zetaboards.com/STLRacing_Forums/index/

Visit my Online Store!!! I do EVERYTHING!

Batteries:
http://skysthelimitracing.ecrater.co...php?cid=545233

Board Work:
http://skysthelimitracing.ecrater.co...php?cid=546175

Body Work:
http://skysthelimitracing.ecrater.co...php?cid=546687
Old 04-25-2007, 07:58 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

spider fets, nellies, and v2.2 are all similar, but also different

Nelly: claims it can handle up to 11.1 volts, or a three cell lithium, and various hot motors.
V2.2: claims up to 30 volts and 30 amps, i think its a little bs, then again, i've never hooked one up to 30 volts.
Spider: just says its equal to 8x2 fet stack, i don't think it increases the amount of voltage you can run.

i would go with a spider because its the least expensive and you don't need to encrease the amount of voltage a board can handle if your just going to be using 7.4 volts.

but, i've heard v2.2 and nellies can also increase power with a stock setup..

I would suggest you listen more to the people who have trie them, and not someone who is just stating website claims (thats me)

Old 04-29-2007, 11:50 AM
Stage 1 member

I have the V2 in my car. I assure you my motor will burn up before the board gets warm. I use my car for drifting. I have had motors shutdown in 3 mins due to the excess of current. Installation is also super easy as opposed to the other choices. You also supply the board with the proper voltage.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtislide View Post
I have the V2 in my car. I assure you my motor will burn up before the board gets warm. I use my car for drifting. I have had motors shutdown in 3 mins due to the excess of current. Installation is also super easy as opposed to the other choices. You also supply the board with the proper voltage.
I agree 100%. I have 2 V2 boards and haven't had a problem with either one. I'm running an Atomic T2 motor in my Gen 1 and that thing is smokin' fast. Installation is easy also. I just installed one on my Evo chassis with li-ions and custom motor.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (3)
Send a message via AIM to vzereeys

I think 20 c is a bit over kill. 10 c can easily handle a hot motor on an xmod. If you want to be cautious, you can go with the 15 c. Could save you a couple of bucks.

Last edited by vzereeys; 05-01-2007 at 09:11 PM..
Old 05-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Advance member

what would happen if you put a spider on top of a V2.2
Old 05-02-2007, 06:38 AM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBCABOB View Post
what would happen if you put a spider on top of a V2.2
The V2 would have it's way with the spider and then toss it to the curb...just kidding, nothing would be accomplished, the spider doesn't have a voltage regulator, so anything above 6 volts would cause servo jitter which in my opinion is annoying. It can only handle 12 volts, which if you wanted to run a 3 cell li-ion/poly you're running very close to the limitations of the board. I don't know how many amps it can handle. I'm gonna figure around 14 amps. This is not fact, it's merely a shot in the dark. If someone knows the amperage spec please correct me. Now I admit that the V2 specs are a bit much, but it's nice to know that I'll never be to close to the "edge" with the V2.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:10 AM
Stage 1 member

I did have a problem with my V2 at first . They forgot to solder one of the pads. The V2 uses large rc tech. I used to have to run a voltage regulator on my buggy because my RX pack is li-po. which only fed the servos and receiver 6v.