Go Back   XmodSource.com > XMS > New Members
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2016, 02:34 PM
XMS Admin

Trader Rating: (35)
Send a message via MSN to zippo855 Send a message via Yahoo to zippo855
Default What's everyone been up to?

As the title states, whats everyone been up to? I still check in off and on and see a few others do as well. See hardly any activity post wise on here for a long time now. I know a lot of people that were trying to come around and make some new projects lost interest after xmf dropped off. I still have projects that need done. Need to make some time to do them.
These cars still hold an interest to me and as many times as I've debated having a huge sell off, I keep talking myself out of it.
I've stayed pretty busy with work and traveling around the area visiting different places. My little man just turned 8, and we are both in basketball this winter. My league started last week. And I have my first coaches meeting next week to figure out the specifics for his league that starts next month.
Hope everyone is doing well, and the holiday season has been well for you.
Take care
Zippo

TEAM X.I.
my massive collection of xmods
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13526
Old 12-06-2016, 06:23 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)

I'm still alive and kicking. Seems like I do nothing but work lately but life is good so it's hard to complain too much. My oldest is grown and gone, my middle son just started college and my baby boy just started high school.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:46 AM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (0)

Good to hear you guys are doing well!

Most of my time/money goes to other projects now. Doing some art stuff, keeping up my truck, working on the snowplow (important this time of year). My dad and I also picked up a Jeep CJ5 this fall to fix up and sell. That's on hold for now, though, as we cram a roller-cam 302 into my dad's Triumph TR4A (because hot rod). I've got no idea what I want to do next as far as life goes but hey, keeping busy for now at least.

The R/C stuff still comes out now and then. Nothing serious, but still fun to mess around with. Sometimes it's nice to work on a car you don't have to lay underneath and drain fluids out of.
Old 12-20-2016, 01:40 PM
XMS Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BART View Post
I'm still alive and kicking. Seems like I do nothing but work lately but life is good so it's hard to complain too much. My oldest is grown and gone, my middle son just started college and my baby boy just started high school.
where's time go, that's crazy. Glad things are are going well. Still have the 1/5th scale f1? And, weren't you working on a semi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwinfish View Post
Good to hear you guys are doing well!

Most of my time/money goes to other projects now. Doing some art stuff, keeping up my truck, working on the snowplow (important this time of year). My dad and I also picked up a Jeep CJ5 this fall to fix up and sell. That's on hold for now, though, as we cram a roller-cam 302 into my dad's Triumph TR4A (because hot rod). I've got no idea what I want to do next as far as life goes but hey, keeping busy for now at least.

The R/C stuff still comes out now and then. Nothing serious, but still fun to mess around with. Sometimes it's nice to work on a car you don't have to lay underneath and drain fluids out of.
Definetely fun to mess with as time allows. I pulled the 1/5 scale beasts out earlier this year and went back through them. Rebuilt carbs etc, now just need to get some new batteries for them and actually take the time to play with them
Just bought a house that we close on next month. The best part is there are rooms already in the garage, guess who gets an rc room again? lol. Hopefully it allows for time to actually play with them again.

TEAM X.I.
Old 12-21-2016, 07:38 PM
XMS Administrator

I still have the 1/5 F1. Hasn't been started in years. Have 2 semis, some scale crawlers, a tank, bla bla bla. Hope you have a great Christmas man. All the best you you and everyone still around.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:03 PM
XMS Administrator

And just bought myself a Christmas present. Rc4wd Beast II. Not sure the logic behind it, but hey, merry Christmas to me.
Old 01-02-2017, 02:40 PM
Elite member

Living life.

I got a recently got a promotion, so that's nice.

Been doing a lot of film/video stuff lately. Got a slider for Christmas, super happy with the smoothness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggUjuCLCqCo

Not doing much in terms of R/C though, I just keep my old Civic on my desk lol
Old 01-05-2017, 02:06 PM
Stage 2 member

Well as owner of spfcobrasxmods on ebay, I can say sales have still been ok. Keeping up with it can be challenging since I work a full time job with many hours overtime.

Still have my son Scott Jr involved with xmods. After graduating college early, he has a great job as a mechanical engineer. He has find some time to write some cnc codes and we bought a mill and have been selling carbon fiber evo chassis's. Gen 1 soon to come.

Xmods was and is still a great way we get to do things together even with him living a state away.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:19 AM
washed-up, retired, cool.

Trader Rating: (1)

Yo. I barely Xmod or RC or model car anymore bc of college, social stuff and being a lot more into PC gaming and stuff. I'll graduate this summer with my electrical engineering degree and hopefully work back into the RC world. Crazy to think I joined this site when I was 12, and now I'm almost 23.

Old 01-20-2017, 04:51 PM
XMS Admin

Quote:
I still have the 1/5 F1. Hasn't been started in years. Have 2 semis, some scale crawlers, a tank, bla bla bla. Hope you have a great Christmas man. All the best you you and everyone still around.
I hear ya, i hadnt started any of mine in a few years, started rebuilding the carbs last year. Fired up the twin baja, but never made it out to run. Probably need new batteries in them now.

Quote:
And just bought myself a Christmas present. Rc4wd Beast II. Not sure the logic behind it, but hey, merry Christmas to me.
Those things look pretty awesome, play with it any yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnotmikal View Post
Living life.

I got a recently got a promotion, so that's nice.

Been doing a lot of film/video stuff lately. Got a slider for Christmas, super happy with the smoothness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggUjuCLCqCo

Not doing much in terms of R/C though, I just keep my old Civic on my desk lol
Congrats on the promotion. That's cool with the film and video stuff, still need some sort of hobby to keep you sane, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhl7958267 View Post
Well as owner of spfcobrasxmods on ebay, I can say sales have still been ok. Keeping up with it can be challenging since I work a full time job with many hours overtime.

Still have my son Scott Jr involved with xmods. After graduating college early, he has a great job as a mechanical engineer. He has find some time to write some cnc codes and we bought a mill and have been selling carbon fiber evo chassis's. Gen 1 soon to come.

Xmods was and is still a great way we get to do things together even with him living a state away.
I'll have to check out the chassis, is it on ebay for sale? Sounds pretty cool. And definitely a way to keep doing things together, thats what hobbies are for

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodkidd33 View Post
Yo. I barely Xmod or RC or model car anymore bc of college, social stuff and being a lot more into PC gaming and stuff. I'll graduate this summer with my electrical engineering degree and hopefully work back into the RC world. Crazy to think I joined this site when I was 12, and now I'm almost 23.
Awesome on the degree, definitely takes a lot of time out of other things when college hits.
I was thinking about that the other day, I joined these sites back in 08 and spent a lot of time on them over the next many years, and now 9 years later one site just shut down without notice, and hardly see any posts here. Glad there is still activity, and people sill interested. Just crazy how far things have dropped off from the good old days. lol

TEAM X.I.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:12 PM
Stage 2 member

Zippo yes it is on ebay.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:32 PM
Stage 2 member

I'll definitely have to check those out too, spf. Surprisingly enough, my xmods collection is still growing. I even have a titan coming in tomorrow that I got a good deal on.
Before the new year, I grabbed two mini z mr02s and an mr015 off of craigslist and am spoiling myself with them. They are truly phenomenal. But I love my xmods just as much. I will try and get my skyline build post updated as soon as I can(if I remember). My current goal is to get a nice crawler built with a servo motor and possibly even hobby grade electronics.
Quick question, do any of yall know if they ever made gpm xmods truck front cover for the rear gearbox(the piece sandwiched between the motor mount and the chassis spacer)?
Old 01-22-2017, 10:48 PM
Elite member

I guess I should also add, I started a small business last year. It's been a very hectic year, but I was able to turn a profit so that's nice.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:16 PM
Stage 2 member

(Quick question, do any of yall know if they ever made gpm xmods truck front cover for the rear gearbox(the piece sandwiched between the motor mount and the chassis spacer)?)

Yes they did. GPM XET013B.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:20 PM
Stage 2 member

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARBON-FIBER...EAAOSwHoFXwZcz

Carbon Fiber Chassis Link for Evolution and street
Old 04-08-2018, 10:17 PM

Trader Rating: (22)
Send a message via AIM to 123Vette Send a message via Yahoo to 123Vette

still alive, work at an all volvo repair shop building some fast fun sleepers! sitll have some of these little cars, been using them with my 3 year old son theyll be his one day!
Old 09-12-2018, 09:49 PM
Advance member

Hi all, Nice to see some are still modding. I still have all my old stuff but nothing runs haha. Good to see some familiar faces. ��
Old 12-10-2018, 02:55 AM

Familiar faces in here from xmf. Just moved into my first house and found all my xmods. Hard to believe I started when I was in 7th grade, now I’m almost 27.

New place has big wood floors. Might dust some of them off and have some fun.