Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > Misc Electric
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)

How van you say they suck.It's the same as a rc18.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodificationer View Post
They suck. They are just cheap. I have gone through 6 shock towers on my T100. Its just the biggest piece of **** I have ever owned. I ended up throwing it away.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:46 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco72 View Post
How van you say they suck.It's the same as a rc18.
Nope not true. They are built on the same layout as the RC18. A direct copy besides the tires and the electronic gear. The RC18 is more worth it for the durability. I hate my PP. I'll strip the gear from it(or sell its non-working gear in it) to my friend. Save up your money everyone. I wasted my money on these pieces of $h!t. Don't make the same mistake that me and Xmodificationer made. Don't even dare to compare these to Duratrax Vendetta and Vendetta ST because those are on a different layout and come with better gear and have some nice aluminum parts in 'em too.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)

I Just Got Mines. Your probally didnt last because you pushed them too hard. im going to take good care of mines. ^^ looks promising. Battery is charging.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:48 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNKevin4EvA View Post
I Just Got Mines. Your probally didnt last because you pushed them too hard. im going to take good care of mines. ^^ looks promising. Battery is charging.
It would be super funny if in the next post you said, "I broke it on the first run."

If I get one, I plan to use it indoors and be somewhat gentle with it. I certainly won't be launching it off of playgrounds like the Micro DT video. My LHS they cleared out they're Vendettas for $99 but I didn't have the money at the time.

For hardcore bashing, I've been using my 10 scale Sportwerks Raven buggy. So far it's held up awesome, it's a fun car, the paint is cheap though, it flakes off. The battery it comes with is lame, It's a 1600, I bought a 3200 or something like that at RS and I get long run times with it and it charges in 15minutes with RS fast charger.

I'm kind of bored with my Micro DT and I'm sick of breaking it. I would love Losi to make a true micro buggy. I would love a Slash or that new Associated SC8 truck, that thing is awesome.

Well, let me know what you think of your new PP.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:32 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Did yall get trucks or buggies?

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 12-01-2008, 02:21 AM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Did yall get trucks or buggies?
I haven't got mine yet, but I'll be getting a buggy, despite everyone saying the trucks are tougher.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Elite member

I stripped my rc 18 MT rear diff on the first pack.You have to shim the diffs just like the the rc 18 and the half 8 and so on.The pro pulse has no more or no less problems then any other mini.Plus it has a better stearing set up then the associated.If you want a good mini buy the vendetta ST it has a gear cover so no rocks kill your spur gear.I had my pro pulse for almost 2 years and the only thing i broke was the front shock tower.Now the price that radio shack has i might have to get another one cause i sold my old one.

Last edited by bosco72; 12-01-2008 at 09:14 AM..
Old 12-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyWRX View Post
I haven't got mine yet, but I'll be getting a buggy, despite everyone saying the trucks are tougher.
Your going to break the shock towers left and right. Unless you want to fix that all the time, get the truck or a shell that covers the towers.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 12-01-2008, 07:53 PM
DONE!!!!

Send a message via AIM to blue504life

Quote:
Your going to break the shock towers left and right. Unless you want to fix that all the time, get the truck or a shell that covers the towers.
dispite how true that is, they still brake, i blow one of my front shocks out yesterday, put more oil in them put it back together but they still leak

does anyone know a way to better water proof these things? i sunk my first one sunday, thank god for returns, got a brand new one

Did you know, that brawndo's got what plants crave?
Old 12-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Shocks are not shock towers. The trucks don't break them anywhere near as much as the buggies did.

Google water proofing techniques, it's all over the web.

As far as the shocks, once their leaking there may not be much you can do. You can just grab some RC18 shocks from mayn venders. If you run out of shock oil, vege-oil is a great weight for them.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:11 PM
DONE!!!!

Send a message via AIM to blue504life

Quote:
Shocks are not shock towers. The trucks don't break them anywhere near as much as the buggies did.

Google water proofing techniques, it's all over the web.

As far as the shocks, once their leaking there may not be much you can do. You can just grab some RC18 shocks from mayn venders. If you run out of shock oil, vege-oil is a great weight for them.
oh yeah the towers my bad, ill probably brake one this week, if not my brother will this weekend

ill have to look it up

im goin to run it with a limp leg til they all blow out, but ill have to keep those in mind when they

Did you know, that brawndo's got what plants crave?
Old 12-01-2008, 08:12 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNKevin4EvA View Post
Pushed it too hard, meh. My PP never saw beatings that bad lol. I saw em at RS when we went to get a new tip for the Soldering iron. They look a bit better. The upgrades are pretty cheap so I may just get mine running, then sell it lol. Put money towards upgrades for my other RC's. That or just run it till it dies lol.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:34 AM
Banned

My Pro-Pulse Is Dusty. I need double sided tape to remount reciever and ESC. everything is still intact. ran it only 2 times. xD lost a few body clips. a few scratches on the body. nothing much. so... what parts from the RC18 fit again?
Old 02-07-2009, 03:56 AM
Advance member

spurs, pinions, diffs., input gears, dogbones/cvds with some work, a-arms with new hinge pins, hubs with new hinge pins, and knuckles
hope that helps thats all I can think of right now.
on another note I picked up a t-100 for $50 with four free upgrades then bought two batteries for $5 each and a shock tower kit for $3 great deal. no more upgrades in any of my local RS's lol
Old 02-07-2009, 07:02 AM
Owner of a 1992 Accord.

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to youngxmodder Send a message via MSN to youngxmodder Send a message via Yahoo to youngxmodder

i have one but i plan on selling mine since i want to get a mini-t or DT bought this thing not to long ago also got the aluminum shocks twin motor upgrade for it but when i ran it it kinda sputters even if the battery is fully charged thats the reason i plan on selling it if it stops sputtering i may keep it. but its been fun for the time i had it didn't break a single thing yet.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Elite member

do you run there split battery pack.If so thats why it sputters.I put my Rc 18 pack in and it ran smooth put the split pack in and it sputters.The only thing i did not like about the pro was they used different shock towers then the rc 18.So you could not go to your local hobby shop to buy them. Remember who ever buys this buggy or truck You have to shim the diffs or you will rip them apart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngxmodder View Post
i have one but i plan on selling mine since i want to get a mini-t or DT bought this thing not to long ago also got the aluminum shocks twin motor upgrade for it but when i ran it it kinda sputters even if the battery is fully charged thats the reason i plan on selling it if it stops sputtering i may keep it. but its been fun for the time i had it didn't break a single thing yet.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Owner of a 1992 Accord.

Send a message via AIM to youngxmodder Send a message via MSN to youngxmodder Send a message via Yahoo to youngxmodder

yea i run the split pack they do suck i was planning on getting a better batt but i think it maybe wise to sell the PP and get a Mini-t
Old 02-07-2009, 10:14 AM
dirtlover/moderator

i am boggled how you all are having such a hard time with these...i still think they rock...still have 3, been running them since they came out...ironically the buggy has turned out to be the strongest one and they EASILY outrun and outperform any of the losi GARBAGE that i have owned, mini lst2, mini t or baja...i returned my lst for being junk immediately and they sent me a baja and a mini t in return...baja 2 runs and it doesnt run????...more losi garbage..and i havent had any trouble with the packs either...its too bad you all had so much trouble cus i think they are a blast...maybe they are just the working mans rc...

Team X.I.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:17 AM
Banned

I Didn't Even Break Mines Yet... so... Im Going To order RC18 parts.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Owner of a 1992 Accord.

its not the whole buggy or trucks its just the batteries i think there fun also but how long it takes for them to charge all i was saying was how everyone's broke and stuff like that but my stood up to curbs ramps jumps off my neighbors deck ( don't try that ) and my only problem is the battery anyone know of a better one? also Floyd still have a Mini-T?