Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Appearance > Member XMOD RC Garages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2009, 09:48 AM

Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via AIM to Kaze
Default Kaze's Garage

Okay, So I'm making a Garage thread with a little twist. As Opposed to making it all the cars at once, I'm going to highlight each car periodically (hoping monthly is good enough). Every Month I'm going to update with a new car, There's random facts about the car, and its history included. Basically the approach is to kinda show the pride or passion in each car's individuality, or at the very least its attachment to me. =P I'm going to start 2010 early with...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
January 2010:

Model:
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X

Chassis:
Gen 2 Xmods
Metal Bearings
AWD
CF Driveshaft

Electonics:
Xmods Evolution EP
Power Switch Bypass
Spyder V3.0 External FET Turbo
18 AWG Flexible Wire

Motor:
Team Redmade Modified Pro

About:
I've actually own the chassis for about 3 years now. It originally started as my Evolution VIII, but after multiple races and repaints it was time to retire the body. Named by my friends as the "Evo from hell", at the time it ran off of RS parts only. Whether it was just good maintenance or just a lucky molded Xmod, this car has had something different about it compared to all the Xmods I've owned. After spending money on aftermarket parts, I waited for my driving to get better, or for damaging accident to install the newly purchased Spyder V3.0. Eventually it came and during the need of a new BK and chassis torsion/replacement, the newly built Evo was ready for more racing. Once again a Major accident, this time after setting a downhill and combination uphill/downhill record. On the record setting lap, the Evo hit a bump and flipped over onto its roof sliding off two flights of stairs. During the chassis rebuild the EP suffered a short due to a bare wire touching the board freely.

It was a while before its revival, including an upgraded version of the Gen 2 Electronics. The new Evo X body from Kyosho, and some new wheels and tuning ideas.

Probably one of the most realistic accidents I've ever had with these. I was coming down the hallway full speed and his Xmod got stuck on a corner and backed out in my way, I actually broke the knuckle, dogbone, and yanked the wheel off. The pick is not a mock up thats how the two actually ended after the collision lol.

Rebuild/paint. Monotone Theme, Black and Gun Metal on White.

Another Rebuild/paint after the Record Lap Accident.

The Revival.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Here's a Random Rev/Acceleration Test after a long period of inactivity.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side note: Could a Mod or Admin Delete my old Garage thread?

Old 12-18-2009, 09:20 PM
Drift maniac

Trader Rating: (7)

Wow that thing definitely went through hell lol That sure was a wicked looking crash, it definitely looks like something out of a track day crash Its amazing how it looks as clean as it does now, nice job! I like the evo X, you don't actually drive with that body now, do you? can't wait for future updates, keep 'em coming man, i've always wanted to see your cars.

Last edited by WhiteCharisma; 12-18-2009 at 10:40 PM..
Old 12-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

nice evos although the white has flaws. the X definitely looks good.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:15 AM

Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via AIM to Kaze

Uhh all the white ones were the same Evo if you read... different accidents led to repaints until i eventually retired the Evo 8 and swapped the Evo 10 on.

And WhiteCharisma, Yea, I do drive my cars with the "star" shells on em. I'm not a believer of the Shelf queen system (as you can tell from the evo 8 shell going through all those accidents and repaints)

Last edited by Kaze; 01-12-2010 at 12:18 AM..