Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic > Gamers Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2007, 08:03 AM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)
Default the GTA thread

i've noticed the occasional gta question come up, but they're always ignored. ask them here and it'll be answered shortly. this is also for discussion, cheats, walkthroughs, and unlockables.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to TheXmodifyer

heres a question...WHy the hell would you want to play a game like this?you run around in a gang killing people. Pointless! Terrible for the adolescent mind its teaching them its ok to do drugs and shoot people?This might be the most rediculous game ive ever seen.
Just to add.. the last time i stole a car.. i ran over a puppy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmaxxn3
well that just screams ***.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Colbert
I've always been a big fan of beauty. Sure, you can't judge a book by its cover but who wants to have sex with a book?
Old 10-07-2007, 12:24 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

The GTA games all rock
Old 10-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

yes they do rock. i really want a 360 now for IV
Old 10-07-2007, 01:06 PM
XMS moderator

Send a message via MSN to tayyab

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheXmodifyer View Post
heres a question...WHy the hell would you want to play a game like this?you run around in a gang killing people. Pointless! Terrible for the adolescent mind its teaching them its ok to do drugs and shoot people?This might be the most rediculous game ive ever seen.
AMEN TO THAT!
Old 10-07-2007, 02:06 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:

I guess you also grew up knowing that action movies are bad too.

You have, played them right? The main character doesnt do drugs, in any of them that I have played. In fact, in San Andres, the guys who get into drugs end up dying anyways. Cept for the hippy... On the list of bad things in the world, GTA is very low down. And the fact that parents have sued Rockstar, is what is truly ridiculous. Because they can't control what their kids buy, is 0 reason to sue the company. I encourage Rockstar to bring edgy games, I laugh at the anti-GTA groups and idiots with lawsuit. Video games are not just for kids, and GTA is for the adult crowd. Just like R, NC17, and X rated movies.

Funny story how VHS got so popular

__________________________________________________ ________

Anyways, good timing, I just picked San Andres back up after a year hiatus. Last summer I finally sat down and beat it, then didnt mess with it too much. Just exploring right now.

How to steal a tank:
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Infact, for all your GTA help needs for missions, check out http://gtamissions.com.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 10-07-2007 at 02:20 PM..
Old 10-07-2007, 03:01 PM
The Original S.S.

Send a message via AIM to SUPERSHELBY Send a message via Yahoo to SUPERSHELBY

Quote:
quit your *****in....

Old 10-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

Thats a pretty good site you got there TI, but I still need help in San Andreas mission " Just business" and the one where you steal the sound van. In the vid, it says you need 2500 points but in my game it says 4000. So I'm a little confused.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontspamme View Post
Thats a pretty good site you got there TI, but I still need help in San Andreas mission " Just business" and the one where you steal the sound van. In the vid, it says you need 2500 points but in my game it says 4000. So I'm a little confused.
Not my site, a buddy of mine from Boredom-Induced.com runs it. The video that I posted though, is mine.

Is this the one where you take the van to the beach and do a DDR type thing? Not sure on what mine was either, could be the difference between the game when it was initially released and the 2nd edition that came out after the whole hot coffee deal.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 10-07-2007 at 03:07 PM..
Old 10-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

Yea, mabye. and yea its the DDR type thing, it sucks because I cant seem to get passed 4000 points, 2500 is easy.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Monte Carlo owner!!!

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to snowboi1289 Send a message via Yahoo to snowboi1289

Quote:
true,i playe it and the next day i was done,i beat it,its realy easy,and after i played it for a week,it got realy old..
Old 10-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to TheXmodifyer

[quote=texan_idiot25;123711]
I guess you also grew up knowing that action movies are bad too.

You have, played them right? The main character doesnt do drugs, in any of them that I have played. In fact, in San Andres, the guys who get into drugs end up dying anyways. Cept for the hippy... On the list of bad things in the world, GTA is very low down. And the fact that parents have sued Rockstar, is what is truly ridiculous. Because they can't control what their kids buy, is 0 reason to sue the company. I encourage Rockstar to bring edgy games, I laugh at the anti-GTA groups and idiots with lawsuit. Video games are not just for kids, and GTA is for the adult crowd. Just like R, NC17, and X rated movies.

Funny story how VHS got so popular

no i fricken love action miovies im allowed to watch what ever i want (not sick minded) but gta is just mean. running around and killing people isnt right but i agree people sueing rockstar are retarded cuz theyre the morons buyin the games for the kids. I just choose not to play the game
Just to add.. the last time i stole a car.. i ran over a puppy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmaxxn3
well that just screams ***.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Colbert
I've always been a big fan of beauty. Sure, you can't judge a book by its cover but who wants to have sex with a book?
Old 10-07-2007, 04:42 PM
MSI <3

Quote:

no i fricken love action miovies im allowed to watch what ever i want (not sick minded) but gta is just mean. running around and killing people isnt right but i agree people sueing rockstar are retarded cuz theyre the morons buyin the games for the kids. I just choose not to play the game
you're embarassing yourself. just quit checking this thread if it bothers you. i only play the game as a stress reliever. honestly, killing animated people can really help you feel better. plus, who could pass on a game involving cars?...and planes, boats, and trains...and motorcycles, golf carts, atvs and jet packs...and helicopters...and a guy...
Old 10-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Look at it this way, this game is much like life.

Nothing forces you to go about killing innocent people. The game provides many legit ways to get cars, cash, guns, and other things. It is your choice to go murdering citizens. You can go the entire game just killing bad guys if you cared enough.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Proud Supra owner!

Trader Rating: (10)
Send a message via AIM to WhiteMKIV Send a message via MSN to WhiteMKIV Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteMKIV

Does anyone mod it for pc? i moded mine and its not even the real GTA SA and the long night mod for Vice city is kickass, i also play SAMP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
that wasnt exactly a good first post....

but im flattered my tool box turns you on
Old 10-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Xmod Expert

To be honest, I agree with TheXmodifyer and snowboi1289. I don't understand all the hype in the GTA games. Kind of the same with NFS. I never figured why everyone likes them so much. IMHO, I find those games garbage (get ready for flame). They were too boring and slow-paced for me... I prefer the get it-get out type games where you do what you need to, get your reward, and go. Its probably why I never got past any of the first discs in the Final Fantasy series, it was too boring and too slow. Mind you, their story lines are incredible, but I just can't continue doing those repetitive walk around, do missions, fight monsters/bosses, stuff.

GTA, well, it offer a little more freedom, but I don't like the fact that you're under a time restraint. I want to do things at my own pace, only going faster when I'm in the mood, rather than when the game tells me to. There's too many switching of paces. If its going to be fast-paced, then start off fast and stay fast. If its going to be slow, then stay slow...
Old 10-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Your not on any time constraints unless your in a mission. You can do what you want for as long as you want outside of missions.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Proud Supra owner!

Trader Rating: (10)
Send a message via AIM to WhiteMKIV Send a message via MSN to WhiteMKIV Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteMKIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDisFASTER View Post
To be honest, I agree with TheXmodifyer and snowboi1289. I don't understand all the hype in the GTA games. Kind of the same with NFS. I never figured why everyone likes them so much. IMHO, I find those games garbage (get ready for flame). They were too boring and slow-paced for me... I prefer the get it-get out type games where you do what you need to, get your reward, and go. Its probably why I never got past any of the first discs in the Final Fantasy series, it was too boring and too slow. Mind you, their story lines are incredible, but I just can't continue doing those repetitive walk around, do missions, fight monsters/bosses, stuff.

GTA, well, it offer a little more freedom, but I don't like the fact that you're under a time restraint. I want to do things at my own pace, only going faster when I'm in the mood, rather than when the game tells me to. There's too many switching of paces. If its going to be fast-paced, then start off fast and stay fast. If its going to be slow, then stay slow...

Yeah thats how GTA 5 is gonna be like, slow paced, do everything at your own pace. I personally cant wait for it to come out. I also heard that you can make your own choises to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
that wasnt exactly a good first post....

but im flattered my tool box turns you on
Old 10-07-2007, 07:32 PM
The Original S.S.

Send a message via AIM to SUPERSHELBY Send a message via Yahoo to SUPERSHELBY

i still remember when i 1st played GTA. the 1st GTA i played was san andreas....fell in love with it lol. i just blow up things and kill cops. 1 time i was trapped on this balcony and had the all weapons cheat on, and i had like 4 or 5 stars and the cops...they tried 2 shoot at me but i was at a spot where they missed. so i got had a pistol (i think) in my hand and just unloaded on the cops. 5 or 10 minutes of fun till they finally got a good shot and killed me.....good times, good times.....

Old 10-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

im uploading pics but my fav ride is the sandking, mine is lifted and fwd