Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Life is like a game

Trader Rating: (0)
Question Paint Scheme Question

I thought this would fit best here mods if it doesn't assist so I can learn from my mistakes on where threads would go.

Okay on to the thread. So I have a old bmx frame and I'm planning to fix over christmas break. I already have the parts and I kinda know what color I want to paint it, but I don't know what kind of paint to use.
I want to paint the fame either:
1) gunmetal and light blue
2) black and neon green
3) black and red
4) white and purple
5) black and orange
Well as you can see withe color choices i kinda want it to stand out, its so i can tell my bike out from others. Also for those who know a lot about bmx bikes it not a haro, WTP, Stln(Stolen), SUBROSA, or any of the better known bmx companies that be found on websites like http://www.danscomp.com/index.php, its also not one of those cheap bikes either. Its actually a royce union bmx. So does anyone know what paint I could use to make my bike look special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garder121 View Post
not so secret anymore but this is so sexy i'm gonna mix spanish and english together muy=very + sexy=sexy = smexy *very sexy* but i love the version more than the stock it just looks so nice idk how to explain myself.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

I'm not a bmx guy, so I don't know what bike your talking about. I have two favorites here. I like the gunmetal / light blue and the white / purple. It would come down to scheme and exact colors for me to decide between those two.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:11 PM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

I would go for the #1 and #4 color selections as well if you really want to stand out from the rest. However, you should go with what you feel is the most comfortable choice for yourself. I moved your thread from the Miscellaneous R/C's section (since that section has to do with miscellaneous R/Cs and not bikes) to the Off-Topic section since this would be considered an off-topic thread.
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 12-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Life is like a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFTKO View Post
I would go for the #1 and #4 color selections as well if you really want to stand out from the rest. However, you should go with what you feel is the most comfortable choice for yourself. I moved your thread from the Miscellaneous R/C's section (since that section has to do with miscellaneous R/Cs and not bikes) to the Off-Topic section since this would be considered an off-topic thread.
thanks for moving it for moving it for me. I'm also feeling those two color selections, but i really wanted to get some pointers on paint i should use on metal to get the best out of one these two color choices.

Quote:
not so secret anymore but this is so sexy i'm gonna mix spanish and english together muy=very + sexy=sexy = smexy *very sexy* but i love the version more than the stock it just looks so nice idk how to explain myself.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Life is like a game

Sorry for the double post but i wanted to know what anyone thought, the pics are kinda big so i spoilered them hopefully that helps because i have no clue how to resize.
Spoiler for Image of bike (the pic is kinda big):
That's what color choice #1 would look like except with the handlebar grips the same blue color.

Here's choice # 4
Spoiler for Image of choice #4:

Here's choice #3
Spoiler for Image of choice #3:

Spoiler for # 5:

Instead of the black and neon green i thought of this instead
Spoiler for New choice:

Other than finding out what you guys think on the color choices, what do you think would be the best type of paint to use?

Quote:
Old 12-20-2009, 07:06 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)

Luving orange and black. I have a vintage Schwinn Predator myself
Old 12-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Life is like a game

sweet, but do have any idea on what type of paint i should use? please keep in mind this would be my first paint job of anything ever, i've never even painted an xmod.

Quote:
Old 12-20-2009, 07:22 PM
Banned

Well, since its metal, I think you need to laquer it. Laquer is also used on musical instruments such as trumpets and saxaphones
Old 12-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Life is like a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNKevin4EvA View Post
Well, since its metal, I think you need to laquer it. Laquer is also used on musical instruments such as trumpets and saxaphones
I'm not sure that would work because the bike is rusted and needs to be sanded.

Quote:
Old 12-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Banned

Sandblast it first. If you are trying to paint over rust, its going to get worse.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Elite member

I really like that black/purple-pink scheme.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:21 PM
Life is like a game

I don't really want this to turn into a project thread because I wont have any pictures to show, but I want to share my experience on this fix. So yesterday I got an old bmx bike with parts that were in good condition (one man's trash is another man's treasure) and i was planning on stripping it to fix my old one. So i started yesterday and all I got done was to take off the tires off of the other bike. =[ Hopefully today I can get more done. Question: does anyone know how to take a chain off if there is no master link, and if no chain breaker is available? (P.S. i don't want to destroy the chain.)

Quote:
Old 12-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Banned

Ah, try to find the master. It can just be a regular chain holder but it is shaped differently. If you find that, or if you don't, find a loose piece, use a flat head screwdriver and hammer and you should be fine.

EDIT: look for this
http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/Photos/Chai...MasterLink.jpg
Old 12-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Life is like a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNKevin4EvA View Post
Ah, try to find the master. It can just be a regular chain holder but it is shaped differently. If you find that, or if you don't, find a loose piece, use a flat head screwdriver and hammer and you should be fine.

EDIT: look for this
http://faq.f650.com/FAQs/Photos/Chai...MasterLink.jpg
i looked up the problem and found out that some chains (like mine) have no master link. so i have to go buy either a new chain or a chain breaker.....(grrr)

Quote: