Go Back   XmodSource.com > Competitions > XMS Competitions > XMS Competition Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2009, 08:46 AM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to NETC_redd

nice vega if you're lucky enough you might find one that you don't even need to stretch the chassis for haha.

edit: what is this, a concept funny car?
http://cgi.ebay.com/AMT-Vegas-Astre-Funny-Car-Model-Kit-Chevrolet-Pontiac_W0QQitemZ390022781338QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item390022781338&_trksid=p32 86.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:15|39:1|240:1318
'77 Chevy Corvette

Last edited by NETC_redd; 01-11-2009 at 08:49 AM..
Old 01-11-2009, 09:17 AM
SPR

i have no idea. its quite ugly.

ive been all over ebay and google for hours and HOURS.

the model i want is rare and retired and sells for about 160-200 bucks!!

I found a couple resin body shells for 60 bucks but i dont think they include glass or any of the other detailed parts of the car.

and then i found diecast for 10 bucks! but i dont want metal. But ive found a few that im bidding on right now. they might need one chassis spacer, but they are plastic and very detailed. the only problem is they are pre-built. so ill have to carefully take them apart. but for 20ish bucks. (im guessing thats what i can get one for) im going to give it a shot
Old 01-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Stage 2 member

yeah i saw those too, good luck with the bidding

i'm on a hunt for a Ford Probe model. It's very rare but I have heard of them. And I mean a 93-97 one, not the older, boxier ones.
'77 Chevy Corvette
Old 01-11-2009, 09:26 AM
SPR

Thanks! first one ends in 3 and a half hours! hopefully i get it!
Old 01-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Stage 2 member

not if I get it first! no...just kidding...don't hurt me...

I have a '69 Camaro and Dodge Charger models sitting here waiting for me to finish them...hmmmm...
'77 Chevy Corvette
Old 01-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
Teaser hint at my entree. Assuming i can find the right model for less than $200 freaking dollars. And if anyone steals my car idea... Im flying to your house and stepping on it.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

ignore the retard talking in the background, he was trying to impress my girl friend.... like the loser he is... pretty sure she is more crazy for the guy driving the car that he can "almost" (more like get his *** handed too him by over 1.5 seconds) than him. haha
if his car's almost as fast as that, then you can take him in the ranger by over 1.5 seconds?
Old 01-11-2009, 11:07 AM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post
if his car's almost as fast as that, then you can take him in the ranger by over 1.5 seconds?
if you only knew the kid i was talking about... you would want to punch him in the face just thinking about him... he is a complete douche bag.

He has a 2007 wrx with a down pipe, front mount, intake, and a utec. He tunes his own motor (which he sucks *** at may i add)

he might make 240 whp at VERY MAX if he is lucky. He might run a 13.7 quarter mile. i run a 12 flat 1/4. We were racing 1/8th mile that day. i was sand bagging to stay at 8 flats (it was brk racing, and i was in the 8 second class) His car balls to the wall might run a 8.7.

He's that type he thinks he knows everything, he always has to have his hands into everything, and always thinks his **** is gold. He is always claiming he has atleast 350hp at the wheels and thats why he has gone threw 3 transmissions. He doesnt understand launch control on a stock transmission is whats breaking his car..

When were at car shows, if im explaining my buddys car that i built to someone, david will jump in and cut me off and start talking about it like he built it and knows everything about it... He has never touched a single bolt on that car!... kid is just a douche bag. so he was trying to brag/show off to my gf who was filming...
Old 01-11-2009, 11:49 AM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue504life View Post
can a 93 mustang count for it? it kinda is classisfied as 80s
Is a 1993 Mustang a car that was manufactured before 1980? That should answer your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoriganalRiD3R1967 View Post
i assume custom chassis do not count as fully functioning xmod chassis, correct?

sorry if this is considered as spam for having a very obvious answer, but i'm checking just in case....
Custom chassis' are allowed as long as they are based off an Xmod platform and use mostly Xmods parts. Chassis' such as the MRCG, however, are not allowed since they are based off of a MiniZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodzracer View Post
which part of the car has to remain xmods for it to be an xmods? i see alot of custom chassis' and alot of board swaps and even more model bodies. so what exactly classifies it as an xmods???
When it uses mostly Xmods parts then it's considered an Xmod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboi1289 View Post
Hey, I thought I posted here??? Oh well. Hey Donzii, can you make a thread for like suggestions for future competitions? I got a couple idea's that will mean big for the winners. Good prizes too.
All Competitions are thought of by the Moderating Staff. If you have a suggestion, you may mention it to me via Private Message and then the Staff will then review it. Chances are, we already have your suggestion (or at least something near it in a broader sense).

You all must remember that all of these submissions are subject to Xmodsource Moderating Staff approval. If we feel your submission does not comply with the Rules set in place, then it will not be allowed into the competition. This is an Xmodsource Competition, if it's mostly based around and Xmod and it falls under the category set for that months competition, then you're probably set. Just follow the rest of the Rules and you should be fine.

Also, if you're not me or one of the other Xmodsource Staff, do not answer questions posted in this thread unless you can directly quote them from either me or the rules. All you'll do is confuse people.

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 01-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Edit: Come on no El Camino, thats real stupid. Can you lift a El Camino, can you go major muddin' with an El Camino, can you throw some large super swampers on an El Camino, no, so it shouldnt be considered a truck, it should be considered a car. I had a old friend at my secondary school that had a 69 El Camino, it/still is the CAR of his life.
It has a full sized bed, it could tow and haul, it was advertised as a truck from Chevy. You can lift an El Camino, you can toss some big tires on it too. But should that be what defines what is a truck? Hell, I can lift a Maxima and toss big tires on it too, is it a truck now?

If you don't like it, don't enter.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 01-11-2009, 03:43 PM
the torqueinator

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to kendallcschm

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
It has a full sized bed, it could tow and haul, it was advertised as a truck from Chevy. You can lift an El Camino, you can toss some big tires on it too. But should that be what defines what is a truck? Hell, I can lift a Maxima and toss big tires on it too, is it a truck now?

If you don't like it, don't enter.
i agree... you can lift anything.. the el camino was a muscle car... and a nice one at that too.. and it could also be a truck... cause there are lowered trucks.. but what is the definition of a muscle car? well in my book it is a car with a powerful engine, fast, lower to the ground than a truck, and looks like a car... an el camino looks like a car, is low to the ground and fast...

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
some sort of suspension upgrade (message me if you have suggestions)
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft
composite driveshaft gears
Old 01-11-2009, 03:51 PM
XMS Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Next person to mention El Camino + Muscle Car gets three points. The Staff has spoken and said it is not allowed. If you still disagree, maybe a few points will help you think clearly.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 01-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

A car has a trunk. A truck has a bed. The end.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 01-11-2009, 07:23 PM
SPR

Well to turn the spirit of things around in this thread thats heading south. Guess what i got!!!

Im really mad its prebuilt... but i have a TON of plans for it. First being ripping it apart! Gotta see if i can hold my title 2 months in a row!

and mods... if you dont classify this as a muscle car... im going to be sooo mad
This is the true deffinition of muscle

Last edited by SPR; 01-11-2009 at 07:27 PM..
Old 01-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Stage 2 member

congrats, glad to see you got it!
'77 Chevy Corvette
Old 01-11-2009, 07:26 PM
SPR

yeah 42 freaking bucks later!! some asshole bumped it from 7 bucks in the last 10 seconds! glad i still won though..
Old 01-11-2009, 07:34 PM
the torqueinator

lol why did you get it is it even an RC car?? any way.. i can't wait to enter my 1965 Ford Mustang GT!! it will be sick!!! ... now it just needs an awesome paint job.. and all the mods listed in my sig

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft
Old 01-11-2009, 07:35 PM
LM Graphics

I don't even own any muscle car body.

I guess I'm out for this one.

Darn!

I will not be able to visit these forums very much anymore. If you need to contact me, please e-mail me at [email protected]. I will finish up all bodies I have and get them shipped to each of their owners. Thank you.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Stage 2 member

Quote:
yeah 42 freaking bucks later!! some asshole bumped it from 7 bucks in the last 10 seconds! glad i still won though..
that was me jking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallcschm View Post
lol why did you get it is it even an RC car?? any way.. i can't wait to enter my 1965 Ford Mustang GT!! it will be sick!!! ... now it just needs an awesome paint job.. and all the mods listed in my sig
its not an rc car, hes tearing it apart to use the body...
'77 Chevy Corvette
Old 01-11-2009, 07:39 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallcschm View Post
lol why did you get it is it even an RC car?? any way..
are you serious.....?
Old 01-11-2009, 09:40 PM
the torqueinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NETC_redd View Post
that was me jking...

its not an rc car, hes tearing it apart to use the body...
it seems a bit small for an xmod... im guessing it might be a zipzap

Quote:
are you serious.....?
yes dead serious...

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft