Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Du Ma Mai

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Songha

@ 4G63punk: I've seen some 1/24 model wheels of them that caught my eyes. Try typing "fujimi wheels" and hitting the search bar on eBay.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:31 PM
aka xmod4life

Trader Rating: (9)
Send a message via AIM to Dr. Kustom Send a message via MSN to Dr. Kustom

Those rims on WC's 350z are from the Mini-Z Formula Drift S15. As for the TE37, R246 made them in silver and bronze.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:39 PM
Drift maniac

Trader Rating: (7)

Boy its been a while. The weather hasn't been very nice in a long time. So breezy!!! And I've been busy.... Didn't update my sand and reprime cause I didn't really need to. Yesterday I tried shooting the gloss white but the crappy testors can crapped out and paint shot out under the nozzle! At first it was a really nice light mist, then out of nowhere it shoots like crazy! It didn't settle well on the car either. For some reason it made little holes as if someone poked the paint with a needle head or something. Didn't show up well in the pics though, it happened on the rear left part of the rear windshield on the trunk.

Here are some pics of where I'm at. My painting conditions really ****... wish I could paint in my garage but my parents won't let me cause of the paint dust And cause our house is new....

Rear is a bit nicer and has a pretty nice shine but the rest of the car is virtually on painted...

And this is what happened to the can. Got all over my paint handle-thingy too. Got another can of it today though. Its a bit newer and it didn't have too many problems today when I painted.

Also primed some body parts a while ago. Still gotta finish up the side skirts and fix the front bumper a little. Decided now to drill the holes in the front bumper, its just gonna look a little different.

And an annoying rough spot where the license plate goes. Hate it when this happens! so hard to sand!

Oh and when I painted today, I thought the can was fine, til I checked and there's now a spot of paint that shot out and clumped on the passenger window and somehow a spec of dust got on the car and ruined part of the driver's side door. testors paint is not good!!! sucks that there is no tamiya paint around me.......

More updates soon I promise

Team X.I.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:35 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

i hear ya on the paint man...thats the kind of problems i had all thru the COBRA Hummer build...over and over...thats why i kept getting so frustrated...oh well sand again and make another attempt eh?...looks nice in white...and at least the body work parts look smooth...just gotta solve the paint dilema...i am in the same boat...no taliya sprays close by...and the temps are getting colder and colder...it snowed last week...it was still august...LOL...seriously?

Team X.I.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

sad stuff with the paint but other tghen that its looking great!

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants

Last edited by winner; 09-09-2010 at 10:48 PM..
Old 09-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Drift maniac

Trader Rating: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydfanYodaman View Post
i hear ya on the paint man...thats the kind of problems i had all thru the COBRA Hummer build...over and over...thats why i kept getting so frustrated...oh well sand again and make another attempt eh?...looks nice in white...and at least the body work parts look smooth...just gotta solve the paint dilema...i am in the same boat...no taliya sprays close by...and the temps are getting colder and colder...it snowed last week...it was still august...LOL...seriously?
Yes this is very frusturating... This paint doesn't co-operate. I live in Minnesota but it hasn't snowed yet lucky us!! Its still pretty nice here

Quote:
Originally Posted by winner View Post
sad stuff with the paint but other tghen that its looking great!
Oh yeah you're telling me! thanks though!

So the results are still terrible. I hate this paint and I'm wondering why my car is still textured after I wetsand it with 600 and 1500 grit paper. This is my problem...

The rear was super smooth to the touch, and in light it looked fine. But after paint this happens

Those little dots on the rear windshield are so annoying!!!!

Also some dust that I swear came out of the can and a splotch of paint that came out of the can wrong. After it dried it settled in but now there's an outline of where it was.

I sanded it down and painted another coat. Still came out terrible, I saw parts that were clearly still textured and had orange peel. I think I"m going to live with it... Since I will drift the car, I think it should be fine til I get tamiya paint later. I can always strip this back down and repaint it So tomorrow I plan on doing the final coat of white, then masking it off for the windows and do the details etc. to finish it off. Thanks for the help guys!

Team X.I.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Hakosuka Love

Trader Rating: (5)

maybe sand it down a little more and do a couple mist coats? i havent had that bubbling problem except when i first tried painted anything with a can and just sprayed generously. keep it going though, it's looking promising!