Go Back   XmodSource.com > Mini & Micro > Mini & Micro Appearance > Members Mini & Micro RC Garages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Observer (for now) :)

Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via Yahoo to XMODification
Default My New (used) Micro-T DST's

Hey guys,
I recently won an Ebay bidding auction for 3 Micro-T DST about a week or so ago but I didn't had time to mess with them and take pics until last night. The auction stated that they where used and are for parts mostly but when I got them I discovered that 2 of them were perfectly fine and the other need minor repairs. After I soldered a few broken wires and made a few body clips from paperclips, all I need now is an extra battery and a rear suspension mount then all will be fine.

Here's a few pics of them plus my Raminator Micro-T MT :

As you can see I also removed the wheelie bar from my Raminator and it still alot fun to drive around (even better imo). All I need to do is get a few different bodies for the DST's and i'll be able to race them - these things are alot of fun btw.

I also got a few other Xmods stuff to update my collection with - those will up some time later when I get all my stuff together.

Thanks for watching guys!
Old 04-11-2008, 03:45 PM

Trader Rating: (22)
Send a message via AIM to 123Vette Send a message via Yahoo to 123Vette

nice but what are you going to do with 3 of the exact same trucks lol, you have friends you race with or somthing?
Old 04-11-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Vette View Post
nice but what are you going to do with 3 of the exact same trucks lol, you have friends you race with or somthing?
LOL - I mentioned that i'll be getting different bodies for them and then I can race them. I don't quite know anyone that are into RC's around my area so I can't say that i'll be racing them with someone soon -lol - I do have kids and they would love to get a chance to beat their dad at a rc racing match not to mention my 4 yr old son whom i'm training to get a hang of using the controller (he loves any thing to do with automobiles btw ).
Old 04-11-2008, 06:57 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid

Lol awesome X. I need a new rear hub for my DST. Thinking about aluminum because of how I bash lol. Nice save. Those paperclip pins look perfect! Too bad I live on the opposite side of the country lol. Got any LiPos? I do, great thing to get even with its high price because of the speeds and runtimes you get. Any of them have Threaded Axles? Doesn't the Raminator come with them? Another great part to get. Sorry that I got carried away, those look like mine in color but not in body condition lol. I also might need a new chassis soon, mine is starting to crack in the back from jumping it over the fence off the top of one of our sheds. Aww how awesome. Get them started while they are young, my dad got me hooked into rc when I was only 3, I got him into hobby-class rc
Old 04-11-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodracer1 View Post
Lol awesome X. I need a new rear hub for my DST. Thinking about aluminum because of how I bash lol. Nice save. Those paperclip pins look perfect! Too bad I live on the opposite side of the country lol. Got any LiPos? I do, great thing to get even with its high price because of the speeds and runtimes you get. Any of them have Threaded Axles? Doesn't the Raminator come with them? Another great part to get. Sorry that I got carried away, those look like mine in color but not in body condition lol. I also might need a new chassis soon, mine is starting to crack in the back from jumping it over the fence off the top of one of our sheds. Aww how awesome. Get them started while they are young, my dad got me hooked into rc when I was only 3, I got him into hobby-class rc
No problem dude! I'm also thinking of upgrading one of them to full alloy and also get the whole Lipo/brushless & esc package also.
The Raminator is the only one that comes with the thread axles indeed but hopefully i'll find some to replace the DT's - I hate those little clips on there. As for the paperclip body mounts, they work pretty well -lol.

I got my son hooked on cars and stuff from the day he able to play with toys on his own -lol. He only 4 but he told me the other that he's collecting diecast cars and trucks and that he has them all in toy box -lol, he drives my wife crazy because he leaves them all over the place ( he really has alot of them too -lol).

Anyways, i'll be updating my entire collection pics pretty soon - there's alot of new additions and stuff but I just need to get them together to take the pics.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:34 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Dude cool score you made there! Can I ask what you paid for the 3?

BTW - got my first Mini-Z Expect pics soon!!!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 04-11-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
Dude cool score you made there! Can I ask what you paid for the 3?

BTW - got my first Mini-Z Expect pics soon!!!
I got the 3 of them for $100 + shipping so it worked out to about $40 a piece shipped - not bad imo.

I'll be looking foward to seeing those mini-z pics - I know you wanted a awd Z for the longest so i'm glad you finally got one.

Btw - it's kinda hard to stop at one Z - it's pretty contagious like so I know you'll be getting another sooner than you think .
Old 04-11-2008, 07:54 PM
is here

X, you are right about many things, especially that this is an addicting hobby. Me and my dad are both getting 18th scale vehicles especially for upstate. I made a post before the database was lost. I am definitely getting the Raminator and he is definitely getting the Rammunition, but I have to pay for mine(as always) Sorry to jack your thread a little.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:56 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMODification View Post
I got the 3 of them for $100 + shipping so it worked out to about $40 a piece shipped - not bad imo.

I'll be looking foward to seeing those mini-z pics - I know you wanted a awd Z for the longest so i'm glad you finally got one.

Btw - it's kinda hard to stop at one Z - it's pretty contagious like so I know you'll be getting another sooner than you think .
Yeah good price man!!

Just bought some upgrades for the Z, I'll post pics once I get them!

I already have like 400 xmods I cant afford to get hooked on Z's But seriously I want to move into a larger scale electric car so hopefully something will come along soon!

Definitely a good score on these though.....

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 04-11-2008, 08:15 PM

Quote:
X, you are right about many things, especially that this is an addicting hobby. Me and my dad are both getting 18th scale vehicles especially for upstate. I made a post before the database was lost. I am definitely getting the Raminator and he is definitely getting the Rammunition, but I have to pay for mine(as always) Sorry to jack your thread a little.
COOL! I'll be getting the 1/18 scale pretty soon but it will have to wait for now. Be sure to post osme pics when you and your dad gets them dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
Yeah good price man!!

Just bought some upgrades for the Z, I'll post pics once I get them!

I already have like 400 xmods I cant afford to get hooked on Z's But seriously I want to move into a larger scale electric car so hopefully something will come along soon!

Definitely a good score on these though.....
Thanks bro!

So far, I think i'll be try to get the Baja and the original micro-t plus the 1/18 Raminator - those are next in line on my list to add to my collection. I do know that you've got lot but trust me - you'll like the mini-z for the autosclae bodies and they're pretty darn good for competitive racing (way better than Xmods in that field for sure).
Old 04-11-2008, 09:09 PM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMODification View Post
COOL! I'll be getting the 1/18 scale pretty soon but it will have to wait for now. Be sure to post osme pics when you and your dad gets them dude.

Thanks bro!

So far, I think i'll be try to get the Baja and the original micro-t plus the 1/18 Raminator - those are next in line on my list to add to my collection. I do know that you've got lot but trust me - you'll like the mini-z for the autosclae bodies and they're pretty darn good for competitive racing (way better than Xmods in that field for sure).
I originally wanted the Micro T when I saw the Micro B. I think I might go look for a lot on eBay after my B-Day and Bar-mitzvah(Late june&early july)
Old 04-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)

X, hack one to shreds, HG conversion, nice small rx, and a 130 motor
Old 04-11-2008, 11:02 PM

Quote:
I originally wanted the Micro T when I saw the Micro B. I think I might go look for a lot on eBay after my B-Day and Bar-mitzvah(Late june&early july)
Yeah - bidding on a lot is a good idea but you just have to be willing to put up a certain amount for them also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt456 View Post
X, hack one to shreds, HG conversion, nice small rx, and a 130 motor
No need for that since I have 2 additional micro-t boards with controls. I'll be using those for custom work so I keep these in one piece for now.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:45 AM
is here

Is this the person you got them from? I see they have lots on the T's, B's, and DST's.
http://stores.ebay.com/Hobb-e-Mart
Old 04-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

X, look into the 3Racing Parts. They make the best quality parts for the micro series. I'm not sure if they make parts for the DT's but they make awesome parts for the micro-t. There is no point in a brushless setup X. Get a Losi Lipo, Atomic BB motor, Losi Bearings, and some new treads. With the brushless you only get about 5 minutes of runtime. check out www.microtforum.com for more info. Im "thewheelyking" and Im also a moderator.

Last edited by Donziikid; 04-12-2008 at 12:05 PM..
Old 04-12-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Is this the person you got them from? I see they have lots on the T's, B's, and DST's.
http://stores.ebay.com/Hobb-e-Mart
Yeah, that's the same one that I won the auction from, you have to read the fine print and large disclaimers since some of teh auctions are listed as parts only. The pics of the actual items are on every auction page so you can see what you're bidding on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodificationer View Post
X, look into the 3Racing Parts. They make the best quality parts for the micro series. I'm not sure if they make parts for the DT's but they make awesome parts for the micro-t. There is no point in a brushless setup X. Get a Losi Lipo, Atomic BB motor, Losi Bearings, and some new treads. With the brushless you only get about 5 minutes of runtime. check out www.microtforum.com for more info. Im "thewheelyking" and Im also a moderator.
Thanks for the heads up on the Brushless system - that'll save me some money for sure. I'll try to look around for bargain deals on the alloy parts and the other stuff but i'll be getting the lipo and that Atomic bb motor first . Thanks agian dude.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

No prob X, go to www.killerhobbies.com to get the Lipo with charger. The shipping is real cheap and I love them. I got most my parts from them. If you want to get the Atomic motor, and some 3Racing go to www.thetoyz.com Killer doesn't carry the Atomic BB.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)

When your brushes wear out don't start complaining...
Xmodificationer, 3racing?
Lol, they deffinately are NOT the best, Atomic is.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Banned

yea but Atomic is expensive as hell! I still like the 3Racing Micro-t. The graphite chassis is so sexy.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:46 PM
is here

Did anyone notice that someone started making new Alum micro DT chassis and shocktowers? I found it on another forum, BYT or RCU. It was either Atomic or 3Racing. I need some new rear hubs for mine lol. Some of you have no clue how hard I beat on mine. I can't believe it didn't break when I was beating on it and bashing over the fence, but when I was driving, it broke. It is a good thing they made an alum DT chassis b/c i need a new one. Sorry that my grammar isnt teh bessst, i am in a hurry.