Go Back   XmodSource.com > XMS > Questions / Suggestions / Complaints / Comments
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to stang_racer
Default imo, this site is turning into a mini z site.

why is that? like today i hit new posts and this is the second times its happened where the number of mini threads out number the xmod threads, is this a mini z forum or a xmod forum? im honestly starting to wonder.

beak beak beak rant rant rant
Old 08-16-2009, 02:31 PM
auto body tech

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via Yahoo to spitfire

I feel its xmod based. With alot of other RC's included.

One thing you should look at is the number of threads the mini z section has and the number that xmods have, new and old. It way over powers mini-z's.

RA44 USGP 10th Anniversary Toyota Celica.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Elite member

still i mean the mini zs are kinda taking over... and their way different idea from the xmod. xmod was a mod about rc for a cheap price and they lasted too, mini z's are retardedly expensive from what ive seen and are full on hobby grade, i dunno i feel like the mini z's need to take things to their own forum... idea there maybe? mini z source?
Old 08-16-2009, 02:44 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)

I personally dont see the problem, it's not like the activity is taking away from the xmod sections, just a broader range of topics here which to me is nice and you dont have to worry about belonging to 50 different forums.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (3)

It's the same scale-wise, so there is a lot of similarities which leads some to get into both of them..

Plus, from what i've seen, it only has been these two last day, all i've seen was two threads related to mini-z.

Btw i've seen threads started from you that was larger scale rc's related. I'm not trying to pick on you, i'm just saying that it does happen to talk about something else than xmods.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Proud Supra owner!

Trader Rating: (10)
Send a message via AIM to WhiteMKIV Send a message via MSN to WhiteMKIV Send a message via Yahoo to WhiteMKIV

i think that xms "prime" is done and over with i mean its still i kickass website but its deff had alot more people on it and has deff been more active i miss the old xms
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
that wasnt exactly a good first post....

but im flattered my tool box turns you on
Old 08-16-2009, 06:50 PM
XMS Admin

Trader Rating: (35)
Send a message via MSN to zippo855 Send a message via Yahoo to zippo855

site activity is site activity. as it is an xmod site that will always be the main focus of the forum, but as people move out of xmods and into other areas mini z's, bigger scale rcs, micro ts, etc. it is still good to know that they are sharing their projects, collections, and new rcs with everyone. even if its not xmods its still an rc car / truck which we all love. i know i have an impressive xmod collection, but i am slowly adding more rcs to play around with, micros, mini zs, nitros, but xmods will still be my main focus as they are cheaper than a lot tof my other toys.

TEAM X.I.
my massive collection of xmods
http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13526
Old 08-17-2009, 03:34 AM
Elite member

bart, that is true it is kinda nice to not have to remember a bunch of different passwords and such, i can see where your comming from there but are you seeing where im comming from? comming to xms to see mini threads is kind of annoying at times.

yea civic, but that with the bigger rc's its like theres abunch and not a constistant steam of threads about the one type, picking up what im putting down?

and yeah white xms has seen alot more members back a year ago or so, things were different thats for sure.

i guess this thread wasnt much of a complaint, question or sugestion, but more of a discussion about that forum, time to look back and maybe remember how we did things a year ago... back when xmodification, not xmodification-ER, would post up such sick model body truck conversions, **** i miss those! i always find it kinda entertaining to look back, doesnt everyone?
Old 08-17-2009, 09:09 AM
the torqueinator

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to kendallcschm

i kinda agree that its becoming more Mini-Z oriented.. i know when i post about xmods its not normally answered by alot of people.. im just saying that maybe we should get back on track with xmods.. i know i can't afford Mini-z's and i miss all the xmod conversation

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
some sort of suspension upgrade (message me if you have suggestions)
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft
composite driveshaft gears
Old 08-17-2009, 10:42 AM
auto body tech

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via Yahoo to spitfire

I dont think its become a mini-z forum. People come and go all the time. People come to start with xmods and then after a year or so they get bored, so then they move on to a different RC. Rather it be mini-z or nitro or what ever other RC there mite be. I would move on to mini-z's but there just to darn expensive for me, and id rather put the money into my real car. The main resin i think they have other RC sections is to keep poeple from getting bored with one RC and alowing them to move to something else.

Another thing ive noticed is that most of the people who are into mini-z's are also into xmods. They havent that the xmod hobby. There doing both at the same time. Just my two cents...

RA44 USGP 10th Anniversary Toyota Celica.