Go Back   XmodSource.com > Mini & Micro > Mini & Micro Appearance > Members Mini & Micro RC Garages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Rethink It All

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to RedSXmodder Send a message via MSN to RedSXmodder

Mmmm....21mm delrin you say...any issues with body fitment?

And the bodies look super sexy btw...how many MRCGs is that now?

Team Redmade Motors- Building Motors that rise above the rest!

Rethink It All
Old 07-15-2009, 07:32 PM
micro-creationist

Trader Rating: (1)

Well, I've had every variation as the design has progressed but I actually only have one that runs and I sold my previous track car to another GSR member so he could have another stock pancar chassis.

As for the rims they function real well with not much clearance issues. It seems like most of the bodies I've tried it with have fairly large wheel wells.

stay tuned for the GT1 LeMans racer body that's going with this mrcg chassis...the guys I race (if you can call it that) like to stay with GT class racing and don't really dig LMP/Pan Car variants.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:17 PM
micro-creationist

MRCG/GT1 class racer.

I had to grind off the gigantic front splitter because they tend to get caught in the RCP walls and spin the car at the slightest rub.

I'll post times for this bad boy as long as it's running well...it may be set too soft but we'll see.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:54 PM
micro-creationist

Paired down my collection for a couple weeks....

I've got a new MR03 and sold an MR02 and have a couple more cars probably leaving the fleet when a couple buddies get more into Z racing with me.

for $170 (the price of a chassis set) I got a modified board (2x2 8858fet) a PN 94-98mount, RR frp 96mm T-Plate, a QTec superlight diff, RR bearings and alloy knuckles with RR MR03 kingpins.

All in all this beast is super light.

The PanCar body is one I've had laying about for a while and it came with a white Pancar as well.

I'll get to try it this weekend but floor test shows it changes directions super quick....probably too fast for me .

BTW, anyone whos planning on making an ASF swap in the future for mini-z's or xmods be sure to buy the RA-22 board and not the RA-18. RA-18 is the v1 board with the reverse lag and the MR03 board (RA-22) is quick into reverse...wicked switch.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

looks really good! how do you like that front end setup vs. the stock?

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants
Old 07-09-2010, 11:23 PM
micro-creationist

To be honest, I haven't had any experience with either. I get the idea behind the reflex racing modification and from their vast mini z racing knowledge I trust and value their knowledge and capabilities.

Once I get a handle on driving this bad boy I may look into their front end design that can set a caster and camber angle. A guy I know in Vancouver helped design it and I know he's an excellent racer and first rate creationist. Ron has got mad skills.....