Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic > Gamers Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2008, 06:02 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knvictd View Post
Actually, since this is GTA we're talking about, it will most likely have some retarded name.
400G maybe... lol.
Yeah you're right, I just remembered they make the most retarted names for guns and cars
Old 03-23-2008, 06:33 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

Looks like a 300C body, but a Rolls Royce grill...
Old 03-24-2008, 03:36 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontspamme View Post
Looks like a 300C body, but a Rolls Royce grill...
no it doesnt its a 300c, i dont see how you see a 100000$ car in that 25000$ frame...
Old 03-24-2008, 03:42 AM
Stage 2 member

thanks now i got another game i need to get so w/e ima get this instead of rainbow six vegas since im poor but Halo 3 and something else has got to go
Old 03-24-2008, 08:04 AM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodificationer View Post
Can't wait for this game. Comes out April 29th. I want to pre-order the collectors so bad.... Its no doubt going to be a great game. Make sure to get a Xbox 360 and not a PS3 though.
actually it comes out late on the 28th. look on the board behind the desk at gamestop.

Quote:
Actually, since this is GTA we're talking about, it will most likely have some retarded name.
400G maybe... lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blt456 View Post
Yeah you're right, I just remembered they make the most retarted names for guns and cars
but they transfer names over from game to game. for all we know that's the new kuruma!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:48 AM
Banned

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via Yahoo to fordman239

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt456 View Post
they do that cuz there was a lawsuit about names being patented, so they can only use real names for the things they got permission/paid for to use in the game. the ak 47, a real gun, but all of the cars they make up stuff that isnt even close to the real thing becuz they dont want another lawsuit.

gta doesnt have that bad of graphics imo, but ya know, its only a video game, eh? it cant be like real life or else people would try to do the stupid **** they do it the game (nothing really stops them anyway, but if it was any more real, people would definantly think it was too easy and try it)
Old 03-24-2008, 09:51 AM
Elite member

Actually, back on the subject of the 300C, I have to admit, the front end resembles a RR, but what 300 doesnt? But anyway, 300's have rounded headlights, that one has square. So either thats supposed to be a 300 with a RR BK, or R* just got lazy.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Banned

Well, games arent exactly detailed to every little point. There is some stuff that isnt exactly whats there.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Surgeon

Quote:
Actually, back on the subject of the 300C, I have to admit, the front end resembles a RR, but what 300 doesnt? But anyway, 300's have rounded headlights, that one has square. So either thats supposed to be a 300 with a RR BK, or R* just got lazy.
They've always changed the name of the vehicles so they wouldn't have to aquire the licensing, and they've made changes to the body style to ensure that it resembles it enough to make the point, but not so much they can be sued. The most clever, IMO, was the Club.

Think about it from an automaker's perspective, this is a game that is constantly protested and pushing the bar on what is acceptable as a form of art rather than obsenity. Would you want a product you sell to be associated with something so Taboo?
Old 04-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post
They've always changed the name of the vehicles so they wouldn't have to aquire the licensing, and they've made changes to the body style to ensure that it resembles it enough to make the point, but not so much they can be sued. The most clever, IMO, was the Club.

Think about it from an automaker's perspective, this is a game that is constantly protested and pushing the bar on what is acceptable as a form of art rather than obsenity. Would you want a product you sell to be associated with something so Taboo?

i think the "trashmaster" was pretty straight forward, as well as the "stretch"
Old 04-19-2008, 08:27 AM
MSI <3

ok, so yesterday i reserved it at blockbuster. $5 down. i don't have to pay anything else! just $5 down and i owe $54.99 on tuesday. i also get framed game art for reserving it! if any of you haven't reserved it yet, do it at blockbuster! you can even pay for it with old games! i have a buttload of 'em, so i may be able to take up azngtboy's deal once i see what i have left afterward.

anyway, back on the subject of gta cars, i personally think that the Land Stalker is the most clever name. i know it's a parody of Land Rover, but it just seems so different. i dunno... the least clever is definately the Ambulance, though. or the Taxi. one thing i hope is that they have the Turismo, i loved that car like a brother. oh yeah, and customization garages, like SA. XBOX LIVE!!!! i forgot all about it!!!!! i hope it has xbl free roam, not just saints row style stuff. oh man, i cannot freakin' wait!
Old 04-19-2008, 08:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird999 View Post
ok, so yesterday i reserved it at blockbuster. $5 down. i don't have to pay anything else! just $5 down and i owe $54.99 on tuesday. i also get framed game art for reserving it! if any of you haven't reserved it yet, do it at blockbuster! you can even pay for it with old games! i have a buttload of 'em, so i may be able to take up azngtboy's deal once i see what i have left afterward.

anyway, back on the subject of gta cars, i personally think that the Land Stalker is the most clever name. i know it's a parody of Land Rover, but it just seems so different. i dunno... the least clever is definately the Ambulance, though. or the Taxi. one thing i hope is that they have the Turismo, i loved that car like a brother. oh yeah, and customization garages, like SA. XBOX LIVE!!!! i forgot all about it!!!!! i hope it has xbl free roam, not just saints row style stuff. oh man, i cannot freakin' wait!
dude, i wouldnt buy it right away, becuz ill just wait for the price to go down, lol. and old games are worth more than old game systems, figured that one out, lol.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:55 AM
MSI <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman239 View Post
dude, i wouldnt buy it right away, becuz ill just wait for the price to go down, lol. and old games are worth more than old game systems, figured that one out, lol.
that's the catch. even if it costs $2, i owe $54.99. plus i won't get the framed picture if i wait too long.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Banned

i didnt get that but ok.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:28 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird999 View Post
that's the catch. even if it costs $2, i owe $54.99. plus i won't get the framed picture if i wait too long.
They have store credit?
Erm..55-2= $53.00 ...
Old 04-28-2008, 07:58 AM
MSI <3

it Comes Out Today At 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm going out tomorrow after school for it! i can't freakin' wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 04:08 PM
US Air Force

Trader Rating: (9)

i can't wait either man! live is going to be so awesome!
count down is a 10h 50m 44seconds as of now
Old 04-28-2008, 04:25 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)
Send a message via AIM to coolcar24th Send a message via MSN to coolcar24th

My local gamestop already has it right now. Ima go and pick it up now. Perks of having your bud work as manager of a local gamestop. BTW ill be getting it for PS3. Online gamertag is (sam24th) incase anyone wants to find me.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:26 PM
US Air Force

Trader Rating: (9)

get a xbox man, and is AIM working for you?
Old 04-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)
Send a message via AIM to coolcar24th Send a message via MSN to coolcar24th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanglover View Post
get a xbox man, and is AIM working for you?
I have a 360, but im getting it for PS3 cause all my buds have PS3 instead, besides online is free and graphics are better. No im not putting the 360 down or anything, just stating what I have experienced.

Also AIM is working fine.