Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Appearance > Member XMOD RC Garages
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2008, 10:55 PM
SPR

****nnn. thats sooo many!! lol

I do!! it will be my 4th suby, got another 67 camaro coming too.

and ive got 5 more subys on the waiting list for Mr.cash to come around so i can get em
Old 11-09-2008, 11:00 PM
DONE!!!!

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to blue504life

nice collection, i thought i had alot, the red stang is nice, but its not a mustang GT is a cobra just to let you know, where did you get the navigator body? i thik thats my favorate

Did you know, that brawndo's got what plants crave?
Old 11-10-2008, 07:44 AM
the torqueinator

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to kendallcschm

NICE MUSTANGS!!! dud awesome cars in general

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
some sort of suspension upgrade (message me if you have suggestions)
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft
composite driveshaft gears
Old 05-06-2009, 12:30 AM
dirtlover/moderator

evidently haven't posted up pics in here in a while...finally took some of the newest gen of evos...some pics are a lil dim but will have to do since the 'photo' shop is under construction

Nissan GT - R ...scion bk wheels

65 Mustang - painted mild bodykit, hood, and louvers...barricade wheels

Corvette Z06...gen 1 corvette wheels...for now

...and finally the new Audi R8

hope to be posting up more project pics within the week...plus some shop pics too...

Team X.I.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:13 PM
dirtlover/moderator

OK so i decided to start building a scale garage/shop a while back...thought i would go with a 4 sided shop to be a little different...but it's a pain in the butt taking pictures ...the shop still needs paint but it mostly complete...i am happy with most of the accessories but there are still a couple things i think i want to add...

so this is my first attempt at shots, i put too many cars in the shop LOL but it gave me a chance to show off some new additions...and it gave me some ideas for the next photo session...

so anyways...better pics to come when i get my lighting figured out...

Team X.I.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:59 PM
p0ser

Trader Rating: (0)

Flyod!!! I'm really happy to see you updating this and to see you getting your garage set up. You might have to hire some more mechanics to get some of that inventory through. It's awesome to see that you finally got that SLR and I hope the other two beside it are treating you well
Old 03-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Elite member

Nice garage!
The little tool chests,batteries,creepers, and other little details are amazing.

The collection of Xmods are sweet too.
The Maine state trooper car is sweet. I used to live in Maine and have gotten pulled over by a state trooper of two but none of them had a car like that. I just can't picture that trooper car making it through a Maine winter.lol

...................Anyways, great collection and garage. More pics of the garage would be great!

Toyota, Moving Forward. Even if you push the breaks.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:33 AM
XMS ADMINISTRATOR

Trader Rating: (17)

Great collection and detailed shop! I can't get over the miniature fender covers in the last pic! That is the first time I have ever seen those!
My XMODS
Proud member of Team NCXR

WANTED: Gen. 1 cf Chassis Upgrade (just parts from the upgrade will do fine)
Old 03-23-2010, 03:40 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (6)

Nice shop! Looks like you need another to house all them cars. Wanna put some in my shop?

The black mustang looks factory painted. Great job on that!
Old 03-24-2010, 01:56 AM
dirtlover/moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
Flyod!!! I'm really happy to see you updating this and to see you getting your garage set up. You might have to hire some more mechanics to get some of that inventory through. It's awesome to see that you finally got that SLR and I hope the other two beside it are treating you well
yeah i've been a little more inspired with the new additions and the warm weather...i am still a long ways from some of your recent scores

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerpower View Post
Nice garage!
The little tool chests,batteries,creepers, and other little details are amazing.

The collection of Xmods are sweet too.
The Maine state trooper car is sweet. I used to live in Maine and have gotten pulled over by a state trooper of two but none of them had a car like that. I just can't picture that trooper car making it through a Maine winter.lol

...................Anyways, great collection and garage. More pics of the garage would be great!
thanks...the garage has been just an idea for the longest time...been slowly getting accessories here and there when they are cheap...i've got 3 different sets so far...and an xmas ornament(the largest tool box) LOL...still a couple more sets i'd like to get to kinda fill the nooks n crannies haha

and i made the troopa supra LOL cus my wife was from there...i was born/raised in RI...i coulda gone with the dark blue/light blue paint sheme but i always thought that it was kind of blah/drab...i had to add my own spin on it i guess...got all the decals in the right locations tho...it would make one badass trooper in the summers LOL ayuh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFTKO View Post
Great collection and detailed shop! I can't get over the miniature fender covers in the last pic! That is the first time I have ever seen those!
thanks man i appreciate the kind words...it amazes me all the things that people make to scale...there is a great variety of things out there to fit anyones theme/ideas...i will try to get some better pics of the shop and the accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_Xmods View Post
Nice shop! Looks like you need another to house all them cars. Wanna put some in my shop?

The black mustang looks factory painted. Great job on that!
yeah its a little packed in the pics LOL...working on an interesting storage solution to see if i can fit some more cars in there too...just a bit differently

thanks...the black mustang is from the last gen3 release...i just painted up the mild kit and added the hood and louvers...appreciate all the great comments

going to try to move some things around...and adjust the lighting...the yellowness to the pics is making me nuts...yet i hate the washout of using the flash...oh well hopefully some better shots tomorrow...

Team X.I.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:21 AM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (3)

Nice collection! First off, where do you find all that scale stuff? I would love to setup my own garage. Second, some simple solutions for flash whiteout/ yellowing of your photos, a quick fix would be to setup some fluorescent fixtures vs standard incandescent bulbs. Fluorescent light will really make your colors pop, while incandescent (your standard lightbulb) will yellow it out. Of course you could always get an incandescent filter for your camera, or make an indirect light filter for your flash like I did; I found after some practice that blank stencil sheets work well, and can be stacked for more/less light diffusion.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:35 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlsatmoonlight View Post
Nice collection! First off, where do you find all that scale stuff? I would love to setup my own garage. Second, some simple solutions for flash whiteout/ yellowing of your photos, a quick fix would be to setup some fluorescent fixtures vs standard incandescent bulbs. Fluorescent light will really make your colors pop, while incandescent (your standard lightbulb) will yellow it out. Of course you could always get an incandescent filter for your camera, or make an indirect light filter for your flash like I did; I found after some practice that blank stencil sheets work well, and can be stacked for more/less light diffusion.
thanks man...it's been an addiction in the making LOL...hey we all need a hobby haha

all the scale stuff came off of ebay...just had to search for things in a few different ways/wordings...i have seen other members on xmf get scale stuff from their lhs...my local kinda sucks tho so i hafta do the ebay thing

and as far as the lighting goes...i had the mini-shop out in the garage with my flourscents but brought it inside for pics...didnt want to have to bring all the cars and such all out to the garage since they are stored inside...and i didnt want to have to bring all the cars in at night since our temps are so cold still...so i set it up inside and...i am thinking of mounting one or two of those under the cabinet flourescents...like for your kitchen...under my hobby table/over the mini-garage...like you said the whiter light will help alot and maybe the above lighting will cut down on shadows and blur too

thanks for the comments

Team X.I.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:48 AM
p0ser

Lamps are a very important when getting the lighting right.

I have 3 different reading lamps that I take with me when I'm taking indoor pictures. They are all $10 specials from WalMart or where ever. Keep it up Floyd.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:50 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Cool

OK a little better lighting...and pics...and i am on the hunt for better lamps too LOL...i am sure a better camera wouldnt hurt the situation either LOL

so hopefully some better shots of the garage, the accessories, some other projects and additions to the collection...and a model kit that i have been hunting for for awhile...just didnt want to pay ridiculous prices...just a mock up for now...but already i am stoked...anyways...

thanks for looking...

Team X.I.

Last edited by FloydfanYodaman; 03-26-2010 at 11:56 PM..
Old 03-27-2010, 05:11 AM
Stage 2 member

I love the mini garage setup.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

I have to know where you found all of the compressors, toolboxes, gas cans, jacks and all of the little shop accessories. Those are sweet!
Old 03-27-2010, 10:15 AM
dirtlover/moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
I have to know where you found all of the compressors, toolboxes, gas cans, jacks and all of the little shop accessories. Those are sweet!
hey man...everything was from ebay LOL...just been slowing getting stuff

Team X.I.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:38 AM
Elite member

Wow, that floor jack really works?
I can't get over the detail of those accessories.

Toyota, Moving Forward. Even if you push the breaks.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:24 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerpower View Post
Wow, that floor jack really works?
I can't get over the detail of those accessories.
LOL yeah the jack totally works...i think the Mac Tools is the most well made set...the snap-on box is an xmas ornament LOL...and the craftsman set is cool, but made of plastic and not die-cast...thanks for the comments

Team X.I.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:58 AM
p0ser

Floyd, your shots are getting really nice. If the one of the jerry can was more focused, you'd have a nice concept.

I have to ask, are the fenders on the Orange Camaro shaved abit?