Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > General XMODs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2011, 11:12 PM
p0ser

Trader Rating: (0)

Chris from XI did a very good review on these and I bought one myself. For the money spent on them, you may as well buy a model kit and fit it onto the Xmods chassis. The electronics and chassis are pretty much one piece, cheap, garbage, toy grade R/Cs, the front clips are removable but do not line up with the xmods chassis at all so the RealDrive bodies that are not duplicates of some of the available Xmods ones cannot be adapted easily (because you can't use Xmods front clips). The rear of the body is held in by screws to the chassis so the Xmod rear clips also have to be engineered. I can't speak for all of the bodies but the level of detail isn't as great as the Gen 1's or EVO's.

Save your money...

Here is a pic of the F430 I bought.

Converted to an Xmod.

If you aren't very good with paint, then this is an option, otherwise I would suggest trying to keep more toys from ending up in the landfill.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Stage 1 member

Subaru arrived today:

Nothing special, but kinda cool box.

Looks nice and that WRX-logo on the side makes it a little different.

Is this the USA-model of Impreza because on the right is my other stock side skirt which is from UK Subaru?

Front bumper looks different too.

Scoop is different too.

Front bumpers STi-logo is different too and background looks like a grill compared to my other stock bumper which is just smooth.

Spoiler comparison. Yep they are different.

Whats under the hood? Well not much. It has lights which is nice, but nothing else is.
I drove it around a bit and its well just a toy. Bad turning radius, low speed and really glitchy. Acceleration was slow, but top speed was pretty basic toy-rc. Controlling radius was short too and it didnt stop immediately when it was out of range and then the fear really hit me. I didnt want to destroy my Subaru-body so I stopped torturing myself with this toy.

If I am going to use this in Xmod-chassis the rear clip is the first problem.
Nothing too hard, but it needs some work. Maybe I just cut it off and flip it around.

Antenna is good for making custom exhaust pipes and maybe I can get those lights working in Xmod-chassis too.
Probably rims too.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Civic lover

looks good makes me want one now.