Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > Misc Electric
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 03-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)
Default Sound like a good deal to you guys?

A RTR Traxxas Slash with a brushless setup for $250?

I don't know any thing specific about it yet, but a guy I work with just bought a 1/5 HPI buggy or whatever it is and wants to downsize his collection. BTW, those things are HUGE in person, holy crap!

He says it's capable of 70-80mph, sound right? The Slash that is..

Wish I had his number, I'd go check it out this weekend to get more info on it. I'm sure it's in pretty good shape though, I know the guy is into taking care of his stuff.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

How long has he ran it? How was it used? And what BL system does he have in there? Does it come with everything you need to run?

A stock NIB Slash is around $200. And your only paying $50 more for BL, which is a **** good price. The motors are $100 alone
Old 03-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Elite member

Like I said, I don't know much about it other than what he briefly told me. We don't have much time to converse at work, but we ended up getting back to the terminal at the same time. (We are Fed Ex drivers)

It does come RTR, I think it's Li-Po powered as well.

But judging from the given information, sounds like a good deal?
Old 03-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Gen 1 junkie !

Trader Rating: (6)
Send a message via AIM to dontspamme Send a message via MSN to dontspamme

It's a great deal from what I'm thinking of. If it's a full setup, with reciever, ESC, transmitter, lipos etc... Thats a great deal. Take it!
Old 03-15-2009, 04:36 PM
RC CRAWLING ADDICT!

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to amorton94 Send a message via Skype™ to amorton94

Buy it or else!! Else you'll regret it!
Old 03-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Elite member

I told him to save it for me because I was pretty sure it's worth it. Now I need to find some time to check it out and run it before I lay any money down.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:53 PM
Elite member

Ok, talked to him this morning. He has decided to not include the brushless setup as he said he had almost $200 into the brushless alone.

He said he would put it back to basically stock, and lowered the price to $150.

Still a good deal?

Keep in mind I still haven't seen it yet, so this is assuming it's in good shape and what not. And it's still going to be RTR.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Back from the bodyshop

Trader Rating: (1)

That would still be a good deal considering the stock trucks run 200 alone without the batteries or the charger. Overall I have spent 200 on the truck 90 for batteries and charger. And like another 60 on bodies and possible another 30 on some wheels. So they can get pretty expensive but that would be a good deal.

http://www.nickgrant.co.uk/londontobrighton/013.gif
./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
Old 03-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)

I would go with a new waterproof stampede.I had both and the stampede is so much fun for 139.99
Old 03-16-2009, 10:05 PM
RC CRAWLING ADDICT!

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to amorton94 Send a message via Skype™ to amorton94

^ All traxxas are waterproof so it doesn't matter. But I'd do it. If it is in good condition, than it a steal. and that $50 could go towards lipo or brushless.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Back from the bodyshop

Plus they both use the titan 550 when stock so they both go about the same speed. I just chose the slash because I like the way the body looks a little bit better and I really like watching the corr races.

http://www.nickgrant.co.uk/londontobrighton/013.gif
./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
Old 03-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Elite member

Cool. I'm going to tell him tomorrow to bring it to work on Wed. so I can at the least look at it, and if possible maybe get a run if I have time after work and he gets there the same time as me.. If he has time to return it to stock by then.

I'll definitely be picking this up, just in time too as my Pro Pulse is going bye bye. Woohoo!
Old 03-20-2009, 08:01 PM
is here

Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid

I love my Slash on but it is nowhere near stock anymore...well electronics wise. No way a Slash will do 70-80mph, I can barely clear 45mph with my Brushless one. Plus remember with LiPo and gearing. The only bad things on the Slash is out of the box its not the fastest thing on the dirt(but yours will not be stock right?). Doesn't come with a battery, charger or AA's for the transmitter. Tires are junk with brushless power. I had little wear on my rears even after 6 months stock running, Sidewinder 5700 and 7Cell NiMH made my tires bald and ripped within less than a month. It's a rock solid truck though but make sure all the "nuts n' bolts" are tight before running. Mine were but its always good to check. Check for cracks or anything in the chassis. The stock radio with brushless is junk. Currently saving for a DX3.0 from my LHS, price dropped on them but currently using my 2.4GHz radio from my Mini LST2. Want a video of almost full speed? I got one but I never got full because on the stockers either the front would lift or it would spin out. Got some dirt paws by Pro Line for offroad and man they rock!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIF_M...e=channel_page

Durability you may ask? My Brushless Slash is tough as nails and it gets beaten to heck! I have taken over 15 feet up and 10+feet out(no lie) and landed on its lid multiple times as well as flips, perfect landings, and crashes and it was below freezing...only part broken was a body mount and the body got one crack on its roof. Just remember once you switch to brushless, it is no longer waterproof, water resistant with some but not waterproof. Water proofing is very easy and takes only a few minutes. Hope this helps. Yeah Pro Pulse is junk I moved on from that with 2 brushless RC's one nitro and a ton other electrics that out perform and out handle and out handle terrains from the pro pulse and that never ever got beaten.