Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > General XMODs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2006, 08:50 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Post Good to be back.

First, I have to say it's good to be back on the forum. I left about a year ago because of other R/C interests. I spent more on a single brushless motor for my 1/10th scale truck than I spent on my entire XMOD stuff. So I'm back.

Second, I've been on the RS site and seen all the new XMOD stuff, cool new cars (and trucks) and maybe more coming soon. I've looked around some of the aftermarket parts places too, new stuff their, and some expensive add-ons that can make your car scream. While going fast is essentially the reason for the hobby, I'd rather do more with less, and for the moment at least, I'll stick with off the rack stuff from RS.

I dusted off the car, charged up the batteries and set out on my slick concrete floor of my garage. I got some decent drifts going, about as good as you can with an AWD car I guess, but I found that they're still fun. I went out and bought some PVC, and I'll be playing with some track ideas over at xmodrc.com. I've designed a few, from 1/3rd mile to well over a mile and a half scale, I think smaller is better for now.

I'll be buying my second car pretty soon, then maybe a few more later on down the road. I won't have over 5 or 6, but I will have spares even if I need to scrap a new car for parts, or buy extra AWD sets for suspension spares. There's enough to keep me busy for the next few months.

I may butcher some bodies too. Those of you that remember Godzilla, my covertte project, or any of my Mustang body projects have seen the damage I can cause. But seriously, I have even scratch built ALS bodies for XMODS, and once I find the pics I'll upload them.

XMODS are not complicated, in stock form at least. I've been reading a lot of the "newbie" stuff again, sort of starting over. I'm amazed at how hard some can make a simple wheelbase change, and maybe I can help in that order since I've done quite a few. In any event, I think I'm back for good.

Built!!!!: Team Losi XXX-S with an HPI Saleen Mustang body. Yeah, time for some real R/C.

Team site: http://home.earthlink.net/~teamamg/
Old 01-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Xmod Expert

Send a message via MSN to RodsRUs Send a message via Yahoo to RodsRUs

Good homez we missed you and your ups mustane which you did a great job on!!
2300 mAh's power
Body lowered over chassis
-Custom 04 wide body mustang-Work In Progress
http://excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=15437
C-A-N-A-D-I-A-N-R-A-C-E-R
Old 01-17-2006, 09:31 PM
Elite member

Yeah, that UPS Mustang is about the only project I still have left. I don't used that body anymore, it's been retired along with the Whistler SCCA Mustang I did. I plan on doing some WRX Rally cars in the very near future.

Built!!!!: Team Losi XXX-S with an HPI Saleen Mustang body. Yeah, time for some real R/C.

Team site: http://home.earthlink.net/~teamamg/