Go Back   XmodSource.com > Mini & Micro > Mini & Micro Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 02-18-2010, 10:42 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampedekid View Post
Well got out and did a little snow bash earlier, after some had melted(needed some rocks to crawl and 16" covers those!) so enjoy these pictures, videos come tomorrow after I edit them. Definitely was fun. The only update since last time is the full interior. One wheel looks silver, well it was, that was just a test and I did like the color but I have to do it silver paint, so just covered it with sharpie for now, black sharpie

Action shot!
D'oh stuck!

Another action shot!

(by that i mean I was driving it, well I am for most of them but its a crawler, moves slow, hard to tell!)

You can see some of where I crawled!

And lastly, my new background!
There ya go!
Old 02-18-2010, 10:51 PM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

what i just noticed, is that your on BYT and ive never noticed it,
im rustler001 from byt
and what also wonders me is, would those wheels fit on a micro-t micro-t beadlocks would be awesome!
it really does look epic dude, if the wheels were a bit smaller, i'd think its a scaler

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 02-19-2010, 11:49 AM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrors4 View Post
what i just noticed, is that your on BYT and ive never noticed it,
im rustler001 from byt
and what also wonders me is, would those wheels fit on a micro-t micro-t beadlocks would be awesome!
it really does look epic dude, if the wheels were a bit smaller, i'd think its a scaler
Thanks man. And oh thats you? I knew those RC's look familiar, yup I've been on there since December 2007 Also they're not real beadlocks and they use a hex and pin instead of just the slotted wheel like the Micro T/DT uses. Also they are much larger than the Micro T/DT wheels. I am getting either some scale 44" or 49" or just some regular Super Swampers for it, saw a few running those and they love um. Thanks for the comment though. Its more of a trail rig, but I really enjoyed building it. First scratch build, first rock crawler, first time painting
Old 02-20-2010, 01:05 AM
is here

Did some messing around in photoshop because I figure may as well get some sponsors (hehe) and show off some nationality on my rig. So a lot of cutting, opacity changes and re sizing, had to find a picture that showed the rear windshield and this was the only one. Sorry for the large size but its hard to see otherwise, figured the rear window was too empty! What do you guys think?

But for those who insist, here is a smaller version

Hmm for some reason some pictures don't like to appear as an IMG on XMS but works fine on BYT and RCC, just click the link to see a higher resolution picture
Old 02-20-2010, 01:13 AM
retired xmodder

very nice, ur on RCC too?? lol i recently joined, cause my cousin got a crawler, and i have an uber secret lol(im addicted to crawling) lmao.. im mycrors7 on RCC
mycrors4 on URC, MTF, AEF, just incase we havnt met on those lol, you should really enter this in the open class comp, (if the rules allow it) it is 1/24, and it looks like a scaler to me lmao

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 02-20-2010, 01:18 AM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (0)

wow very nice truck . it didn't stuck on snow?
Old 02-25-2010, 06:50 PM
is here

Quote:
very nice, ur on RCC too?? lol i recently joined, cause my cousin got a crawler, and i have an uber secret lol(im addicted to crawling) lmao.. im mycrors7 on RCC
mycrors4 on URC, MTF, AEF, just incase we havnt met on those lol, you should really enter this in the open class comp, (if the rules allow it) it is 1/24, and it looks like a scaler to me lmao
lol thanks man, you're on BYT and RCC daaaang I could possibly, but its still a WIP getting some leaf springs for it soon(gonna make them, need some styrene to make the shackles though) I'll PM B1G or Donzii and see if I can. I did recently lower the front down(re-did the front shock mount) but it rubs too much on one side when turning(need smaller tires aka super swampers) and to get a better way to get that to stop rubbing. Plus leafs would look ultra realistic, there's been a few on RCC with leafs
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCrally View Post
wow very nice truck . it didn't stuck on snow?
Nope, only when the pack was near drained. The tires are very meaty, great for this stuff.
Old 04-10-2010, 03:30 PM
is here

I cannot take credit for the leaf springs, I got them from a friend on RCC he made 'em up for free, for me. Nice guy too. Anywho, enjoy!
Quote:
As requested by Krawlin through AIM(Happy Chris? lol) pictures of updates. A few nights ago tried the leaf setup, the first one but the wheels were nowhere near the wheel well, then tried another but didn't look realistic at all, just like the first one. Today re-did the entire rear setup, moved one of the cross members forward, puttied in the holes from when it ran shocks etc.. and mounted the axle with picture hanging wire(works great, then re-inforced it so the axle won't slide which is the 2nd setup from today. Had to shift the axle forward 1 or 2 mm so when it flexed it wouldn't rub as bad on the rear, plus sits a little lower at ride height. Going to cut away at the wheel well so when it flexes, it won't rub at all but that will be after the front leafs are mounted. Anyway, enough blabbing, onto the pictures.
Started like this a few nights ago

But..unfortunately it didn't line up with the wheel wells so went to this

Highly unrealistic here and the axle wasn't mounted yet
Now onto today...
First setup of today, axle slid a lil' too much on this setup and sat a little too high for my likings(yep going for as close as I can get to a real scale height this time around!)

To this

The wire may be a little sloppy, but this axle isn't moving any time soon

Enjoy!
-Ian
Old 04-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Elite member

I've never really cared for crawlers, but I really like this one.
But, then again I'm a big K.V.D. fan too.
Nice work!

Toyota, Moving Forward. Even if you push the breaks.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:35 AM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerpower View Post
I've never really cared for crawlers, but I really like this one.
But, then again I'm a big K.V.D. fan too.
Nice work!
Thanks! K.V.D. is good too, so why not do a rig like this? Plus I love to go fishing too.
Anyway unfortunately I have to spend money, I'm going to stick an HS55 in here only because I've gotta mount the servo up on the chassis(steering link rubs one of the front leafs[the one from the servo, not the servo horn but the small steering link]) and plus it'll clean up the look of it, get everything off that axle. Overall it looks good, expect to see some mock ups of the front axle tomorrow, until I can go to the LHS and get an HS55 or similar servo..
-Stay tuned!-
Ian
Old 04-11-2010, 12:10 PM
is here

Another update, guys. The post was directed at a member of another forum who has built a few, in respect to mounting the servo up on the chassis and the steering link but we got that sorted out on what I'm going to use so enjoy..
Quote:
Ah ok and what did you make your drag link out of? I'm thinking I'll use threaded rod but I'm curious of what others used in theirs.
Anyway small mock up of the leafs mounted up front, the wheels won't sit that far out this was strictly a mock up. Sits a little high up but it still needs room to flex so yeah..

can anyone spot the MS paint editing below? Photoshop is frozen so yeah..
Old 04-11-2010, 01:57 PM
retired xmodder

the paint editing is right there! in the spot over there on that thing! lol
it looks good!! i cant wait for the finished one

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 04-11-2010, 04:59 PM
is here

Quote:
the paint editing is right there! in the spot over there on that thing! lol
it looks good!! i cant wait for the finished one
Bahah you and a friend from Scale 4x4 said the same thing it was more-so to cover up a thing that one of my friends from BYT burns on me, for XD
But thanks, I can't wait for the finished one either! LOL
Old 04-11-2010, 05:36 PM
retired xmodder

lol.. time to go search on byt.. O.o

i have a question bout the dx2,
how is the range? cause some people say spekky has bad range when others say it has good range.. and im confused

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 04-12-2010, 11:07 PM
is here

Quote:
lol.. time to go search on byt.. O.o

i have a question bout the dx2,
how is the range? cause some people say spekky has bad range when others say it has good range.. and im confused
Its more than enough for my 55MPH Mini E-Revo, how's that sound? Naah but its a great Radio for the price. The ultimate test comes when I go to meet a fellow BYT'er this summer, he's got the Futaba 2PL 2.4GHz so it'll be a battle of Speky VS Futaba
Old 04-27-2010, 09:06 PM
is here

Pics didn't work on RCC not sure about Scale 4x4 so not gonna take a chance, heres the link to another thread on another forum I'm very active on(hopefully the mods don't mind) but enjoy it, took a long time to shoot all of those pictures and post them to the forum! expect more this coming weekend!
-Deleted the link-view the other post it works now!

Last edited by Stampedekid; 04-28-2010 at 07:13 PM..
Old 04-27-2010, 09:39 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

As I have stated previously, we do not necessarily mind links to alternate forums, we just ask that you please post the images here as well so we do not have to travel to a new forum/tab/window to view them. It's just a matter of quoting the post there, copying the [IMG] code and pasting it here. Please and thanks.

Cheers,
Kyle.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 04-28-2010, 07:13 PM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
As I have stated previously, we do not necessarily mind links to alternate forums, we just ask that you please post the images here as well so we do not have to travel to a new forum/tab/window to view them. It's just a matter of quoting the post there, copying the [IMG] code and pasting it here. Please and thanks.

Cheers,
Kyle.
I tried, but for here and 2 other forums, it showed up as the pictures being deleted, yet it works fine for BYT which confuses me... Let's try this again
Quote:
Well this past weekend was actually fun up at the camper. Got to run it, got video but that comes later. Made a little course for it up at my camper, the empty site next to us was great for trailing. Also has much better ground clearance now, lemme know what you think! Warning, lots of pics. Running leafs in the rear, and a 2 link(surprisingly works well and no play at all) with shocks in droop, up front
Other Site:

I do realize the cab and bed don't line up. I'll fix that soon enough

oops...

That was Day 1, on the course, the following day after the rain ended, I went out and gathered more rocks etc.. some weighing over 20lbs

you can tell by the wood color on the "bridge" that it had rained

the aftermath

Ground clearance over a D-Sized battery

unfortunately the interior had to be removed, as I couldn't get the electronics and all in, and still have the cab able to close. Also ran the 300mAh 2S LiPo from my BL Micro DT in it..enjoy!
Still have to re-paint/paint everything on the chassis..
Alright so it might have just been when I uploaded it, because it works fine now. Will delete the link, enjoy!
Old 06-23-2010, 09:22 AM
is here

New video from this past weekend. Need to get up the pics from this past weekend upstate too. Gotta love weighted front tires!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLrQqUbLoiQ
Old 06-24-2010, 10:03 AM
is here

I already posted the link here to the video but I quoted this from my post on RCC and its got the video in it soo....

Quote:
New video and some pics from this past weekend. Unfotunately my photobucket is filled and I don't have time to delete pics so these are the best of the pics I took. Since the last pics the link setup has been re-done, front tires weighted, axle has been moved forward a bit(still needs more, you'll see why) This little guy is coming with me to Canada in 4 days when I go to visit my friend from another forum, and help him with his Micro Explorer Scaler build. But anyway, onto the pics. The mirrors barely made it past the last time I updated this so they've been long since M.I.A.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLrQqUbLoiQ