Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2009, 09:43 PM
BIGredCORNfed

Trader Rating: (0)

Ummm thanks? I think that was directed at me lol. But... yeah... **** emmissions standards. But still in agreement I gotta say, the styling is intensely well done, and sticks very well to it's historical counter part. Especially the camaro. I feel like the front end of the new challenger might have been a little bulkier then it's classic form though.

Last edited by NE10GT; 07-29-2009 at 09:49 PM..
Old 12-07-2009, 11:33 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
there is a limit on what STREET LEGAL cars can have... anything STREET legal has to be under 400hp why do you think the charger, challenger mustang and the camaro are all 387 and under! dumb s**t
Idiot of the day goes to XMS NOOB 928 Shifty.

Find me the US law that states for a vehicle to be street legal it has to be under 400 hp. Besides ignoring the muscle car era where high-compression V8s with more liters than coke bottles in a fridge were commonly trying to plant 300-500 hp through bias-ply tires...

How come the Shelby GT500 is a 500+ HP car? What about the 505 HP Z06, or the 650 HP ZR1? What about the 550 HP Cadillac CTS V, or the 420 HP Camaro SS? What about the 640 hp LP640? The 600 hp Zonda? ****, the 1001 HP Veyron? The 420hp SRT8s? 500 hp Benz's. The 435 G8 GXP. The near 400 HP Evo 10 (in it's wildest trim). 600-700 HP Bently?

These are all factory cars with over 500 hp. There is no limit on horse power in the US. This is not the UK where custom built cars have to be approved by the transit authority. The US is the home of the "door slammers" class in drag racing where a car can have as much power as it wants as long as it can plant it on a certain size tire and still be able to pass inspection. NRE is a common producer of streetable 2000 hp twin turbo V8 classics. Not to mention the array of street legal Supras with 4 digit horse power numbers.

Before your fresh noob *** opens your mouth, go get your facts straight, mkay.

And none of this cop-out 'lets agree to disagree', as there are facts and ignorant lies. The latter needing to be debated.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 12-08-2009 at 12:00 AM..
Old 12-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Blade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Idiot of the day goes to XMS NOOB 928 Shifty.

Find me the US law that states for a vehicle to be street legal it has to be under 400 hp. Besides ignoring the muscle car era where high-compression V8s with more liters than coke bottles in a fridge were commonly trying to plant 300-500 hp through bias-ply tires...

How come the Shelby GT500 is a 500+ HP car? What about the 505 HP Z06, or the 650 HP ZR1? What about the 550 HP Cadillac CTS V, or the 420 HP Camaro SS? What about the 640 hp LP640? The 600 hp Zonda? ****, the 1001 HP Veyron? The 420hp SRT8s? 500 hp Benz's. The 435 G8 GXP. The near 400 HP Evo 10 (in it's wildest trim). 600-700 HP Bently?

These are all factory cars with over 500 hp. There is no limit on horse power in the US. This is not the UK where custom built cars have to be approved by the transit authority. The US is the home of the "door slammers" class in drag racing where a car can have as much power as it wants as long as it can plant it on a certain size tire and still be able to pass inspection. NRE is a common producer of streetable 2000 hp twin turbo V8 classics. Not to mention the array of street legal Supras with 4 digit horse power numbers.

Before your fresh noob *** opens your mouth, go get your facts straight, mkay.

And none of this cop-out 'lets agree to disagree', as there are facts and ignorant lies. The latter needing to be debated.
Hahahaha +1 Tex! That kid has no idea on what he is talking about.

I'll also bring in some stuff also, back and I mean waaaaay back. Like say the golden ages of the muscle cars, with the 10.5:1 / 11:1 compression ratios, those old big block chevs', rust bucket fords, and track slaughtering mopars, rolling the streets some of those had 400+ hp STOCK from the factory. They ran on LEADED fuel, on which my father used to chew on when he was in his crib as a baby!(Lead based paint that is!)

GET YOUR FACTS AND LEARN CARS!

Blade.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:08 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Amen for the lead-burning-polar-bear-annihilators

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 12-08-2009, 02:29 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

Ok. This is how you get your car street legal in the Louisiana, modified or not. "Blinkers"-Check "Headlights"-Check "Brake Lights"-Check "Reverse Lights"-Check "Windshield Wipers"-Check "Horn"-Check "Gas Cap"-Check...ZomG...I have an inspection sticker now! Yay.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Stage 1 member

Default Electric cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodkidd33 View Post
Just posted on my MySpace blog:

Electric cars!! The clean vehicle for the future! WRONG.

The big deal now is "Who will make the first feasible electric car?" Companies, don't waste your time. It may sound like a good idea, but trust me, it's not. Unless we can get solar panels to collect huge amounts (about 20x more than they do now.), the electric car's future is not that good.

Answer this: What makes the electricity to make these cars run? Power plants, burning coal and fossil fuels. Although we're eliminating the problem at the final stage, the car, the power plants just have to work that much harder to get more electricity out. It's only going to make the problem worse.

Companies, stop wasting resources (economical and natural) and focus on biodiesel and hydrogen-powered cars. The biodiesel cars are basically free, with small modifications to current engines. It's the best way to go for the future. Hydrogen isn't a bad idea, although it will still take money and time to actually make the hydrogen gas. GM, Toyota, Nissan, Ford, Dodge, Honda, and whatever other car companies out there, cut the crap. Get down to business.

Or you could always get a bike...
--
Lithium is mined and will eventually run out, hydrogen is the future, the only thing to come out the exhaust is water.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska_Ranger View Post
--
Lithium is mined and will eventually run out, hydrogen is the future, the only thing to come out the exhaust is water.
Mr. George W. Bush hit the nail on the head with that! Hydrogen is the way of the future. In a perfect world, my first car will be my only gasoline car. But hydrogen isnt financially feasible at this point in time. EREVs (Extended Range Electric Vehicles) will take us until that point in time. Sure, you plug it in, and it gets powered by the coal at the power plant, or the wind in a field hundreds of miles away, or the waves off Roosevelt Island, or the solar panels on your roof, BUT when the batteries reach 30% charge, the 1.4L turbo motor will charge the batteries. But its not likely that you will run the motor frequently because you dont travel more than 40 miles in day usually. But for that trip to Grandma's a few hundred miles away, the gas motor can charge the batteries while you're driving, and you can keep charging, dissipating, charging, dissipating, until you run out of gasoline. Maybe solar panels on the roof? Viva la Volt!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Besides the technology being very expensive, (which is why the EV1 was a LEASED experiment, they were far too expensive for production) it is also creating waste, just at another source. In theory to support a massive number of plug in cars (Hybrid, Series, or purely EV) the electrical infrastructure has to be beefed up as well. This means current coal burning plants will also increase out put. Oh noes, more coal belching... But of course many states are also still resistant to nuclear energy (clean, very efficient/powerful) so it's a slow going situation there.

The Volt works just like a Diesel/Electric train. The IC Engine is only there to charge the batteries. There is no turbo, there is no need. This 1.4 or what ever liter motor's only duty is to power a generator, at no point will it power the wheels directly. What does this mean? Well, as you know gas motors are only effective at a certain RPM range. This includes power, torque, as well as MPG. But, by nature of a normal transmission, your motor is rarely in this ideal range for very long, thus lots of efficiency lost. This is why CVT's have become popular, it keeps the motor at a set RPM where it's most effective, and adjusts the gearing to put that power to the wheels.

But, when you remove that link between the engine and the wheels, you solve all issues of running the gas motor outside it's optimum range. That's what makes the Volt special, and technically not a Hybrid, as it does not use the gas motor for propulsion.

Hydrogen suffers from price, packaging space, and safety at the moment. But thankfully hydrogen will burn in an internal combustion engine, so we get to keep our vroom vroom. But, another problem is electricity as it takes a lot of electricity to extract the hydrogen gas in electrolysis.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)

THANK YOU!!!! Finally somebody other than a member on gminsidenews.com that knows how the Volt works!!!

Yep, we get to keep the vroom vroom since it works in cumbustion engines. Or, maybe ahydrogen electric with speakers in the bumper, and as you drive along it screams "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!" (reference to thread form gminsidenews.com) or any other soundtrack of your choice.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

I am a member on there, and ecomodder as well (Back when I had the Firebird).