Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > Misc Electric
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 04-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Back from the bodyshop

Trader Rating: (1)

The good thing is though if it was the spur gear that got stripped they are normally 3 dollars. I stripped 3 in one week because where the engine was positioned. And didn't know what to do until the guy at the hobby shop saw me buy the same thing 3 times in one week and he told me what to do and it hasn't stripped yet.

http://www.nickgrant.co.uk/londontobrighton/013.gif
./_ _ _ ___ __\.
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
Old 04-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

Well, the plastic gear was lightly stripped so I just tightened up the mesh a little and it seems like it should be alright. Had to charge the battery so I can't try it yet.

What batteries do you guys recommend? It's got 1500mAh right now, which isn't so bad with the quick charger.

I went to cheapbatterypacks.com and built a 3000mAh 7 cell setup and it was going to run about $35. Is that a good price?

Since my charger can handle two at one time I am thinking about having 3-4 packs of batteries. Obviously I wouldn't run all of them in a row though, poor truck would catch on fire.

Edit: This should be fine after I change the connector, right?

LONG Ebay link

Edit again: I just found a GREAT deal on some batteries, TWO 4500 mAh 8.4v packs for $40. Hopefully it's still going on Friday, I might get two orders of them.. would do it now, but better hold off so the old lady doesn't kill me with how much I've already spent on a charger and the truck itself.

Last edited by ling427ttvette; 04-07-2009 at 11:52 PM..
Old 04-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Elite member

Just ordered those batteries. Earliest they should be here is by the 14th. Only got two for now, should be enough to hold me over since I have the one for it now also.

Did some body trimming as well, couldn't stand it that the tires rubbed the body at full compression on the front so that got taken care of. Also moved the shocks on the rear in a hole to give the rear a little more stiffness and adjusted the rear body mount up to the highest setting so there should be no more rub back there and it doesn't look like it's got 10,000lbs of weight in the back.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:57 AM
Thats what she said.

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to biggie862005

The slash is a great truck, I love mine. I got 2 4500mah 7 cell batteries on ebay for like 50 bucks. pretty good deal IMO.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:11 AM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)

very sexy. makes my rustler look like crap, even though i know i'd beat you in a race (i'm already brushless ). so yeah, i know it's waterproof and all, but i'm just curious how deep it can go before the water gets too heavy on it? do you think about 5-7 inches will be a big problem at all if i got one?
Old 04-21-2009, 07:40 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird999 View Post
very sexy. makes my rustler look like crap, even though i know i'd beat you in a race (i'm already brushless ). so yeah, i know it's waterproof and all, but i'm just curious how deep it can go before the water gets too heavy on it? do you think about 5-7 inches will be a big problem at all if i got one?
Not sure.. I seen a video of a guy practically submerse his and then drive it again.. but as far as how much it will withstand while driving I don't know.. I hit some good puddles with it and didn't phase it really.
Old 05-02-2009, 04:32 AM
Elite member

Figured I'd bump this one for a small update.. I was running the Tamiya style connectors.. ya know, the not so good ones? I just got done slapping on some Traxxas high current connectors and the gain in acceleration in top speed was VERY noticeable. And I still got atleast 15-20 min doing mostly top speed runs.

Also, I need to get some video.. found a great place to practice high speed cornering on pavement, with some dirt in the corner.. oh god is it FUN. I have a feeling I am going to burn my tires up real quick with this corner.

Maybe this will tide me over for now.. I was soooooo close to ordering brushless today it's not funny. I've got the itch so bad. But, rumor has it my g/f and mom might split the cost of a Mamba 5700 system for my upcoming birthday. (May 11) Oh god I hope so..

Also, anyone have a spare female high current connector, or the little gold piece you solder to the wire, the letter B piece? That's all I need really.. somehow the one I had got lost. Grr...

Oh btw, it's 3:30 in the morning and I was out running my R/C.. is that bad?
Old 05-05-2009, 09:27 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
Figured I'd bump this one for a small update.. I was running the Tamiya style connectors.. ya know, the not so good ones? I just got done slapping on some Traxxas high current connectors and the gain in acceleration in top speed was VERY noticeable. And I still got atleast 15-20 min doing mostly top speed runs.

Also, I need to get some video.. found a great place to practice high speed cornering on pavement, with some dirt in the corner.. oh god is it FUN. I have a feeling I am going to burn my tires up real quick with this corner.

Maybe this will tide me over for now.. I was soooooo close to ordering brushless today it's not funny. I've got the itch so bad. But, rumor has it my g/f and mom might split the cost of a Mamba 5700 system for my upcoming birthday. (May 11) Oh god I hope so..

Also, anyone have a spare female high current connector, or the little gold piece you solder to the wire, the letter B piece? That's all I need really.. somehow the one I had got lost. Grr...

Oh btw, it's 3:30 in the morning and I was out running my R/C.. is that bad?
I'd say save some money and get the Sidewinder 5700. The MM 5700 is higher priced because for experienced drivers and modelers it offers tuning ability. Also beware the 5700 will produce a great amount of heat. I would say either get the Sidewinder 4600 or Mamba 4600, will save you time, effort, and heats. Check out my new thread of my slash! Also if your spur gear is stripped, replace it, the stuff behind the spur is the slipper clutch assembly. Stock I accidentally drove it into a lake upstate and drove back out, with BL I waterproof it before I go water bashing but my ESC did give off some magic smoke yesterday. No problem though, was waterproofed too tight with too much heat.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Elite member

Well, I've had a few people tell me that information AFTER I ordered the 5700..

I'll definitely monitor my temps and see what happens. It seems if I stay in the 150 range which is still on the warm side, I should be good.

The guy at the hobby shop kept saying that I should use the ESC from the kit I ordered along with Traxxas's Velineon motor.. to be able to tune it perfectly, but the reliability of Traxxas with the motor and not having to worry about temps.