Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2010, 04:07 PM
XTC

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to 2FAST
Cool Projekt~Grand Sport~

I am working on making a Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport for my friend BumZ1. The project will be mostly cosmetic except for maybe a 5 cell upgrade. It will be white with black "Grand Sport" stripes and black rims. Like this but in WHITE not SILVER:

Well, enough talking, heres some pics:
Sanded:

First coat, still wet, and, yes, it was masked, didn't get any pics of it then, though:

Thanks,
2FAST
Yup. Xmods are like drugs, after that first hit you are hooked! Then there's the pink elephants riding rainbows, while spiders do your hair. Then there was that time the pig flew past my window, I never knew police wore purple spandex. Wait, what was I talking about?
Old 03-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (3)

Looks good, but a little thick (could just be because its wet in the photos). I suggest instead of trying to get complete coverage in one coat, shoot multiple thin coats. When doing a base coat I usually do anywhere from 3-6 light coats, depending on the color.

Edit: I seem to be getting quoted in more and more signatures. I don't know if I should consider this a good or bad thing
Old 03-06-2010, 04:39 PM
XTC

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to 2FAST
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlsatmoonlight View Post
Looks good, but a little thick (could just be because its wet in the photos). I suggest instead of trying to get complete coverage in one coat, shoot multiple thin coats. When doing a base coat I usually do anywhere from 3-6 light coats, depending on the color.

Edit: I seem to be getting quoted in more and more signatures. I don't know if I should consider this a good or bad thing
Thanks, It is actually pretty thick will probably sand it a bit then do a light coat. And yes you do have some funny quotes; it's a good thing. This was perfect cuz I was making Team XTC with my friend and *cough* XTC(Ecstacy) *cough*. We thought of the same reference of xmods as drugs lol.
Yup. Xmods are like drugs, after that first hit you are hooked! Then there's the pink elephants riding rainbows, while spiders do your hair. Then there was that time the pig flew past my window, I never knew police wore purple spandex. Wait, what was I talking about?