Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to stang_racer
Default blade cx2 heli

hey i was just wondering if anyone else here has one, seeing as though i just bought one hahahaha, and wow was i surprized at how hard thses things are to fly. i was at my buddys place and the heli started to get to high so i lowered the throttle and it came down pretty quick right above me and ened up smashing into my face then hitting the ground and taking out 3 blades and both inner and outter shafts, sucks quite a bit and then i found out that once i got home that the lower set of rotor wont pivot so now it cant steer either lol
Old 10-22-2008, 06:43 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Flying a helicopter can be a bit challenging the first time. Just remember that the best movement to ever make in any flying RC is a slow but accurate move. Any fast and sudden drop it airspeed, altitude or direction could spell disaster (as you have already found out.. ).

I've found the cheapest place to purchase replacement parts for any E-Flight helicopter is HobbyZone.com or HorizonHobby.com. Check them out and order a few sets of blades; you'll probably go through many of them as a beginner, I know I did, and extras are always a good thing.

Although I don't fly the E-Flight I do fly ESky Lama V3/Robbins22 and ESky Honey Bee King. I've also pair flown a T-Rex 450S with a club member.

Helicopters are a fun thing to get into. I hope you enjoyed your moments of airtime!

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 10-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Elite member

ya i did enjoy the few munites it was flying!!! how ever it still flyes but... when i go to take of there is now no steering and it trys to go forward and a little to the left so ya i have no idea whats broken on it now seeing as though nothing looks broken or bent, the servos just wont make the bottom blades pivot, but the intire shaft can woble back and forth so im pretty sure its gonna need more than 100 bucks, and the only thing with buying parts off a site for me is that i would need to put them in and i have no idea what it really needs.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:41 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid

My dad has one that has a ton of aluminum. They can be hard to fly at times. I'm gettin E-Flite's newest one the MCX, its almost as small as a Havoc Heli yet it performs easier than the CX and CX2. Congrats on the heli!
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH2200

EDIT: for the most part, unless you are getting aluminum, or it is totaled, repairs only cost under $50. I'd say find a hobby shop before you buy the wrong parts.

Last edited by Stampedekid; 10-22-2008 at 07:44 PM..
Old 10-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Elite member

oh ya those little mcx's are soooo crazy and fun, i tried one and if you hit the roof they just tumble to the ground and you go again their soooo much fun but i wanted something a bit more scale and hobbie grade like a bigger heli for me with not much time indoors and not much space one of those little guys just would plain get boring fast, now the cx2 takes more time to master and has some more weight to it so theres less of a chance of it blowing away
Old 10-22-2008, 08:03 PM
XMS Administrator

Try posing a few questions like these on a more E-Flight orientated forum like WattFlyer or RCGroups. Personally I do not own a E-Flight CX2 so I cannot really help you get er' fixed. As XmodsRacer1 mentioned, it'd be best to go to a local hobby shop and check out a few RC Flight Forums to figure out your problem. I'm sure the same exact situation has been discussed previously on those two forums.

Good luck.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:

Old 10-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Elite member

hell i wasnt really asking a question about the heli more i was asking a question to the forum of who else has one, but ill keep that in mind
Old 11-25-2008, 06:57 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (11)

question here. is a ef sabre r/c heli a good copter for 75bucks???
msrp. $150........its going to be on sale on "black friday"
Old 11-25-2008, 07:45 PM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura View Post
question here. is a ef sabre r/c heli a good copter for 75bucks???
msrp. $150........its going to be on sale on "black friday"
Link? Anyways Stangracer, I prefer minis because they can fly in smaller places. Now don't get me wrong, I want to get into RC gliders and Power Gliders(i.e. Parkzone Radian) but Minis can fly in smaller places and IMO are easier to learn on. Fixing them can be a pain though. That's why I'm gonna start with the 2CH's(have been for months) then go to a MCX then something better like Raptor 50, Trex 450, E-Flite Blade CP Pro, or E-Flite Blade 400 3D
Old 11-25-2008, 08:49 PM
Elite member

if you go to a blade cp pro or a blade 400 make sure you really know your stuff and have logged some 30 40 hours on a flight sim, for the past month while my helis been broken ive been going to the lhs to fly the sim there and just practice flying the cx2 and getting used to how they move and things like that, but just remeber what donzi said and im going to keep this in the back om my head at all times while flying now, is that a sudden movement can speel disaster and that slow and accurate moves are best!
Old 11-25-2008, 09:40 PM
XMS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_racer View Post
if you go to a blade cp pro or a blade 400 make sure you really know your stuff and have logged some 30 40 hours on a flight sim, for the past month while my helis been broken ive been going to the lhs to fly the sim there and just practice flying the cx2 and getting used to how they move and things like that, but just remeber what donzi said and im going to keep this in the back om my head at all times while flying now, is that a sudden movement can speel disaster and that slow and accurate moves are best!
Glad my advice helped.

Are you now some what capable of anticipating problems before they happen and correcting them before hand? That's the judgement of when to really move on to something more advanced.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:

Old 11-25-2008, 10:57 PM
is here

Quote:
That's not what I said. I have had over 10 days total on Sim time, Real Flight G4 and G4.5. I said I'd get some more experience with real RC heli's not just sim's. IDK if I'll even get into 3D helis since I like planes too but I am positive that I am getting the MCX since dad already has a nowhere near stock CX2 and I want a fully proportional heli not just a 2Ch heli. I also like planes so it's a tough decision and I has a lot more plane experience. Who knows, I could be happy with a MCX and not want something else and then get BL for the Slash. Sorry to jack your thread just saying that you read me wrong.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:59 PM
Elite member

yea ive been just playing with the sim lately and trying to do things and when it crashes ahahahha little red botton and its back upright and in the original place it was in when i started so imo flight sim is a must if buying your first heli besides a mxc because those are stupid easy to fly like its not even funny how easy they are, like the guys and me at the lhs have air wars with them some times that how good they are!

oh dont worry about jacking my thread i dont really care two ways about it this thread in my mind is for discusion about blades and other helis and your expeiciences with them!

Last edited by stang_racer; 11-25-2008 at 11:03 PM..
Old 11-25-2008, 11:09 PM
is here

Quote:
yea ive been just playing with the sim lately and trying to do things and when it crashes ahahahha little red botton and its back upright and in the original place it was in when i started so imo flight sim is a must if buying your first heli besides a mxc because those are stupid easy to fly like its not even funny how easy they are, like the guys and me at the lhs have air wars with them some times that how good they are!

oh dont worry about jacking my thread i dont really care two ways about it this thread in my mind is for discusion about blades and other helis and your expeiciences with them!
Ok good. I have come close to flying the MCX but when a guy who works there told us about it he said its more stable and easier to fly than the CX2 how the heli flies soo smooth. I known about it since Horizon Hobby first announced it, actually since E-Flite first announced it but that's besides the point. I don't own the full sim I just play the demo for now but every time I go to the LHS I always play and dad is gonna get it for both of us some time soon. I'm pretty good at hovering a plane and doing torque rolls. Helis, I am amazing IMO, fun to hover...upside down! Also I like to take the planes all the way up and then crash them head on into the ground lol.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:13 PM
Elite member

lol slightly pointless crashing them lol but doesnt matter hobbies are for fun and thats what planes and helies are, hobbies! but like i said the mxc is sooooo many tons of fun! and the thing ive seen break the most though is the landing gear!
Old 11-25-2008, 11:19 PM
is here

Quote:
lol slightly pointless crashing them lol but doesnt matter hobbies are for fun and thats what planes and helies are, hobbies! but like i said the mxc is sooooo many tons of fun! and the thing ive seen break the most though is the landing gear!
Really? And Nightflyyer from Youtube showed how to remove it, you just simply pop it off(he was putting the glow parts on). One of my friends from another forum who I also talk to on aim has some pretty good videos(and some not so good ones), here's his account.
http://www.youtube.com/user/mikeyjp