Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2008, 08:39 PM
is here

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Stampedekid Send a message via MSN to Stampedekid
Exclamation Things to Know about Exceed RC

I've been bored and looking through the threads. I see people asking about Exceed RC and NitroRCX.com. Sure they are fun but what happens when you break a part...you are screwed. Just letting all you wanting a bigger scale or more high performance RC, don't trust them because as I said before. Prices may look good but when something goes wrong..you are screwed. They aren't like XMODs, the break down and need replacing, trust me from experience with better RC's. Some of you may already know just wanted to give a heads up to people looking for a new, better RC. If you have any questions, state it in this thread or PM me.

Laters
Xmodracer1
Old 10-15-2008, 09:03 PM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to BulletsRain

Actually Exceed has an online website that offers every part to all the cars they sell. They can be ordered from this site. So you aren't screwed if something breaks. But the main RC brands, like Losi, and Traxxas and such, are better because most parts can be obtained from Hobby Stores, or ordering through hobby stores.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)

I have a Question about the EXCEED RC Drift Star. Umm like can i jus drive it besides it being a Drift car?
Old 10-15-2008, 09:30 PM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletsRain View Post
Actually Exceed has an online website that offers every part to all the cars they sell. They can be ordered from this site. So you aren't screwed if something breaks. But the main RC brands, like Losi, and Traxxas and such, are better because most parts can be obtained from Hobby Stores, or ordering through hobby stores.
Well only thing is that you then have to pay shipping and then wait for the replaced part. I'm just saying it is more worth it to spend the extra money on an on-brand company. Exceed and NitroRCX sell CEN cars, those are quality machines and my LHS stocks them and their parts so those are different.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:37 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmodracer1 View Post
Well only thing is that you then have to pay shipping and then wait for the replaced part. I'm just saying it is more worth it to spend the extra money on an on-brand company. Exceed and NitroRCX sell CEN cars, those are quality machines and my LHS stocks them and their parts so those are different.
Oh, I totally agree. I just thought you were saying your screwed, as in you wouldn't be able to get parts to fix it. I actually regret my purchase of the Exceed Hyperspeed because I would of found something I like a lot more if I would of looked around more, and actually went to the hobby store first. (Traxxas Slash)
Old 10-20-2008, 04:57 PM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletsRain View Post
Oh, I totally agree. I just thought you were saying your screwed, as in you wouldn't be able to get parts to fix it. I actually regret my purchase of the Exceed Hyperspeed because I would of found something I like a lot more if I would of looked around more, and actually went to the hobby store first. (Traxxas Slash)
The Slash is one of my favorite in my collection. My point exactly, you can find something better and then if it breaks, you can just go and get new parts.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Advance member

ok, so other than the fact that you have to order parts online and wait for them.....are the driftstars worth the 100 bucks?.....i mean is it better than an xmod and worth $100?
Old 01-29-2009, 12:06 PM
Advance member

op? anybody?
Old 01-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Elite member

It most likely will be better than an Xmod since I believe its 1/10th scale. Better electronics and stuff, and a lot better control.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Working Class Hero

Trader Rating: (32)
Send a message via MSN to TripleXmodder(akaXXX)

better in this situation is relative because most people get into xmods for the fun of nodding not particularly racing or for a hobby grade car. I wouldn't buy those junk cars anyway. Off brands are usually more trouble then they are worth.

XXX FREE modding Service: http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17800
PM me for a quote or any questions. HAPPY MODDING

100% Positive Itrader feedback http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/itrader.php?u=6901
Old 01-29-2009, 01:43 PM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

[QUOTE=TripleXmodder(akaXXX);. Off brands are usually more trouble then they are worth.[/QUOTE]

and end up scatterd throughout multiple parts boxes.........
Old 01-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Advance member

well i mean its only $100....and with the price of the gtr i have, plus the upgrades i must say my xmod cost more, and prolly not as good as the rcx.....
and the hpi e10 is basically twice as much $, and if i had the money for the e10 i might as well get the sprit 2 drift sport....im just wondering if the rcx drift star is worth the $100.....you think that the hpi bodies could fit these? the chasis looks similar to the e10

also, are there any other good 1/10 rc cars under $200 that you could suggest me look into? i just want to drift.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:54 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (4)

Kind of late but i would buy one.50% of the time your hobby store has to order your parts anyway.Think of it this way you have to order parts for your xmod or even if you had a mini z.The golden rule is buy the brand your hobby store carries. But if your like me and don't care about ordering then go for it.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:37 PM
is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosco72 View Post
Kind of late but i would buy one.50% of the time your hobby store has to order your parts anyway.Think of it this way you have to order parts for your xmod or even if you had a mini z.The golden rule is buy the brand your hobby store carries. But if your like me and don't care about ordering then go for it.
The only sites I will order from are trusted sites like Amainhobbies(never yet) because of their amazing prices, Stormerhobbies(also good prices) and Towerhobbies. I would stay away from Exceed because of the cheap layout. Sure the E10 may cost what seems like "a lot" but it is well worth it. Even from owning a Nitro, 2 brushless trucks, and many other electrics my friend got an E10 drift and man that thing was fun. Your best bet is to save for the E10, 94exa2. Sure it may cost more but it will be more worth it in the long run when parts begin to break and you may want to install a brushless system or a better motor, when the Exceed breaks, you will be un-satisfied with it, when the E10 breaks, you repair it with brand new parts and good customer service and knowing that you got a good RC that will last you a long time. Look at my Nitro Stampede or my Brushless Slash for example, I have owned the Slash since shortly after it was released and the Nitro Stampede has gallons of fuel through it and has broken some parts here and there but look at how they still make me happy(as well as my tons of other RC's) but if I had an Exceed or off brand RC, it would be in the garbage right now.