Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2009, 04:02 AM

Trader Rating: (15)
Send a message via AIM to Kaze
Default Project "XMS" GT-R: Part Duex

Another one of the projects out of my Summer 09' Project List is the "XMS" GT-R. For those of you who don't remember, AznKevin4eva had the original Project "XMS" GT-R. In a trade not too long ago, I picked up this GT-R, and a couple other things from Kevin. Initially, though it may not look like much, after a short period in time, the XMS Graffiti letters grew on me. i really appreciated the work done by kevin on this. I was half tempted to just leave it be, but seeing that this was my first GTR I had to do something.

True to my word, i carefully traced the XMS letters with a marker and tracing paper. I promised Kevin no matter what this new GT-R is in his honor and creativity. So With the traceouts, I created stencils, these stencils will be for the future paint job. Once done, I proceeded to sand the rest of the body, and started with some putty. Along with my Z, I sanded the GT-R tonight, so here's the project.

This GT-R's body kit, is inspired out of pro-street. Some of the design aspects will be incorporated into my project, but the kit you're about to see will NOT be the exact kit going onto this GT-R. The Airdam is just about the only certain thing... Enjoy

Those are my screen shots, below is my putty work thusfar

As you can see, I'm going to need to apply more to the both sides (the left especially), but the Airdam is taking shape. Color scheme might be that black on white, i think its going to be gloss black XMS letters on Pearl White GT-R... we'll see, Stay tuned....