Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale > August 08'-09' Build Off
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 01-09-2009, 07:22 PM
SPR

new head lights look a TON better! veryy nice.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via MSN to stang_racer

yea i have to agree with spr, i think the old ones looked fine but these go better with the signal lights right beside the headlights! loven the steering wheel too, and i see what you mean now on how it "clashed" with the rest of your interior. also like the red brakes, i heard a wise saying once and that is "never mess with a man when hes got painted brakes, cause you know he cares for his car!"
Old 01-09-2009, 08:47 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

New head lights look sweet dude.... my only comment and I'm sorry to keep doing this to you would be to tint them and the side lights a little, not full black or anything just a light coat with some spray tint to dull them a little....

Sucks about the fuel pump, sounds like you might have a whole in one of your lines, switch it out for some braided hoses....

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 01-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

i insptected every inch of fuel line on the truck, it's all brand new w/ no holes, and it would be hard not to find a leak w/ 14psi squirting out =P i wouldnt mind tinting the lights in the front, i wanna see what it all looks like w/ the black billet grille before i go further playing with the exterior styling, the only thing that deters me from doing that though is that these headlights are actually glass, not sure how well kandy smoke and clear would hold up on glass, especially being in front of the truck
Old 01-09-2009, 09:05 PM
Stage 2 member

Send a message via AIM to NETC_redd

oh thank the lord...new headlights.

don't tint the lights, doesn't getting new lights to see in the dark offset the idea of spraying them?

as for the fuel problem, i have no clue. lines are good, pump is good, i would almost say it's a power problem not getting enough power to the pump, so sometimes it doesn't get full power and therefore full psi?
'77 Chevy Corvette
Old 01-10-2009, 12:19 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

The only reason I say to tint them is because you are getting that black billet grille, I think with that installed the lights are going to be to blingy as you don't have a whole lot of chrome on the outside, like I said don't go crazy with the tint just a few coats is my suggestion.... I do get what your saying on them being glass though so maybe its just best to leave them as is...

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 01-10-2009, 07:15 PM
Xmod Expert

*Copycats Texan*

ruh roh, iWin =P

the lights flickering is me playing w/ the brights, the red lights are little courtesy light bulbs just bright enough to light up the casing, they come on with the ignition, the H4 bulbs overpower them as if they aren't there when i kick the headlights on, works out well...changed out the gauge bulbs with red ones as well, i'll post pics when i get my dash panel back from paint.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:07 PM
I got nothin...

wow that thing looks and sounds amazing!

New Forum Needing Members:
http://rcunited.tk/
Old 01-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Hey, get pics of the read lights when it's evening out, see how BA it looks.

And way better than those ghetto *** lights

I've ordered orange LEDs for the CST10s mini lights, hopefully they'll be more orange than amber. The amber peanut bulbs just look like dim horse and buggy lights, not orange.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 01-20-2009, 01:08 PM
Xmod Expert

evening pics of running lights for Tex:

I was playing around on ebay out of boredom and looked at everything they had for an 82-94 s10 blazer and came across an overhead console that looked pretty sweet; but, i didn't think they ever actually put them in hardbody blazers. i wound up researching it and found out that it came with the 94 (last year of the blazer's bodystyle) bravada and blazer w/ the tahoe trim package...sooooo...i picked it up...it's got 2 storage compartments, dome lighting, and a digital compass/thermometer.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:39 PM
SPR

heyy tahts pretty sweet! going to snow camo that as well?
Old 01-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Those are with the LEDs? Much better than mine. But that's why I picked up teh 5 LED bulb

Good running lights.

The centerconsole was the optional one on the S10-Blazer/Jimmy/Bravada. Came with the non sunroof equiped SUVs.. Though must'uve been after 94 that they added the driver's info center up there.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 01-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Xmod Expert

nah Tex, those are regular peanut bulbs still...i didn't get my LEDs in yet...hopefully they serve the purpose for my gauges, otherwise i'll be getting the X5's also. i guess that console doesnt come with the driver info center, according to a few websites they say that it did? but i don't see an LCD screen on the console. the tan part of that thing is going to be painted Super Ghetto Snow Camo SPR, i'm leaving the grey bits.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

It must have been another option for the over head, but it was there. We have it on the GMC, though we have the mini one because of the sun roof:

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...ent=mPGgmc.flv

Average speed, instant MPG, avg mpg, fuel range, temp and compass. Temp and Compass is all that you'd be able to use though, if you could find a thermometer for it.

Old 01-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Xmod Expert

played around with the speaker box a bit more, all i did was cut out the holes and set up the recess for the amp powering the subs...here's a mock up...

Bedliner...yummay

the part where the 6.5's are is going to fit directly between the fender wells while the front part which is housing the subs and wider is replacing the seats. the amp is going to be recessed as shown with tinted plexiglass covering, lit up with red strobes...another amp for the highs is going to be hidden under the amp rack, that area is also going to be used for wire junctions and terminations. originally i planned on covering this box with black vinyl, but i changed my mind and decided to wrap it w/ black carpet...it's easier to work with, covers more mistakes, and if it's good enough for my floor and tailgate cover, it's good enough for my speaker box =P
Old 01-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Your gonna need more NOS stickers to compensate for the extra weight.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:20 PM
XMS Moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

That is a nice set up you have built so far but one question why did you choose those subs.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Xmod Expert

i need that extra weight Tex, too much engine and not enough ***...

Clint, a while back i had a car stereo business and one of the warehouses i dealt with told me they had these "Competition" subs from a new brand called Volfenhag. i got bored and decided to order a pair, had them for about 4 years now, they weigh around 36 lbs each, handle 1k watts max, 500 rms, and sound nice and tight in a sealed box. i like a bunch of metal, so i didnt want subs rattling my tailgate off, just something w/ a punch.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:01 PM
XMS Moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

That is a good explaniton i don't blame you just wondering it looks good though can't wait to see it completed.I used to build a bunch of stereo systems in my vehicles and friends.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Xmod Expert

decided on some new speakers for the blazer, wound up getting a set of soundstream tweeters, 4x6's and 2 pairs of 6.5's...ill get pics when they come in...if you guys are ever interested in working on your sound system, onlinecarstereo.com is the cheapest place around.