Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2008, 05:46 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to torredo

Klassen wheels

CAI intake, Megan Racing DP, JapanParts valvecover, etc....

Just to bring the Civic to light and to defend the poor car....

Last edited by torredo; 06-01-2008 at 05:50 PM..
Old 06-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by torredo View Post
like i said....the numbers were impressive however, the USDM cars look like dog****, take the interior of that Cobalt....made me sick just looking at it, the ONLY thing good about it was the Brembo brakes....Done!
Because we all know the strong point of the skyline is it's interior? x 100.

If your worried about cop'n a feel of the dash, you don't need a performance car.

Your car is 260 hp, 240~ ft lb of torque right? Turbocharged and built engine?

You have now come around the numbers of my truck with 260 hp and 360 ft lb, from 38 years ago (with the largely underrated gross hp rating). Bring in a 38 year old truck, that can kill most everything imported (spend less then 3k total on a civic and line up with my truck), PRICELESS!!!

But, let's compare two cars of similar years, the last gen Camaro and a similar year Integra Type-R. Camaro has more power, more torque, better handling (slalom and skid pad G's), a 6 speed stick, proper RWD (unlike Ford, GM had a **** fine handling car with a solid axle), and I'd wager a better drag coefficient. Decent fuel mileage with mid 20s on the hwy.

And it costs less (new) then the Integra Type-R.

I've spent around 2.5K on my truck, won't break 3k total. If I were to fart around with the engine and a built tranny, more then likely no more then 3-4k in that department, my '69 CST/10 with a carburetted and pushrod V8 would walk all over your skyline on the strip. More time and money put into suspension and such, and have comparable handling to yours too. You can laugh, but you should see what a nice well built truck can do. So, for no more then 10-13k, max, I could have a comfortable, useful daily driver that I promise will get far more looks in the parking lot then a kitted up skyline and then walk all over it in performance.

How much so far has been spent on the sky?

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 06-01-2008 at 10:27 PM..
Old 06-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Xmod Expert

No my engine is not built!

RB25DET w/ECU swap on a GTST (lighter then R33's and GTR's)
Blitz BOV
APEXi power intake
SMIC (OEM)

If i were to build it....would far exceed the numbers 250HP/235TQ,
The RB25DET can achieve 800HP (which i have no intentions of going for) but am aiming for 320WHP at the most. Im not worried about huge numbers but rather all around performance which the Skyline offers from the get go.
Interior....atleasy it has a sporty feel to it unlike that "BOX" cobalt "Super****". Its more then just an engine or HP for that matter to me.

I have yet to see a USDM car that even looks good in my eyes! lol

keep ranting, i find it interesting to see.

Spent on the Skyline
11,900.00 for the car
9200.00 in total vehicle trade-in parts

My own spending:
Turbo timer 250.00
White face guage cluster 30.00 (from a member)
Boost guage & A/F guage 200.00
Suede boots for Shifter & E-brake 150.00
Short shifter & Razo 170g shift knob 220.00
Wiring and misc parts for interior approx 300.00

Total 22250.00 CDN

i think that wraps it up, and then the 300.00 EBC to bust the boost upto 12-15PSI until i get my hands on a steel internal turbo (not purchased yet, nor installed yet)

Some specs on my particular set up:

1989 Skyline GTST
RB25DET Turbocharged/SMIC
24V DOHC I6
5-Spd MT
HP: 250 OEM
TQ: 235 OEM
Curb vehicle weight: 1260 kg

Then add in even the ($300.00 Cdn) EBC i want soon, and boost it an additional:
5 PSI x 10HP = 50HP + 250 = 300HP
(Note: 12 PSI is maximum output on ceramic turbocharger)

Last edited by torredo; 06-01-2008 at 10:57 PM..
Old 06-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

hey man, at least this time you actually have a turbo for your boost gauge
Old 06-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Xmod Expert

once again, back at the retarded civic? lol

i had intentions of installing a S/C on it,....that failed cuz nobody made one, then i opted for a Turbo, then RedShift scrapped that idea, then i said F it and traded it.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:

Then add in even the EBC i want soon, and boost it an additional
5 PSI x 10HP = 50HP + 250 = 300HP
That must work exactly like the same math as your Civic right?

Quote:
so everyones gonna dis this thread eh....

Stock 140HP
Injen CAI +15HP
V-Force exhaust +5-10HP?

160-170HP Approx so far, and i still have a ways to go
as im looking into the stainless steel header and other
bolt ons before i slap a garret apon her.
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/autoc...ect-smoke.html

Maybe if I slapped a BAMF turbo on the Firebird... Totally like 700 LWHP right there right? Left wheel horse power because I don't have a posi of course..

So, spending upwards of 20k on a car... when I can spend even less on say, a Camaro (which already comes fresh with more then 300 hp with the good ol' LS1), and still walk on top the Skyline.

You sit and toss that car around this site like it is the end-it-all of everyone elses car... Like sweed with his sub-90 hp Civic

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 06-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Xmod Expert

http://redshift.informe.com/supercha...tml?highlight=
Old 06-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Xmod Expert

Texan,...why did you leave this out of that convo?

Quote:
Don't take this the wrong way, just trying to help inform you. I doubt you saw 15hp out of the CAI, more ike 4-6hp to the crank. Same with the exhaust. your probably making 150 to the crank at the most. my $.02

once you slap that garret on .....different story
Old 06-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Xmod Expert

why does that matter, you never got around to slapping a garret on it...

that and he posted the link to the entire thread =) how much more thorough do ya want?

Last edited by suicide_star; 06-01-2008 at 11:13 PM..
Old 06-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Xmod Expert

look...the Civic is gone, i got rid of it cuz i hated it, useless.
Same reason my friend got rid of his 07' Si Coupe, cost more then its worth to enhance performance at a Mid-range level.

I own a Skyline, he owns a 350z and were both happier then the whole Civic-scene. Torqueless and over-rated civics, and yes...i know its your wives car so thats just fine by me and i aint trashin on your civic in particular. Only that i wouldnt own another one in my lifetime.

so enough of my old civic i dont own.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:30 PM

$22k for an 18 year old car, you can almost buy a 08 subaru wrx for that, and its brand new, and only got about 25 less HP, buying a programmer can fix that.

plus Subies Rule

Last edited by Darty; 06-01-2008 at 11:33 PM..
Old 06-01-2008, 11:35 PM
Xmod Expert

*sigh*...

it depends on your point of view i guess...my truck has 297 hp and like 306 tq stock. the steering wheel is on the left side so nobody gets the impression that i'm delivering mail too..my tool box costed more than any mod you listed above (that actually came out of your pocket) what's there to brag about?
Old 06-01-2008, 11:35 PM
Xmod Expert

new cars do not interest me, besides that...ive wanted a Skyline for so many years now and finally got it. Ive been working hard on it getting it back to how it once was, simple things like courtesy lights, tail lights, etc to wrok (which i have now) and restore it back to new as possible (which the interior is pretty much done, the exterior is immaculate, etc...). So 22k+ for this car aint nothing considering most are completley trashed on. Ill spend more yet but this is my list as far as i will go on performance.

~ R34 SMIC conversion (+1 PSI increase over stock)
~ Steel headgasket
~ ARP studs
~ Steel internal turbo
~ Electronic boost controller @ 20+ PSI
~ Silicone vacuum lines complete system

about it really^
Old 06-01-2008, 11:36 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Torredo, this is the part where you say: to each his own I like my car and I'm happy with it.

Not comparing it to everything else with 4 wheels on the site. As we three can point out, we can find/build much faster cars for less then the Skyline GTS (which is the lowly base car if I remember right)

Old 06-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Xmod Expert

to each thier own eactly, i can agree^

however, the GTST...yes...is base i believe but i did it for that reason, weight savings and drop the motor from the newere R33's (RB25DET)
thing flies....but will get better yet!

but for you to keep coming back with your posts instigating ,then sum it up with this last post? hmm?
Old 06-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
to each thier own eactly, i can agree^

however, the GTST...yes...is base i believe but i did it for that reason, weight savings and drop the motor from the newere R33's (RB25DET)
thing flies....but will get better yet!

but for you to keep coming back with your posts instigating ,then sum it up with this last post? hmm?
We're dogging on you because you throw your car into every thread you can, and we're tired of it. You continuously instigated it in SS's thread, even after saying your self no more OT.

So, lay down your final words SS, and lets move on shall we?

Old 06-01-2008, 11:49 PM
Xmod Expert

last words...k...here they go...

you got a base model skyline for weight savings?

just like you got an R18 for fuel economy? you said in your civic threads that you rather your R18 because of gas prices and because the SI ran off of 93 octane...now gas is even higher and you're bragging about how your Sky runs off of 93?

it looks to me the only reason you came up with lame *** excuses on 8th civic is because you didnt have an SI...just like you're trying to justify your base model skyline with BS reasons...if you can't hang with the cool kids, whether it's skyline enthusiasts, or civic enthusiasts, why come up with lame *** excuses and dog everybody elses stuff just because it's not what YOU own? im done...*love*
Old 06-01-2008, 11:51 PM
Xmod Expert

sigh....****!

the civic ECO crap was because we bought a house at that time so yea...fuel did matter, as for the Sky....i did buy it cuz its lighter in weight what is your point?

and i never wanted the Si which im sure i stated MANY times, not because of fuel mileage either?
Old 06-01-2008, 11:59 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Totally left turn GO!

Audi is going to use Biodiesel in the 24 hours of LeMans

Quote:
In the world of alternative power, not all fuels are created equal. This fact is true with ethanol, where the alcohol can be made using fairly inefficient processes, some of which involve corn, or using more advanced cellulosic methods which do not use a foodstock. Diesel too can come from either petroleum or from non-dino sources. You're probably aware that Audi has been assaulting various race tracks using its advanced diesel powered race cars, specifically its two-time Le Mans-winning R10 TDI, which has so far been running on what is known as gas-to-liquid (GTL) diesel fuel. With the 24 Hours of Le Mans just around the corner, Audi and Shell, the fuel provider for Audi's race team, have announced that the team will be blending a small amount of biomass-to-liquid (BTL) fuel into its secret mixture. Shell's BTL fuel is made from materials such as wood chips and will make its on-track debut on Sunday, June 1, as Audi's R10 TDI begins its official Le Mans testing.
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/05/31/a...he-first-time/

Old 06-02-2008, 12:39 AM
Surgeon

Quote:
of

Geo Metro....I doubt youll catch a Skyline with 800HP or an RB26DETT with 1300HP, lets hit the track and ill almost guarantee your Geo will be in the ditch where it belongs. But ill bet my *** that you cant even produce the 250HP/235TQ out of that ****box! bwhahahahaahah
Lol, look below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post

lol...warp speed captain?

pfft...like surg said, you can always make car A faster than car B with the right engineering and/or boltons
to handle the situation, I would put a 1500 escalade motor in the 300 metro. Probably make a ridiculously faster car for about 5k or less. Put that against your parts pricing and it isn't as good of a deal.