Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2009, 01:16 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendallcschm View Post
lol.. honestly i don't give a **** what they say... im getting an 05 stang and its gonna make crap MPG... lol... but IDC im driving it until the kn ock me out and rip the keys from my hands... im not giving up a sweet ride for some hybrid BS.... but thats just me
Uhm... if your goal is to pollute, then you've picked the wrong car.

The whole mass air flow sensors, electronic fuel injection, engine control unit, charcoal filters, catch canisters, catalytic converters, 02 sensors, AIR injection, EPA mandates, emissions tests...

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 06-17-2009 at 01:20 AM..
Old 06-25-2009, 01:47 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

http://jalopnik.com/5301109/tesla-ge...-federal-loans

Ford, Nissan, and Tesla, all being spoon fed by the US Government... Yay.

Also strange how Tesla, an electric car company got their full asking price with little effort. While GM and Chrysler have had to go threw bankruptcy to continue life support...

Favoritism and failed economic logic don't go a long way...

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 06-25-2009, 02:00 AM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
http://jalopnik.com/5301109/tesla-ge...-federal-loans

Ford, Nissan, and Tesla, all being spoon fed by the US Government... Yay.

Also strange how Tesla, an electric car company got their full asking price with little effort. While GM and Chrysler have had to go threw bankruptcy to continue life support...

Favoritism and failed economic logic don't go a long way...
A-men. Why are we supporting a Japanese company anyways? Tesla is waaaaaaay too expensive for the average joe, and Ford... They're okay. And remember, since the deal its FIAT not CHRYSLER. All that shall remain of the former Chysler will be the Ram, Town and country, Challenger, and Charger (for the police), and maybe some Jeeps, like the Wrangler. The rest will be re-badged Fiats.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:06 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

That's fine, the rest of Chrysler is crap anyways. They have nothing competitive in the market besides the Ram, Vans, and Wrangler. The LX cars are aging (300, Charger, and the former Magnum). The Challenger can't keep pace with the Mustang and Camaro, performance wise.

Fiat actually has attractive offerings. And we get the Fiat 500!

Sadly though, Fiat is not known to be reliable in Europe (according to Europeans) and Crysler does not need any more low quality products.

Ford's case is just irony. Ford themselves, and their fans have stood by the fact that they haven't taken any money, and gave fuel to Ford fans to attack GM... With that news, Ford is on the same road.

Oh, and the people who legally get the 1st dibs on the bankrupt assets (Creditors, etc) have been royally screwed by the Auto-Task-Force and the Prez. They give the blood-sucking UAW a far better return on investment than the actual investors and creditors.

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 06-25-2009 at 02:10 AM..
Old 07-27-2009, 06:10 PM
The Original S.S.

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to SUPERSHELBY Send a message via Yahoo to SUPERSHELBY

i doubt anyone on this site likes the prius (yes the toyota) so um......anyone up for some prius jokes? lol

Old 07-27-2009, 11:58 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

I am only a fan of two Priuses (Prii?), and that's the one I've dubbed black-metal-prius, as he rolls by blaring metal music, and the car is black... And "A-Strolling-Player" of Jalopnik... Because he took it drag racing during the 24 hours of Lemons/B.A.B.E. Rally face off.

But, go on.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:55 AM
The Original S.S.

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to SUPERSHELBY Send a message via Yahoo to SUPERSHELBY

alrighty...

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Mustangs have street cred
But prius's are poo

Old 07-28-2009, 01:59 AM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)

I am not a fan of any Prius. The new Prius looks SUPER UGLY. The only good thing about it is the lack of drag. If you turn it into a drag racer you wouldn't have to do anything for the aerodynamics.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:17 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

There is one guy who gutted a Honda Insight, and dropped in a turbo K motor. Taking advantage of the Insight's aerodynamic body.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:29 AM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

Quote:
There is one guy who gutted a Honda Insight, and dropped in a turbo K motor. Taking advantage of the Insight's aerodynamic body.
wow, thats beastly! lol i wanna make a drag geo metro, put a nice chevy ls8 in it

lol edit texan was right i was tired and stupied, lol i ment ls9 my bad, imma d/a lol

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants

Last edited by winner; 07-29-2009 at 06:11 PM..
Old 07-29-2009, 04:56 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Ls1 Ls 2 Ls3 Ls 7 Ls9 lsa?
Old 07-29-2009, 07:53 PM
BIGredCORNfed

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
The Challenger can't keep pace with the Mustang and Camaro, performance wise.
I suppose to some extent that is true, but this problem lies in the fact that the Mustang's v8 tier (the GT) is FAR more accesible to the everyman than the very high priced Challenger SRT8, I suppose the Challenger will remain an unsung hero due to the fact it's been classified as "Luxury muscle" OH WELL that's just my 2 cents on the matter.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

How is it a luxury muscle? It's interior is no better than a PT Cruiser. The Mustang and Camaro exceed the SRT8, in their mild performance models, in every way. "Luxury" included. Hell, Dodge even manages to ruin the transission, which is identical to the Camaro. It goes from a solid, notchy, and short throwing beast from the Camaro to yet another sloppy, long throwing, numb shifting Chrysler product. How they managed to mess up the Tremec's shifter is beyond me. Not to mention they sold the SRT8, auto only at first. That's BLASPHEMY!

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 07-29-2009 at 08:32 PM..
Old 07-29-2009, 08:48 PM
BIGredCORNfed

Quote:
How is it a luxury muscle? It's interior is no better than a PT Cruiser. The Mustang and Camaro exceed the SRT8, in their mild performance models, in every way. "Luxury" included. Hell, Dodge even manages to ruin the transission, which is identical to the Camaro. It goes from a solid, notchy, and short throwing beast from the Camaro to yet another sloppy, long throwing, numb shifting Chrysler product. How they managed to mess up the Tremec's shifter is beyond me. Not to mention they sold the SRT8, auto only at first. That's BLASPHEMY!
That's how I've seen it classified, but you're right perhaps that only applied to the older model... before it was bastardized into an automatic... sorry I suppose I misspoke :P I withdraw my 2 cents. but however I do replace it with the fact that a 6.1 liter hemi should not be argued with lol.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

I've never seen it as luxury muscle. It's just expensive, and grossly over weight. That Hemi can't run when it's dragging so much lard!

On a side note, the mustang returns to nascar in the form of awkward looking stickers!

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 07-29-2009 at 09:20 PM..
Old 07-29-2009, 09:19 PM
BIGredCORNfed

Meh, maybe it's just the source's choice to give it that distinction... or perhaps it has something to do with production numbers... at any rate... as much as I like the challenger, it does have a lot of downfalls that need addressing, thanks for pointing that out and bursting my bubble lol... although I could probably argue against this "nu-muscle" thing they've been doing anyways

Edit: You think the stickers are the only thing on that that looks awkward? lol

Last edited by NE10GT; 07-29-2009 at 09:22 PM..
Old 07-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Feel free to argue your points, so long as it has some reason to it. Not the "OMFG VTECH Y0" sort of stuff.

Rant on "Nu Muscle" if you please.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:25 PM
BIGredCORNfed

Personally I think many of the things about "Nu-muscle" just don't strike me as right. The biggest of which being the 4 door charger... WTF happened there... did they put Opie on that project or something? Second... the thing I like about old muscle, such as my dad's '66 Pontiac Catalina 2+2, is looking under the hood, and seeing how basic it is in comparison to say a 2010 Mustang or 2009 Challenger, the fact that an engine that simple can put out so much power has always been the turn on for me.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:31 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Pontiac G8 is closer to luxury muscle.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

I like you kid, you know that?

While the good old dirt simplicity cannot be brought back (Blame emissions and safety regulations), I do dig the radical stylings of the Camaro, Mustang, and even the very fat looking Challenger (it's just the bitch of the 3, sadly). I agree, the Charger name plate could have been done different (Coronet anyone?), but to some extent, at least in SRT8 trim, it did do the muscle car idea pretty proud.

Once subtle family sedans, stuffed with high powered V8s, and setup to go fast.

Oh, and viva la simplistic horse power! Stock, my truck had 260hp and 355 ft lb of torque. That's before the cam, and headers, and carb work.