Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via AIM to monsterhunter
Default Monsters new toy!

Well guys, i am going to be picking this truck up on saturday for 400 bucks, and its gonna be my new toy. its a Red 1993 dodge Dakota 5 speed V6 2wd. its got 217,000 on the OD and doesn't run right now but the tires are like brand new. after looking at it me and my dad figured out that it seems the injectors are not opening and we looked that the harness and its all spliced and tattered. so we are going to order a new one through dodge after we pick it up next week and hopefully it'll fix it. it turns over and is getting fuel to the motor. but the motor will not start. The truck is a little rough on the out side. but clean on the inside and engine bay. also its got a little sound system in it as well. i'm basically buying this truck to get the practice i need with driving a stick shift car. then i have a lot of plans for it in the future. Heres some pics of the truck.

Last edited by monsterhunter; 04-25-2010 at 04:45 PM..
Old 04-25-2010, 04:41 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner

haha glad to see you got it lol its no ford, but it'll do =P lol jk

but glad to see you have another project
Old 04-25-2010, 05:50 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by winner View Post
haha glad to see you got it lol its no ford, but it'll do =P lol jk

but glad to see you have another project
Yeah thank God for that! LOL j/k
Old 04-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Elite member

Lol really winner? those are the only comments you can think of? really? lol just messin with ya but thanks, itll be a quick one. or at least it better be.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Elite member

Well after a long Saturday and 2 accidents one not our fault one was only us. the truck arrived at my house today. we have figured out that the ECU is bad and will be getting a new one. heres the pics i shall start with Saturday.
Well we start with the kia that hit the blinker on the trailer he came up the shoulder as we were turning right, and hit us, not our fault no damage to us where he is is where he hit us.

ok so all that out of the way go the mile and a half to get the truck yay all loaded up and we are ready to go.

Alright now heres the really bad part. 15-20 minutes later getting on to I295 north to go home, the trailer starts to sway, we slow down it gets worse and then my dad punches it hoping itll work, nothing getting worse. so we have no choice lock em up locked we slide one way then the next then right into a barrier on a bridge ill let the pictures speak before more being said.

The front end hit the wall first then the truck rear came around and hit, then the trailer. when the trailer hit the wall the force of my dakota kept it going and the back too straps snapped and the bumper hit the top rail on the bridge and came to rest where it is in the one picture. it punctured the right rear tire, and the bumpers got a ding, no damage really.

got bored while waiting for the second tow truck.
and heres the trailer on the wrecker since it wwas impounded due to the owner(dad borrowed it from a friend) didnt have the registration up to date.

so well now i got the truck home came home from seeing a family member. and we started to play around with it. and found theres power to the ECu and every thing else so we took it off and opened it up, i dont think its gonna work again. i think its fried but im not sure any ideas?

and now heres the truck. its not too bad ill let the pics speak for them self.

And in the end of it all im just lucky to be here right now, since we didnt roll, and thats what usually happens when this kind of stuff happenes. so yea enjoy more to come later.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Elite member

Send a message via AIM to greenday Send a message via Yahoo to greenday

wow you had your fair share of bad luck getting that thing home! Pretty nice though, wish I could come by something along those lines. I say with some cleaning you could have it looking new again...doesn't look to be in all that bad of shape...and you can't beat that price. ECU looks torched, and I don't have a clue about them. Ought to be pretty neat once you get it all worked out!
Old 05-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (5)

hmm....should have put hazards on and let off the throttle until it straightend out, the truck look alright though.

The Monster Mustang - Link

1955 Chevrolet Bel Air - Link

Old 05-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckerz View Post
hmm....should have put hazards on and let off the throttle until it straightend out, the truck look alright though.
once my dad let off it just got worse. haha it was really odd we need to tow with a bigger truck lol. but yea my trucks fine really. the back rims kinda bent alittle, and the bumper but nothing major. itll live, and should be running really soon, and i hope the ECU swap works my audis got a crack in the oil pan.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckerz View Post
It's counter intuitive, but putting the pedal down can straighten a trailer out. One time my dad was towing with his El Camino, when the trailer started trying out running the truck down hill. His friend said PUNCH IT, and that ol' 305 gasped for air and started pulling. Sure enough, pulled everything back straight. Also, you can't bother using your hands to hit the hazards while steering a vehicle to keep control.

Also, that thing is cursed. Run, RUN WHILE YOU'RE ALIVE. Call up LKQ for that ECU, if you have one near you.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
It's counter intuitive, but putting the pedal down can straighten a trailer out. One time my dad was towing with his El Camino, when the trailer started trying out running the truck down hill. His friend said PUNCH IT, and that ol' 305 gasped for air and started pulling. Sure enough, pulled everything back straight. Also, you can't bother using your hands to hit the hazards while steering a vehicle to keep control.

Also, that thing is cursed. Run, RUN WHILE YOU'RE ALIVE. Call up LKQ for that ECU, if you have one near you.
yea the punching it did nothing, just my luck oh well dads trucks in the shop under insurance. as for the ECU its going to need to be re-flashed from what im hearing, and idk what that means or where to get that done. any one have any clues?
Old 05-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Tacoma on M/T's????

so it looks like the truck ended costing a little more than 400..... but its really lucky you dodnt flip..... nice looking truck for the mileage
Old 05-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Stage 2 member

good start!

Dream Car : Rx-7 !!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96SVT281 View Post
so it looks like the truck ended costing a little more than 400..... but its really lucky you dodnt flip..... nice looking truck for the mileage
yea its not too bad. has dents here and there usual stuff. the paints also starting to peel too roof and hood. but im going to be painting it dark blue in a month or so so im not worried about it.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Elite member

Well ECU went in changed nothing getting power everywhere. so we checked the CPS(crank position sensor) reading 596 ohms looks like its time to replace get the part tomorrow hopefully it will fix this thing.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Elite member

Well Replaced the CPS today, and still nothing, still no spark or fuel. time to get cracking into the motor and see if the timing is out. if that is its gonna be some front motor work to the timing chain and then go from there.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:05 PM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

were is the crank sensor located that you check? By the way ohms sucks for checking components.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Elite member

The CPS i checked, is the one on the back of the motor. and yea ohms is not the best. but what other way was there to test it since the truck doesnt run? as for the other crap. we are going to be working from splice to splice, tarting at the ignition to see whats getting power and what is not, and if anything is shorting or grounding when its not suppose to since the timing was actually spot on.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:03 PM
Elite member

Well every one. did alittle more work on it today and ITS ALIVE! dont know what the problem is ran some wires where a relay was and it ran.

and then a video it actually sounds really good with the dual exit exhaust.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:46 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (1)

Your right doesn't sound bad for a V6 with dual exhaust. Glad you finally got it running.

TEAM XI
Old 05-16-2010, 02:11 PM
Elite member

thanks. its pretty nice system too. except the hanger broke on the rear so when you stop or turn off the truck it rattles , kinda annoying. but this is gonna be my new DD as of Thursday/Wednesday.