Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > Misc Electric
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 03-31-2009, 07:07 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)
Default Floyd's Propulse, Mini-T and other RC Thread

so i am recently laid off and way too much free time so...

My 3 Propulse...

The Freebie...dual motors, rear wheel drive, 8 shocks, dirt tread wheels, body enhancements?...also came with ribbed wheels, road wheels, stock wheels, and all the other upgrade kits...

The Buggy...truck bumper kit, 6 shocks, buggy front wheels, truck rear wheels reversed...i find its more traction...truck decals,sponsor decals...the car that i thought would be the weakest has by far taken the worst beating...and has outlasted many of my other trucks...

The...um...(toyota) T-100...alloy shocks...have 2 high speed motors to be installed, dirt tread wheels, buggy decals, off road light decals...for fun...and we have the truck that i had the biggest plans for, has seen few uses and is dead... ...wheels will turn L&R but will not go forward or reverse...so what is wrong with it and how can i fix it...thanks

following 2 RC were received in exchange from LOSI after i returned their garbage mLST2...

My Mini Baja...so excited to get...SO dissappointed...i used it twice...1st time super short run time...2nd time...i have to tap it with my foot to get it to move...what am i doing wrong with these things???...i just want to race without the frustration...

...and the MINI-T...started with a few small hop-ups...GPM racing mad absher rear tires, triple edge front tires, RPM revolver black wkeels, RPM wide front bumper, BBB polyamide wheels bearings...i want to do so much more but dont want to put a bunch of $ into it and have it not work correctly...

...anyways input is always welcome...problemsolving suggeestions also welcome...hop-up ideas...motors, suspension, batteries...whatever...as always thanks for lookin

Team X.I.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:23 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (0)

With the pro-pulse it sounds like you fried the esc a new one should fix that and with the mini baja try putting in a new motor my motor went out in mini-t after 2-3 uses I know the mini baja comes with a different motor thats better but, it never hurts to try.
If you don't mind me asking where did you get a free pro-pulse?

Last edited by kungpow420; 03-31-2009 at 08:25 PM..
Old 03-31-2009, 08:36 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

for your mini baja, you may have to calibrate the controller to the ESC...if you have the instructions, it tells you how to do it. in all honesty, that mini baja esc is a royal pain in the *** to get working right.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:20 PM
RC CRAWLING ADDICT!

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to amorton94 Send a message via Skype™ to amorton94

With the 2 losi's I've had experience with, the MRC has good electronics, and the Micro-Baja.....well.....it sucks cheeks. I will not buy another Losi for high speed purposes. But I will continue to buy their crawlers. I would like to get a Propulse, and go crazy on it. I think your problem with the Losi Baja is that, it's a Losi Baja... But nice little collection you got there.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:54 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungpow420 View Post
With the pro-pulse it sounds like you fried the esc a new one should fix that and with the mini baja try putting in a new motor my motor went out in mini-t after 2-3 uses I know the mini baja comes with a different motor thats better but, it never hurts to try.
If you don't mind me asking where did you get a free pro-pulse?
cool thanks for the advice...i will look into that...freebie was from a rs buddy...ebay has some crazy deals right now if you are looking for one...hell i might get another

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide_star View Post
for your mini baja, you may have to calibrate the controller to the ESC...if you have the instructions, it tells you how to do it. in all honesty, that mini baja esc is a royal pain in the *** to get working right.
i thought that might be the problem...i will give it another poke after the weekend...thanks for the input

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorton94 View Post
With the 2 losi's I've had experience with, the MRC has good electronics, and the Micro-Baja.....well.....it sucks cheeks. I will not buy another Losi for high speed purposes. But I will continue to buy their crawlers. I would like to get a Propulse, and go crazy on it. I think your problem with the Losi Baja is that, it's a Losi Baja... But nice little collection you got there.
yeah the baja is driving me crazy...might have to eventually ship the losi crap back to them and try yet again...sooner or later i want to get a crawler...lots of lava/rocks in the yard...but might be going with axial instead...thanks

Team X.I.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (8)

Thats weird your mini-baja is acting up, I havent had any problems with mine. I think you should try switching your freq. I had a similar issue and i quickly resolved it with a couple presses of the freq. button as i think there was interferance near my house. I would deffinetly recommend getting a li-po, it makes a huge difference. The stock nimh gave me about 15-20 min and my 1250mah lipo gives me around 45 min to an hour.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:05 PM
dirtlover/moderator

thanks for the feedback i will give that a try...

ok so the weather has finally let up a bit around here so i figured i would give posting a vid a try...its a lil dusty, my skills are a lil rusty, stationary camera so you cant see the whole track (pics to follow), hope you like...

...going to try for better vids if i can get the mrs. too play camera man...er...woman...

Team X.I.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:25 PM
dirtlover/moderator

track picks when things were first being set-up, sorry for the shadows...

tabletop/tunnel of terror...

old growth log jump...

wall of doom...

the stunts...

Team X.I.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:55 PM
RC CRAWLING ADDICT!

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via MSN to amorton94 Send a message via Skype™ to amorton94

What's your address again? Looks awesome. Do you really like that propulse? I was looking at getting a RC18 and from my understanding, they're identical. But that's a sweet track you have there. I've tried to make some tracks. I end up giving in and just driving around.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:57 PM
dirtlover/moderator

thanks sometimes i think i like track building as much as racing around...and for what i paid for the propulse and upgrades i feel they were well worth it...would love to get one of the better, pricier RCs but for now i gotta make these work

Team X.I.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:46 PM
The N00B who isn't

Trader Rating: (0)

Wow! That's a cool track.