Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2007, 01:08 AM
Cloud 9

Trader Rating: (8)

That looks pretty clean. I have always wanted a Corvette.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:16 AM
The Original S.S.

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to SUPERSHELBY Send a message via Yahoo to SUPERSHELBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrkt View Post
we will see what it will do............when the NISMO edition Skyline GT-R comes out next year.
Considering that the new skyline already owns the vette and several other "Supercars" on the ring.

But it is nice looking.................for a vette.
if the vette doesnt do it this **** sure will...(and no im not sayin that cuz "shelby" is in the name )

Old 10-23-2007, 01:25 AM

Trader Rating: (7)
Send a message via MSN to THE EDJ

I was under the impression this version of the corvette was going to be called the SS, not ZR1, but either way, who cares. It's gonna be bloody friggin fast. I'd smoke it's tires.

My for sale thread: NEW!! Check out recent discounts and special offers!
THE EDJ'S FOR SALE THREAD
Old 10-23-2007, 01:28 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

hopefully the interior will be nicer than pass corvettes, i heard their not the snazziest things

Old 10-23-2007, 03:53 PM

Skylines don't "own" anything, ever. Of corse any car with 2 turbos will be fast. ppfh... I hate skyline lovers.

It will defiantly look different than the current Z06, look at the spoiler, and the vents in the fender. Although they are taped up you can kinda make out their shape.

Its like the 70's again, Ill make one faster than yooooou! But bumped up a couple hundred notches
Old 10-23-2007, 04:25 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EDJ View Post
I was under the impression this version of the corvette was going to be called the SS, not ZR1, but either way, who cares. It's gonna be bloody friggin fast. I'd smoke it's tires.
Eh, It has been through many name changes, but none were officially official. Chevy released that is is finally the ZR1, a call back the the C4 ZR1 which was the very top-end Vette for its time. A DOHC Lotus developed 5.7L LT5 made some 400 hp. And this was coming after the horrible late 70s-80s malaise era.

Again, the changes to the car are just so far functional changes. Nothing cosmetic has been changed, yet. GM has kept tight lips about it (thankfully, makes for a better suprise IMO when it gets unvieled).

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 10-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Xmod Expert

More pics at DC (Digital Corvettes). No need to register!

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...d.php?p=965284
Old 10-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygreen23 View Post
Skylines don't "own" anything, ever. Of corse any car with 2 turbos will be fast. ppfh... I hate skyline lovers.

Two turbos on a geo prism still wouldn't be fast. If you have a problem with forced induction then you probably don't like this edition of the vette that is supercharged do you?

Does look like it has about the same specs as the baseline gtr. I wonder how they will compare on price.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Xmod Expert

Boys boy boys... Even though the thread title is kind of assuming, please don't turn this into another one of those tuner vs. domestics threads. If you do, this thread will eventually be shut down...
Old 10-23-2007, 05:49 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post
Does look like it has about the same specs as the baseline gtr. I wonder how they will compare on price.
The base GTR competes with the Z06 as far as performance, this car is far and beyond the GTR. The 0-60 numbers I gave have been conservative estimates about the ZR1.. The Z06 already does 3.7, but with a near 200 extra hp, who knows how the ZR1 will launch. But time will tell when Chevy gets some real numbers to us. With it set to roll out late next year, its gonna be awhile.

But, I guaranty, once that thing gets traction, theres no stopping it.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 10-23-2007 at 05:51 PM..
Old 10-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Back from the bodyshop

Trader Rating: (1)

That is one of the best corvettes i've seen and was insane on laguna seca video
Old 10-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
The base GTR competes with the Z06 as far as performance, this car is far and beyond the base model GTR. The 0-60 numbers I gave have been conservative estimates about the ZR1.. The Z06 already does 3.7, but with a near 200 extra hp, who knows how the ZR1 will launch. But time will tell when Chevy gets some real numbers to us. With it set to roll out late next year, its gonna be awhile.

But, I guaranty, once that thing gets traction, theres no stopping it.

When you get to that point, you can't compare it to the basemodel GTR, but rather the flagship GTR, which there aren't specs on yet.

It's a decent looking vette, I hope the black crap is just something on there for track testing. Those wheels on it are some of the ugliest I have ever seen. Hopefully they upgrade the brakes so there is something stopping it.....
Old 10-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Big carbon ceramic brakes. Plenty of stopping.

Exactly, the base model GTR is what YOU compared to the ZR1:
Quote:
And I state, this car is far beyond the base GTR, which competes with the Z06.

Old 10-23-2007, 06:55 PM
That's what she said.

Trader Rating: (1)

this must mean my aunt's toyota wish is no longer safe...
Old 10-23-2007, 10:47 PM
Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Big carbon ceramic brakes. Plenty of stopping.

Exactly, the base model GTR is what YOU compared to the ZR1:

And I state, this car is far beyond the base GTR, which competes with the Z06.

The stats you gave were about that of the GTR, which I thought were at least somewhat official(rather than random guessing). The 0-60 you gave was that of the baseline GTR. Either way neither vehicles will have the acceleration of the Atom.

The disc brake was a joke referring to your "nothing can stop it".

The baseline GTR competes with the Porsche and other supercars, the Z06 doesn't quite fit the performance bill to be in the same category.

Either way, the corvette needs a little something something(aesthetically). I am not to keen on the fact that it looks about the exact same as everything else. Why spend so much money if it still looks cheap?
Old 10-23-2007, 11:38 PM

Imports are notorious for being cheap.

I love the fact that everyone that fights for skylines makes new accounts to do so. Ill just be the bugger person and say that I disagree with you completely and walk away. Maybe you'll learn someday.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:36 AM
Surgeon

Quote:
Imports are cheap? Have you sat inside a Mustang?Camaro? The cheap plastic that lines them should say tonka.

Reliability wise Ford managed to make cars that spontaneously combusted. They randomly caught fire because the manufacturer used cheaper materials to make fuses.

Really tho imports are cheap, like the Dodge's made in Mexico and the Chevy's made in Canada. The over abundant plastic siding, and pitifully designed wiring harnesses.

Or perhaps they are cheap because you aren't paying the ridiculous union labor salaries rather than proper r&d and materials for your automobile? That could be it.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:39 AM
Advance member

Send a message via AIM to redrkt Send a message via MSN to redrkt Send a message via Yahoo to redrkt

Quote:

I love the fact that everyone that fights for skylines makes new accounts to do so. Ill just be the bugger person and say that I disagree with you completely and walk away. Maybe you'll learn someday.
Uhhh Sorry but if you look you will see that I have been here longer than you!!!

Now for the bad news the "flagship skyline ( NISMO Edition)" will have almost the identical horsepower that the corvette is supposed to have.

Also all 3 models of the Skyline that will be available this year come standard at 480 hp.

OK all here are the specs for the new Skyline.
http://www.gtrnissan.com/specs.en.us.html

Last edited by redrkt; 10-24-2007 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: updating with specs for skyline
Old 10-25-2007, 02:43 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Surgeon-Prolly no doubt the GTR can muster a better 0-60, with AWD. But like I said, once the ZR1 gets traction, it aught to be one rocket. Z06 and the base GTR compete well. This ZR1, and what ever Nissan makes of an upper level GTR aught to go toe-to-toe..

Toyota is cheap, transmission issues and tail gates that fall off, as reported by a toyota tundra forum. The Sienna has an issue with spot welds failin in the doors, causing them not to hold open. FJs frame flexes so much, that their becoming more and more known to bend up front fenders, and body mounts that are inconsistent in sizes by as much as an inch, again reported by a fan forum. Yet Toyota has yet to recall for any of the above issues.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:59 AM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgeon View Post
Imports are cheap? Have you sat inside a Mustang?Camaro? The cheap plastic that lines them should say tonka.

Reliability wise Ford managed to make cars that spontaneously combusted. They randomly caught fire because the manufacturer used cheaper materials to make fuses.

Really tho imports are cheap, like the Dodge's made in Mexico and the Chevy's made in Canada. The over abundant plastic siding, and pitifully designed wiring harnesses.

Or perhaps they are cheap because you aren't paying the ridiculous union labor salaries rather than proper r&d and materials for your automobile? That could be it.
dude all cars are lined with cheap plastic, and have been having wiring harness problem since 1990. Have you ever been inside a late 90's 911? can you say fisher price.

Last edited by jimmythekid1; 10-25-2007 at 07:10 AM..