Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale > August 08'-09' Build Off
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2008, 06:51 AM
the torqueinator

Trader Rating: (1)
Send a message via AIM to kendallcschm

ooohhh post lots of pics when you have the spoiler on

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
some sort of suspension upgrade (message me if you have suggestions)
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft
composite driveshaft gears
Old 11-08-2008, 12:20 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Here is a pic of the full 3d Carbon Boy Racer body kit:

The hood is from someone else but I wouldn't be doing a CF one anyway....

Its a wide body kit so you need at least 20 inch rims with a wide off set.....

Pony Builder:

Couldn't get my superstripe added as an option but me likey!!!!

and according to Pony Builder all that can be mine for just over 5K.....

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....

Last edited by TheB1GDude; 11-08-2008 at 12:35 PM..
Old 11-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

I was liking everything up until the spoiler and body kit. It's your choice, but in my opinion the car would look so much cleaner with just a drop and some nice wheels, and without a spoiler at all. Would flow smooth and look killer, without looking over done. But if it makes you happy that's all that matters.

And, 'grats on getting hitched!

Edit: And, 5k would get you a nice supercharger or turbo setup.. then you could actually go fast instead of just looking fast.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:18 PM
SPR

the spoiler fits the car much better with the full kit. but i dont think its gonna look to good on a stock looking car. but to each their own. atleast it will be painted the right color!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
Edit: And, 5k would get you a nice supercharger or turbo setup.. then you could actually go fast instead of just looking fast.

but i have to agree with him, that would be one serious tune and a good 500+ HP!
Old 11-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (13)

And come on, who doesn't love the sound of a turbo spooling or the whine of a supercharger? That is seriously an amazing sound and I absolutely love it.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Banned

Location: White padded room. Looking down on you. And your every move....
Trader Rating: (0)

Sounds great! Cant wait too see this done!
Old 11-08-2008, 03:03 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Your all missing one if not multiple points:

1. A super / turbo charger doesn't cost just 5K - all 5K gets you is the hardware, you have to pay another couple of grand to have it installed, then you need another few grand to have it dyno'd and a custom tune wrote for it.

2. I don't have the skill set to do any serious mods so anything big has to go to shop.

3. Any money I had got saved just went on an engagement ring.

4. Any money I could save will go towards my wedding.

This is something I'm doing for fun, I'm looking for parts at the cheapest possible price and if I like the look of them I'm going to get them.

As much as I'd love to devote all my money to the car I can't, if the spoiler doesn't look good on it stock then I've just wasted $400 but I don't think that's going to be the case.....

Even SPR said it in his thread, he has a dedicated amount of cash for his car plus all the tools and skills needed, the majority of the rest of us don't so as much as I'm open to criticism please don't be to harsh!

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 11-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Banned

Location: White padded room. Looking down on you. And your every move....
Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ling427ttvette View Post
And come on, who doesn't love the sound of a turbo spooling or the whine of a supercharger? That is seriously an amazing sound and I absolutely love it.
It makes old people P.O'ed when a Wastegate lets loose in front of them.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:45 PM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
Your all missing one if not multiple points:

1. A super / turbo charger doesn't cost just 5K - all 5K gets you is the hardware, you have to pay another couple of grand to have it installed, then you need another few grand to have it dyno'd and a custom tune wrote for it.

2. I don't have the skill set to do any serious mods so anything big has to go to shop.

3. Any money I had got saved just went on an engagement ring.

4. Any money I could save will go towards my wedding.

This is something I'm doing for fun, I'm looking for parts at the cheapest possible price and if I like the look of them I'm going to get them.

As much as I'd love to devote all my money to the car I can't, if the spoiler doesn't look good on it stock then I've just wasted $400 but I don't think that's going to be the case.....

Even SPR said it in his thread, he has a dedicated amount of cash for his car plus all the tools and skills needed, the majority of the rest of us don't so as much as I'm open to criticism please don't be to harsh!

Just to throw this out there, If you spend 5 grand on a body kit and wheels, your going to spend another 1000 bucks to get it professionally fitted and painted. because body kits NEVER just bolt on and fit.

and 5 grand from roush would get you the complete bolt on kit, which also comes with all the ecu tuning and everything. so 8 hours later after installing your running with no problems and no more money out the window. No dyno tuning which doesnt cost that much honestly. normally 2-300 bucks tops.

even if you had to pay someone to put it on, 8 hours at an exspensive shop rate of 80 bucks an hour, thats only like 640 bucks.
the roush kit im thinking of if i remember right runs about 4500 bucks, makes about 420 hp to the wheels on only 5 pounds. so over all your looking at like 5200. Then if you wanted to take it to a tuning shop, pay the average of 100-300 bucks for an hours worth of tuning, you can prob get 8 psi out of that and over 500 hp. and your only at 5500 bucks

i know thats still more money than ya have, but think about it

Last edited by SPR; 11-09-2008 at 10:47 PM..
Old 11-10-2008, 07:45 AM
the torqueinator

wow your gonna have a beautiful stang if you get that.... you really should!!!

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft
Old 11-10-2008, 09:54 AM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
Just to throw this out there, If you spend 5 grand on a body kit and wheels, your going to spend another 1000 bucks to get it professionally fitted and painted. because body kits NEVER just bolt on and fit.

and 5 grand from roush would get you the complete bolt on kit, which also comes with all the ecu tuning and everything. so 8 hours later after installing your running with no problems and no more money out the window. No dyno tuning which doesnt cost that much honestly. normally 2-300 bucks tops.

even if you had to pay someone to put it on, 8 hours at an exspensive shop rate of 80 bucks an hour, thats only like 640 bucks.
the roush kit im thinking of if i remember right runs about 4500 bucks, makes about 420 hp to the wheels on only 5 pounds. so over all your looking at like 5200. Then if you wanted to take it to a tuning shop, pay the average of 100-300 bucks for an hours worth of tuning, you can prob get 8 psi out of that and over 500 hp. and your only at 5500 bucks

i know thats still more money than ya have, but think about it
OK I appreciate what your saying so lets do this:

ROUSHcharger® R2300 Kit (Complete Kit) - Ford Mustang Supercharger 510BHP at the fly wheel $5,899.00 but does not come with ECU tune.

445 HP Polished ROUSHcharger® Kit - Ford Mustang Supercharger 445BHP at the fly wheel $5,899.00 does come with ECU tune but needs supplemental kit part for an additional $336.05 for a total of $6235.05

I can probabaly get Doug @ BamaChips or the Saleen Guys from Brenspeed to provide me with a tune as I'm sure they have had some experience with Roush parts otherwise I have to head to my local SCT store which unfortunately is over an hour away to get it dyno tuned, now I have no idea of the actual cost of that so am just going of what you said.

Now comes the problem of getting the system installed, my dealership can just about install an exhaust, they aren't an authorized Steeda or Roush reseller so I doubt I could use them without paying through the nose, so I've got to find someone else to do it and the problem with living in a valley is that there isn't all that much around here.... everyone's going to be at least an hour away which isn't a massive gap but it means I need to install completed, car tuned and tested then returned to me ideally within one day...

So not wishing to just argue backwards and forwards with you but it really isn't as straight forwards as your making and anyways if I was to go for a kit I would probably take this one:

Vortech Supercharger V3 Brenspeed Package This is Brenspeeds budget supercharger $3,799.00 for everything additional 150RWHP from it with multiple upgradeable components for even more power, $650 for install and dyno from them which fits with what you say above however their in Indiana so again I need to find someone local to fit everything but still 150RWHP for $4449.00 isn't all that bad.

At the moment I have no plans to buy that bodykit or a supercharger because as we know I don't have the cash for it, these are all just possibilities and believe me if I felt I could buy the SC or BK then I would go for it but all the money I've made so far to put towards my car has come from selling my XMODS (minus the wing thats on a credit card) and unfortunately I'm all out of XMODS.

Oh and purely for fun say I happened to win the lottery or kendallcschm turned out to be a multimillionaire who wanted to donate to my project then I'd get either this:

Brenspeed Stage 4 Saleen Package this stage 4 puts out 540BHP at the flywheel on pump gas assuming the usual 17% loss between fly wheel and rear wheels that would be about 442BHP or if got additional parts for it even higher....

Or this:

05-09 MUSTANG GT TURN KEY 62MM HELLION TURBO PACKAGE which puts out 500BHP at the wheels and will run safe up to 650BHP....

And of course because of the money I'd have I'd be putting the body kit on as well so that would keep me happy..... large donations can be paypal'd to [email protected]....

Last edited by TheB1GDude; 11-10-2008 at 02:25 PM..
Old 11-10-2008, 12:45 PM
SPR

well those are some rediculously high priced kits! lol ive found em dowin in the 4500 range with the ecu stuff. But i get what your saying with the install. a professional should be able to install it with in 6 hours, its pretty straight forward. but of course money always talks and stops most of us from doing what we want lol.

Keep it simple, enjoy the married life! Cross your fingers for that winning lotto ticket!
Old 11-10-2008, 05:25 PM
the torqueinator

dont do the S.C. that your sayin... try these: Kenne bell or whipple and here is the kenne bell site: http://www.kennebell.net/

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft

Last edited by TheB1GDude; 11-10-2008 at 05:41 PM..
Old 11-10-2008, 05:45 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Take it your not a millionaire then

Not a big fan of the whipple.... its a good solid SC.... but as I said just not a big fan.....

Love the Kenne Bell stuff, I should have actually given them a mention..... the only reason I mentioned Brenspeed over them is because Brenspeed have a house next to their shop where they let you stay whilst working on your car

but its the same scenario.... $4699.00 for their stage 1 plus $99 for the custom tune, plus $700 for installation however they do guarantee it as safe for OEM parts which is really nice.....

Old 11-10-2008, 07:20 PM
SPR

i vote for tinted windows!! 200 bucks, life time warranty, badass looks, keeps the car cooler in the summer!

hows that for a realistic mod?
Old 11-10-2008, 07:51 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Actually the shop installing my stripes do window tints so I may ask them to do them at the same time.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:54 PM
The Original S.S.

Trader Rating: (2)
Send a message via AIM to SUPERSHELBY Send a message via Yahoo to SUPERSHELBY

the roush S/C is the only that lets u keep the ford warranty

Last edited by TheB1GDude; 11-10-2008 at 07:56 PM..
Old 11-10-2008, 07:57 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Really I thought the Saleen and the Kenne Belle ones did also....

Old 11-11-2008, 02:08 AM
SPR

Quote:

the kenne bell i know doesnt, how ever it is dealer warranty safe. meaning they dealer can not void your powertrain warranty due to the super charger. As long as propperly installed and not being caused by race abuse of course.

But kennebell its self isnt the one who warranties your car. and any signs of abuse forget about it, your warranty is gone.

Saleen im pretty sure offers no warranty what so ever, not even on their parts. except for probably one of those 30 day type of things, if its broken during shipping, return it. other wise tuff crap.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:09 AM
the torqueinator

Quote:
lol if i were you id do it all my self... im putting in alot of time learning how to do it.... let them put in a kenne bell s/c and do the rest your self (except the things you REALLY cant do your self) i find it saves alot of money

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft