Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > The XMS Repair and Modification Manual > XMOD Chassis/Suspension Tutorials
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2008, 06:23 PM
[Not-your-day] - Badass

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to noturday
Default how to make custom deep-dish rims

ok, i was just informed that this got deleted in the hack a while back so here it is again, here is how i make deep dish rims out of rims i already have

Things you will need:
1. set of rims to be modified
2. dremmel with cutting wheel
3. hobby knife
4. light grit sand paper
5. super glue
6. patience

start by finding a set of rims you want to make into deep dish rims, i chose the scion tc stock rims (only 2 will need to be modified)

look for the place that you need to cut it so that it will have a nice depth but still be functional (here it is right in between the ridge and the back of the spokes)

using your dremmel, cut the wheel at the spot previously located and separate the 2 portions (use the ridge to help guide you around the rim)

use a hobby knife to remove any excess plastic left by the cutting wheel

test fit the two pieces together how they will be joined, and use sand paper to even it out to prevent from creating an out of round wheel

once the two pieces are ready, carefully glue them together, making sure they are centered with each other

after you have modified two of the rims this way, you can add some tires and try them out

if you want to take it an extra step you can always give the rims a new coat of paint

Team XI