Go Back   XmodSource.com > Xmods > XMOD Electronics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Today's Posts

Old 02-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Default big electronic issue...

I say big, because the monster mudder won't do anything. I can turn it on and you see the front wheels center, then nothing else will happen. I haven't tried a new TX yet, but if that isn't it, well, what is??? I only had my new airplane motor in for a couple days. maybe it fried a fet??? But wouldn't the steering still turn?

I know the board is getting power, since the wheels center when I turn it on. I know the engine works, because i can put a battery directly on it's terminals and it runs. But nothing else, no turning wheels, no throttle response. Anything to look for besides the TX, incase that isn't the problem?!? the crystals are seated properly, so that's not it either...
Old 02-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Rethink It All

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to RedSXmodder Send a message via MSN to RedSXmodder

I think that one of the FETs controls steering and one the motor. You probably fried the motor FET, the same thing happened with my mustang...

Later,
RedSXmodder

Team Redmade Motors- Building Motors that rise above the rest!

Rethink It All
Old 02-21-2007, 05:51 PM
All 6's and 7's

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via MSN to bondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSXmodder View Post
I think that one of the FETs controls steering and one the motor. You probably fried the motor FET, the same thing happened with my mustang...

Later,
RedSXmodder
there are four fets total. the 2 on top control the motor and the two on the bottom control the servo motor.

you didnt blow a fet. you would know if you did.

check all of your batts and make sure the crystals are the right way. (car for car/tx for tx)
if the controller doesnt work then open the board and check all of the wire connections and look at all of the solder points with a magnifying glass.
look for cracks/holes in the connections.

check the wires for freying and make sure that all of the wire is in the solder connection.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (17)

I say try a new controller. Same thing happened to me and i just tried another one and it worked great. It wouldnt hurt
Tamiya TA-02

Traxxas Hawk 2
Old 02-23-2007, 01:04 AM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)

I tried a new controller. Now I can turn and I get rear movement. I still don't have forward though. Maybe I need to try a third TX?!?

Oh, and I DID check the crystals to make sure one didn't come loose. It wouldn't be that the rx and tx crystal were backwards, because the truck worked fine earlier in the day.

And as far as batts, I checked that too. I thought my lipo pack had either died on me, or a wire got loose, but the 2nd tx made the steering and rear drive work. Plus, I mentioned above that the batt worked when I put it's wires directly to the motor.

I was about to start a new crawler anyway. I think I'll just pull all the gpm stuff off this one and make it a donor car now...