Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 07:36 PM
MSI <3

Trader Rating: (2)
Default Should I sue my high school?

Yes, it's me, but I'm probably not staying. Whether that's a good thing to you or not, I really just want as many opinions as I can get about this issue here, so I'm revisiting old forums to ask for them. It's really important.

I don't know if what they did to me was actually illegal, or just massively evil.
The first thing that happened wasn't the worst, but it's what's making me think there's something fishy going on. I participated in the You Are Loved Chalk Message Project, which is a nationwide protest against the bullying of *** students where you write positive messages to them on the sidewalks in washable chalk. Keep in mind that the art classes at my school draw with chalk very often. But when I did it on my own, they called it vandalism, which by their definition means I caused physical damage to school property, and I obviously didn't. That gave me two days of in-school suspension, which even my teachers agreed was way too much.
But then the second thing happened, and now I think I have some form of PTSD.
My friend and I were having innocent fun writing very inappropriate poems. They were completely private business that had nothing to do with the school except for the fact that that's where we exchanged them; we didn't even read them on campus. However, one of mine somehow got loose and into an administrator's hands. Okay, that's worth a detention at worst. I'll admit I deserved a little bit of punishment. But not the two-month suspension they gave me. And you know whose "fault" it was? The friend I was exchanging the poems with. They found it with her, so she was associated with the whole ordeal by default. I was immediately suspended for the first seven days because the poem was "distasteful" and I was a "danger" to the community in the school. Right... But then came my 'panel,' or basically a trial that would decide my real punishment. And she was there, of course. They asked her what she thought when I gave it to her. She said that she was very offended and could not believe I would give something like that to her. That sealed my fate, and I was given two months out-of-school suspension along with 20 hours of community service- and shelving books in a library was actually kind of emotionally scarring. Nonstop, repetitive work for no pay, even for just four hours a day (after seven at school), is depressing and I still feel somewhat uneasy in and around libraries. But the worst came from the Gwinnett InterVention Education Center, where I had to go since I couldn't attend any of the normal schools. That's where people go when they're on parole or expelled. It was horrifying. If I happen to think of it when I'm trying to sleep, I'll be up at least another hour, sometimes even teary-eyed.
But, okay, what's the catch?
Today, she came back to me for the first time since the panel over a year ago. We both assumed that the other hated us, so we sort of strayed apart. But when she came back to me, she said she was sorry, and that she tried to stop them but they wouldn't let her. They told her what to say. They brought her in to "rehearse" and then whenever she gave an answer, they said "No, that's not good. Use this instead."
The fact that I live in Georgia makes me wonder if the fact that the first time I ever got in trouble was because I support *** people had anything to do with that. They were overly harsh both times, and on the second occasion, even manipulated the only witness to get me punished much worse than I actually would have been. I really feel like it has something directly to do with homophobia and that it was all personal attacks against me. Even if it wasn't, there's still the issue that they affected the outcome of my panel to put me in much worse of a position, giving me some kind of PTSD, delaying my ability to get my license for a year, and quite possibly making it more difficult for me to get into certain colleges or get certain jobs.
There's no denying that what they did was morally wrong and horrible, but do I actually have a case?
Old 01-22-2012, 01:57 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Closed.

Partly because its starting to turn sour.
Partly because this is an RC forum not Dr. Phil.
Partly because to the best of my knowledge none of our members are attorneys / lawyers and therefore cannot advise on legal matters.
Partly because this is life and everyone goes through it, you either lead, follow or get out of the way and its as simple as that.

I hope you can figure out your place in life, I really do... But maybe your time would be better spent finding a forum that can offer you the support you need rather than asking questions that shouldn't be coming up on an RC forum.

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Closed Thread