Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 06:56 AM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Trader Rating: (0)

dude all he needs is a under drive pulley system, a intake snorkel and some pink paint. I think that will put him at 300, no 400 HP easy.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:22 AM
SPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
You want to bet I could easily make a return on that truck? Considering how cheap they are to build and work on, even with a base model C10 it's easy to turn them around. When I paid 500 originally, I could have easily resold it (minus engine and trans and such) for 2000 or so. The 67-72s are of high demand. Take this truck up north into rust land, and I could make a killing. Camaros are not rare, and they make plenty too. Their value can only continue to rise in today's era. Classics always do.

But for a V6 Mustang, hopeless.
yeah i do want to bet actually. Yeah Right now, with you not having much moeny into it, sure you can make a profit on it, thats not hard. But where not talking about buying a broken down truck and fixing it and selling it. Where talking about investing money into a car to make it nice, im talking about after you actually dump money into your truck. If you spent the 20 grand to truely restore it and make it look pretty again. your NEVER going to get that 20 grand back. you'll be lucky to get 10 grand. Ive seen your exact truck with over 50 grand stuffed into it sit for sale on a truck forum at 15k for months and months and finally sold like 6 months later for 12.5k.

Theres one for sale right now about an hour away from me. i can go buy it for 4 grand. Its looks brand new like it just came off the factory floor. Most paintjobs alone cost 4 grand...

cars are not an investment.

and i agree camaros are not rare. And camaros are not worth a lot of money unless you have a very certain special one restored just right. When i finish restoring my 67 camaro ill never get out of it of what i invested into it. Because its just a rinky dink camaro. its nothing special, it wasnt a z28 or a SS. it was a plain jain v6 camaro with a v8 stuffed into it. Last time i looked on craigslist there was about 7 or 8 67-69 camaros for sale all restored. 7-15 grand. thats not much money at all. and i promise they had more invested than that into them.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
Chances are your never going to get anything you want done to it. unless mommy and daddy are loaded and fund you 100% i remember being 14 with a corvette thinking oh yeah im going to do this and this and this. and joining forums showing off the pictures and saying in the near future im going to do this this and this. and guess what. never ever happened. because i never had any money. when you get a job and have to pay for your gas and insurance and everything else, ur gonna learn quick you dont have any money to dump into a 2 thousand dollar body kit, and another thousand bucks to paint it, and another 500 to have it professionally installed. You'll learn. just takes growing up.
chances are i will have everyting i want done to it in 6 months, and my parents are not giving me a dime to help with this car i work 8 hours a day everyday so money is no problem,so chances are i will do everything i want to it, and i dont give a **** about resale as along is it looks good, also could someone close this thread
Closed Thread