Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Stage 2 member

Trader Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
why such a ricey body kit? fast and furious died out years ago...

the stalker kit has always been one of my more favorites..

https://cervinis.com/product.aspx?car=1&id=1139#9003

not driving a honda bud, keep it clean. Keep it american
hey its my car i will do what i want, and the stalker kit is ***
Old 12-19-2008, 04:16 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

IMO neither the Cervini's Stalker Kit or the Black Widow Kit work with this model of Mustang, the Stalker kit looks much better on the 05+ and I'm just not sure about that Black Widow kit at all.... I'd go with the Cobra R kit if it was me but like Aaronz350z said its his car so he can do what he wants.

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 12-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Stage 1 member

Trader Rating: (0)

Why do a body kit at all? SO you will have a slow mustang with a kit and loud exhaust? I remember the high school days... I had a 97 Tiburon with a turbo kit, few supporting mods and new tires... The car from the outside looked stock except tires and if you got really close you could see the intercooler that was painted black. All the "cool" cars kids owned with rims, lowered, sound systems, crazy paint jobs and retarded sounding exhaust always wanted to run their mouth but would never show up to the track. If you are going to look fast, you better be fast or you will just get made fun of.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:33 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

The V6 isn't that slow... add a CAI and a tune and will shift... add gears and it will be even better... but a body kit is more about expressing yourself... having a fast car is great but I'm so against sleepers... it just seems such a waste to me, if you have a fast car advertise it as being fast so people know not to mess with you....

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 12-19-2008, 06:39 PM
Stage 1 member

Is there a supercharger kit for the V6? Yeah the sleeper part is personal but I wouldnt want to have the fast look without the fast car. The 6 with intake, exhaust and a short shifter might stack up decent against other stock or near stock cars but wont do much else.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Stage 2 member

im between the black widow and the cobra kit, but before i do im putting headers,intake,exhaust,and,pulleys it should have about 265hp
Old 12-20-2008, 05:48 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

With those mods 265 will be more than achievable... I'd look into gears as well to improve your off the line acceleration but unless your installing them yourself the labor time is a killer!!

@ 07Rubicon yes you can get a super / turbo charger for the V6.... obviously not as high output as on a V8 but still puts out decent numbers....

Old 12-20-2008, 08:36 PM
Banned

Trader Rating: (14)
Send a message via AIM to xmodificationer Send a message via Yahoo to xmodificationer

please don't make a Fobra, especially since its a V-6. I wouldn't really dump a $2000 bodykit into a $3500 car. Buy stuff for under the hood, I see that you already bought an exhaust. Maybe get a Cold air intake.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:04 PM
dirtlover/moderator

Trader Rating: (14)

on that body kit website anyone notice the kit below the stalker looked just like the gen1 cobra kit...kinda random but thats the kit i liked...and as always to each his own

Team X.I.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:12 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
The V6 isn't that slow... add a CAI and a tune and will shift... add gears and it will be even better... but a body kit is more about expressing yourself... having a fast car is great but I'm so against sleepers... it just seems such a waste to me, if you have a fast car advertise it as being fast so people know not to mess with you....
But when you get whooped by a V8 GMC Jimmy, with a spare tire and a "My kid is an honor roll student" sticker on the back window, I'll wave hello when you catch back up.

Way more fun.

Anyways, don't waste money on a V6 mustang that will never be re-cooped when you sell this car. Save up for something better. Don't dump tons of money in things that can't be carried on to a better vehicle.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 12-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Stage 2 member

well i plan to have it for a while cause its has low miles so if i have it for a while i want it to be built up nicely
Old 12-20-2008, 11:32 PM
Stage 1 member

is the 265 with bolt-ons at the wheels or crank? If the wheels I got to say thats pretty good for a 6 without doing a tune of any sort. I want to say with the new Tiburons (I had one for awhile) I think the highest folks got with the N/A set up was around 240 WHP and that was with tune, cams and all the other listed bolt ons.

Last edited by 07Rubicon; 12-21-2008 at 10:48 AM..
Old 12-21-2008, 09:00 AM
the torqueinator

Send a message via AIM to kendallcschm

lol personally i would never buy a V6 but thats just me.. im not sure if it would help but you could get it stroked , turbo, and so on... under the hood always comes before exterior in my book...

'65 Drag Mustang

mods to be made:
pro street rims
some sort of suspension upgrade (message me if you have suggestions)
soft drag slicks

Titan:

mods to be made:
CF driveshaft
composite driveshaft gears
Old 12-21-2008, 09:36 AM
MEOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

talk to blacksky he had a super duper pink V6 mustang that was 300 horse!!! LOL
Old 12-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronz350z View Post
well i plan to have it for a while cause its has low miles so if i have it for a while i want it to be built up nicely
A smart move would to just leave the daily driver be and put money into something really badass. V6 Mustangs are not really badass. Their the highschool girl's graduation present.

Having been through the V6 car with the V8 badass waiting in the wings, trust me. It's better spent in something else, because none of your investments in the V6 will ever return when you goto sell it.

But it's your car, so if you want to pour lots of money with minimal gains, go for it.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 12-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Stage 2 member

my parents dont want me getting a v8 because my brother had a v8 and wrecked it and almost died, so there worried a v8 would be to fast
Old 12-22-2008, 01:37 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

But they don't mind a near stock V8 powered V6? You can get into trouble easy in any RWD car. I only needed 140 hp to get that Firebird sideways. Got it a bit too side ways more than once too... Any car is dangerous.

I'm talking about once your out of the home and in real life. The money saved now can be put forth later when you won't have as much to toss around. I could've dumped 3500 bucks into the firebird's 3.1 V6 and make it 300 HP on a turbo. But would I ever get any of that money back when I sell it? Nope. Would I be able to finish the CST10? Not any time soon. While the thirdgen firebird is becoming less common, the CST10 is much cooler, and much more worth the investment.

Nothing wrong with putting some money in the V6 Stang on a budget, but to go all out would make your next car longer and harder to get. See what I mean?

I just got out of the teenager-two-car-ownership game, just my words of wisdom

Old 12-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Stage 2 member

im only 14, this car will be 100% done by july then i start saving for whatever,2nd car money for apartment ,ect
Old 12-22-2008, 11:52 PM
SPR

gotta agree with texan somewhat. sadly your never going to get your money back in any car. cars are not an investment. they are a money pit. The only thing you might get your moeny back on is something rare or classic. even texans truck. he is never going to get his money back out of that. while those are old, and look nice, they are not a rare classic car. Ive seen many with 50 grand stuffed into them selling for 10-15 grand max.

But mustangs have horrible horrible resale values. in 3 more years your car is probably going to only be worth 1500 bucks. if you spend 5 grand in a body kit and paint and a few motor mods. well you might get 2500 bucks out of it when you go to sell it. see my point?

Like texan said your money can be better well spent else where. Believe me i love modding cars. and i dont see any problems with putting some wheels on it, tinting the windows, maybe lowering it, exhaust and intake. Money well spent. but call it good at that. save that money for something worth putting money into. or save it for a down payment for a nice new car.

Chances are your never going to get anything you want done to it. unless mommy and daddy are loaded and fund you 100% i remember being 14 with a corvette thinking oh yeah im going to do this and this and this. and joining forums showing off the pictures and saying in the near future im going to do this this and this. and guess what. never ever happened. because i never had any money. when you get a job and have to pay for your gas and insurance and everything else, ur gonna learn quick you dont have any money to dump into a 2 thousand dollar body kit, and another thousand bucks to paint it, and another 500 to have it professionally installed. You'll learn. just takes growing up.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:32 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPR View Post
gotta agree with texan somewhat. sadly your never going to get your money back in any car. cars are not an investment. they are a money pit. The only thing you might get your moeny back on is something rare or classic. even texans truck. he is never going to get his money back out of that. while those are old, and look nice, they are not a rare classic car.
You want to bet I could easily make a return on that truck? Considering how cheap they are to build and work on, even with a base model C10 it's easy to turn them around. When I paid 500 originally, I could have easily resold it (minus engine and trans and such) for 2000 or so. The 67-72s are of high demand. Take this truck up north into rust land, and I could make a killing. Camaros are not rare, and they make plenty too. Their value can only continue to rise in today's era. Classics always do.

But for a V6 Mustang, hopeless.

Closed Thread