Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous RC's > General 1/10 scale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to winner
Default Winner's HPI Blitz

well i've been putting off posting this here, but here it is

(2/11/11)
well this guy came in the mail today which i have been very excited about getting as like i said before this is my first 1/10 electric and the kinda truck i've been wanting for 3 years now.
pics:

as of now it looks like this:

im currently taking ot completely apart and cleaning each part 1 at a time, as of no i have the front and mid section done and am about to start on the rear end. the reason im doing this is so that i can get a better idea of what goes where and also its a good time to go ahead and greasde this, oil that, etc... not to mention it makes it look wayy better after a full detail job

as of now i have tested the car but not actually driven it yet.

(2/13/11)
well got it put back together after rebuilding and cleaning everything, and im really impressed with the design of this thing, looks like HPI took the tranny outa lorry :P

however the spur had been raped when i got it so i had to use w/e i had laying around

^that spur came out of a T-maxx i totaled awhile ago, then the pinion came out of a kyosho touring car from like the late 80's (which still works with stock electronics!)

also since i didnt have the correct connectors i had to steal a tamiya connector off a old toy charger, then the wires on it started melting and comming loose, i had to tape it so it would stay in 1 place so the car cpuld get power, but it still kept loosing power.

(2/13/11)
well got it put back together after rebuilding and cleaning everything, and im really impressed with the design of this thing, looks like HPI took the tranny outa lorry :P

however the spur had been raped when i got it so i had to use w/e i had laying around

^that spur came out of a T-maxx i totaled awhile ago, then the pinion came out of a kyosho touring car from like the late 80's (which still works with stock electronics!)

also since i didnt have the correct connectors i had to steal a tamiya connector off a old toy charger, then the wires on it started melting and comming loose, i had to tape it so it would stay in 1 place so the car cpuld get power, but it still kept loosing power.

^it kept getting hot because it was like 12 guage wire to like the cheapo 20 guage wire.

after taking the tape off i found that the heat had done a toll to the jacket on the wire

since the stock servo could no longer turn the wheels i took it out and replaced with a HS-645 i had just laying about(Mycro says only filthy rich people have HS-645 spares laying around, but im far from rich )

^had t do some ghetto rigging but it works mostly.

on a lighter note, the guy i bought it from also threw in 2 other motors one beeing this modified class Orion Revolution 7x2, which i found out was a 7T motor. the guy i bought it from says it will make the truck go over 50mph, i'd really like to use it but it would rape that ESC =/ i'll probably sell it.

i also have been patching some of the cracks on the body with styrene and superglue

^hopefully it will add a bit more structure and protect the body some more

and some other pics

i got to use it today and get a run in, even with that cheapo 7.2v Ni-Mh the thing was really fast. i had a blast especially drifting on the gravel parking lot, i had no idea RWD could drift that easily! even after just that 1 good run i absolutly love this thing way more then i had thought i would! i've been weanting a sct ever since the slash came out, now i do and its great

oh and i need help, my alignment and chamber is wayyy outa wack what the best way to make sure its equal on each side?

XBL Gamer Tag : Roar Pants

Last edited by winner; 02-14-2011 at 04:57 PM..
Old 02-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to greenday Send a message via Yahoo to greenday

Looks like you DRIVE it. I love when people really enjoy their trucks (it's a fine line between doing stupid stuff and bashing) Like me. Looks like a whole lot of fun to me, I'd really like to try SC myself. Probably couldn't have picked a better first truck, it's a booming class and they're pretty good all around trucks...like a more scale looking Stadium truck.

Once you get all the nick nacks squared away and a good 7 cell (I have that esc in my truck, it's great!) you'll be rippin' and roarin'. Good luck bud!
Old 02-14-2011, 07:28 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday View Post
Looks like you DRIVE it. I love when people really enjoy their trucks (it's a fine line between doing stupid stuff and bashing) Like me. Looks like a whole lot of fun to me, I'd really like to try SC myself. Probably couldn't have picked a better first truck, it's a booming class and they're pretty good all around trucks...like a more scale looking Stadium truck.

Once you get all the nick nacks squared away and a good 7 cell (I have that esc in my truck, it's great!) you'll be rippin' and roarin'. Good luck bud!
thanks man, lol i bought the trucked used, i've really only driven it for 1 good run which was only about 10mins. i really love the SCT class because the wheels are covered so when you touch another car in a race it dont take you both out like it does in classes that race open wheels. not to mention all the professionals are still racing buggies so the begginers can compete in the SCT class because you dont have guys getting paid to race and get free $500 upgrades every month so the run the absolute best avalible. not to mention the Blitz is a great bashing platform, there are vids on youtube of people trying to break these thing by launching them off 20FT ramps and being unsecessful

but for bats im skipping the Ni-Mh batteries and going straight to Li-Po i have a Thunder AC6 in the mail and a 2s 5000Mah 30c lipo comming. and a little later on im going 2.4GHz, then brushless to race in mod class

but if you want a used SCT go post a WTB thread on RCtech, for a bit less then i bought my Blitz for i could have bought a traxxas slash for $100

Old 02-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Elite member

Well I'm broke at the moment, but your plan sounds rock solid. Definitely take a look at Hobbypartz for the 2.4 and perhaps the Lipo. Jang at Ultimate RC tests a lot of cheap parts from there, most he gives a thumbs up on.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Xmod Expert

yep ordered most the stuff from hobbypartz
the thunder AC6 (should be here thrusday: http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html

the Li-Po battery (should be herre friday) and i'll order another when i get the money: http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-30c-40...ase.html<br />

the 2.4GHz system i will be ordering when i get the money: http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-gt3b-carradio-lcd.html

also, just for laughs, lol i saw this then laughed till i cried, then laughed some more xD
http://www.motifake.com/image/demoti...1223939267.jpg

Old 02-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Elite member

lol at the last pic. Well looks like it's really shaping up. I know you know it already, but set your slipper and gear mesh well. I've gone through two on my electrix now. More power and even a little too much slipping on a tightened slipper wreaks havoc lol. While you're at it, why not a new body? then it'll be a totally new truck! I'm having a heck of a time finding an 1:8 touring car body.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Xmod Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday View Post
lol at the last pic. Well looks like it's really shaping up. I know you know it already, but set your slipper and gear mesh well. I've gone through two on my electrix now. More power and even a little too much slipping on a tightened slipper wreaks havoc lol. While you're at it, why not a new body? then it'll be a totally new truck! I'm having a heck of a time finding an 1:8 touring car body.
lol i'll make sure its correct when i get my new spur gear, but the one thats on there now i had to drill the inside out and its now perfectly in the center, but when the new spur gets here i'll do the old printer paper trick. but for the body, that the last thing on my priorities lol, but for now the one im useing meets the track standards, barely, but after looking at the cars thats true about most of them lol burt i really need a new rear bumper before i do that, or else i'll just go through that body after a race or 2, but for now im runng off money i got from selling my Miniz's and thats running out pretty darn quick not to mention theres nit really a body out that i've really fallen in love with, i'd honestly love to see a honda ridgeline come out so i can rice it up

Old 02-17-2011, 08:39 PM
Xmod Expert

update, got some things in the mail, my charger and a set of deans.

for $42 shipped this charger does it all! i love this thing

i also got a set of deans connectors (i have more on the way) now theres no more faulty connection with the POS tamiya connectors i was useing! yay!

and man, thoose deans are a real PITA to connect but once you do a few its a breeze!

lipo should be here tomorrow! more things after that!

Old 02-18-2011, 06:30 PM
Xmod Expert

well got my replacement spur in the mail so no more ghetto rigged setup, and i got my LiPo, which is amazing! the speed scared the crap out of me when i first put down the gas

i also fling the spur gear about 40ft because it was not on tight enough

and i finnaly finished ouu what was left of my rear bumper, no long meets class rules =/ good thing i ordered a new one a few days ago

questions, comments, alls welcome

P.S.: i charged a LiPo without blowing myself up! whoo!

Old 02-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Stage 2 member

Good move on the charger and lipo! Btw, where'd you get the lipo from and how much? You're guna love the blitz and SCTs in general. Had alot of fun with my slash before my mom threw it out. You should put something underneath while cleaning it. Looks like you're getting some dirt on the carpets. D:
Old 02-20-2011, 12:25 AM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

the lipo pack is from hobbypartz.com
gens ace lipos, they are $35ish, and surprisingly compete with high end lipos like thunder power and Hyperion

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶