Go Back   XmodSource.com > Competitions > XMS Competitions > XMS Competition Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2010, 01:15 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude
Default February 2010: "Open Class" Discussion Thread:

Please leave any discussion about the February 2010 Open Class COTM for this thread and this thread only. Any discussion within the entry thread will be deleted.

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 02-02-2010, 05:50 PM
Advance member

Trader Rating: (3)

I will sweeten the deal by donating to the winner a 2004 Mustang body and body kit still in package, tire upgrade kit in package, any body from my RC Garage (including customs) except for the 65 mustang, which was a gift from my wife, and my first XMod. I will also give the winner an Evo or Gen 1 chassy, their choice.

I will also include a stage 2 motor upgrade for the chassy, as well as any spare parts/body kits I have for that body. If on the off chance I win, the prize will go to second place.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:59 PM
The Man

Trader Rating: (8)

i guess i just got the motivation i needed to start project widebody supra drift...
Old 02-02-2010, 07:04 PM
retired xmodder

Trader Rating: (4)
Send a message via AIM to mycrors4

hmm, just out of curiousity, are we aloud to change our car after we have submitted one lets say, i enter a skyline, if i decide to change it to my civic, can i change it?(before the ending time period ofcourse)

Check out my B/S/T Thread

Want remixes of some songs... PM me.. I has DJ programing software

Inventor of the idea of using Bob Saget to name R/C parts

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 02-02-2010, 07:55 PM
XMS Administrator

Trader Rating: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrors4 View Post
hmm, just out of curiousity, are we aloud to change our car after we have submitted one lets say, i enter a skyline, if i decide to change it to my civic, can i change it?(before the ending time period ofcourse)
Why not just avoid confusion and drama and not enter either until you are sure of what you want to enter.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:59 PM
retired xmodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BART View Post
Why not just avoid confusion and drama and not enter either until you are sure of what you want to enter.
just a question that has been haunting me lol im not gonna change it, it just haunts me every single time i see one of these comps, never had the courage to ask, cause it is pretty silly, and makes you seem unserious

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 02-02-2010, 09:12 PM
XMS Administrator

Quote:
just a question that has been haunting me lol im not gonna change it, it just haunts me every single time i see one of these comps, never had the courage to ask, cause it is pretty silly, and makes you seem unserious
Well, there will be future comps If you dont win this one, try to figure out where you went wrong and correct for it on the other car for the next one. Good luck.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Advance member

I have a question about the competition also. How much modification can be done and it still be called an 'XMod'? A project I have in mind for the competition would require multiple motors and boards, heavy chassy modification, reworking the steering servo, etc. It would still be mostly XMod electronics and motors, but the chassy would in no way resemble a traditional chassy when I am done.

So to sum it up, is it still an XMod if the electronics have been 'Frankensteined' together, with a scale model body? No biggie if not, I just want to clear it up before I begin work, or start a new project instead
Old 02-02-2010, 10:13 PM
retired xmodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howlsatmoonlight View Post
I have a question about the competition also. How much modification can be done and it still be called an 'XMod'? A project I have in mind for the competition would require multiple motors and boards, heavy chassy modification, reworking the steering servo, etc. It would still be mostly XMod electronics and motors, but the chassy would in no way resemble a traditional chassy when I am done.

So to sum it up, is it still an XMod if the electronics have been 'Frankensteined' together, with a scale model body? No biggie if not, I just want to clear it up before I begin work, or start a new project instead
have u seen B1G's B1g R1g? i wouldnt consider that to be anywhere NEAR an xmod, (no offence B1G it is meant in a good way)
IMO i say yes, but not sure bout what the mods will say

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 02-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Light Modder

well considering it's OPEN CLASS doesn't that mean you can pretty much enter anything that is 1/24-1/28 scale?
Old 02-02-2010, 10:36 PM
retired xmodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingISdrifting View Post
well considering it's OPEN CLASS doesn't that mean you can pretty much enter anything that is 1/24-1/28 scale?
to me open class means, if ti works with a radio system i can enter lmao, but i wanna try my xmod at it right now

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 02-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Advance member

Quote:
to me open class means, if ti works with a radio system i can enter lmao, but i wanna try my xmod at it right now
Sounds logical, but then 'Open Class' could just mean the body can be anything you like. I just don't want to invest the time then find out my entry was invalid
Old 02-03-2010, 07:17 PM
retired xmodder

dang, forgot that i have my rc18 for a sec, been put away so long i havnt been seeing it,
hopefully next comp will be open class too or the one after that, i like open class lmao, either way my shelfqueen should stand pretty close next to that sexy propulse
would be crazy if i win tho, that propulse is pretty friken sweet with those rims and that body

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 02-03-2010, 08:21 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Open class means any scale RC vehicle that isn't stock, i.e. if you have a custom heli you can enter that... I threw my ProPulse into the mix.

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 02-03-2010, 09:17 PM
retired xmodder

i know i know, i had forgotten bout my rc18 though.. if i hadnt forgotten, i woulda entered it

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Old 02-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Bored...

Trader Rating: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB1GDude View Post
Open class means any scale RC vehicle that isn't stock, i.e. if you have a custom heli you can enter that... I threw my ProPulse into the mix.
That means if I wanted to I could enter my 1/10th scale Slash?
Old 02-03-2010, 09:59 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Sure as long as it isn't stock

The point of an open class is to get as many people as possible to enter, have a fun comp and ramp up everyone's excitement for the next one....

Old 02-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Working Class Hero

Trader Rating: (32)
Send a message via MSN to TripleXmodder(akaXXX)

I am very disturbed about a pro-pulse or any other non Xmod in the open class COTM thread... It just turned me off to my favorite comp... It has for as I always rememeber it... Xmods, modded to any degree, and most of the confusion about what makes it an Xmod was already brought up in past COTM discussion threads... any NON Xmod should have a totally seperate Comp. I am very turned off now to this comp.. And no offense Big, I love the Pro-pulse... but the point is to encourage Xmod builds, and whats the point, if any scale can enter.... we just sent our hobby backwards, and we love to see those original Xmod builds in the Open Class COTM.... Im very sad right now...

XXX FREE modding Service: http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17800
PM me for a quote or any questions. HAPPY MODDING

100% Positive Itrader feedback http://www.xmodsource.com/forum/itrader.php?u=6901
Old 02-07-2010, 05:20 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleXmodder(akaXXX) View Post
I am very disturbed about a pro-pulse or any other non Xmod in the open class COTM thread... It just turned me off to my favorite comp... It has for as I always rememeber it... Xmods, modded to any degree, and most of the confusion about what makes it an Xmod was already brought up in past COTM discussion threads... any NON Xmod should have a totally seperate Comp. I am very turned off now to this comp.. And no offense Big, I love the Pro-pulse... but the point is to encourage Xmod builds, and whats the point, if any scale can enter.... we just sent our hobby backwards, and we love to see those original Xmod builds in the Open Class COTM.... Im very sad right now...
I have removed my entry and modified the rules to say that your entry must be an XMOD... I trust now that I have adjusted the competition so that it is more to your liking you will be entering something??? If you don't enter anything then the competition will revert back to the way it was as I know some members had an interest in being able to enter anything....

As for everyone else please pay attention to the new rules.... modified XMODs only for this open class competition.

Last edited by TheB1GDude; 02-07-2010 at 06:15 PM..
Old 02-07-2010, 06:18 PM
noob customizer

Can an entry be a car that has been a project for awhile? I'm talking about my "project resurrecting civic". It's not completed yet, but IF I get it done in time, can I enter that?