Go Back   XmodSource.com > Miscellaneous > Real Cars: Full scale > August 08'-09' Build Off
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Gallery iTrader Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2008, 07:13 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Trader Rating: (5)
Send a message via AIM to texan_idiot25

Cooling system is now 100% Done. Made a custom lower rad hose out of two hoses, and replaced the heater hose nipple that came out of the top of the manifold with a shorter one, so no more kinks. Got the temp gauge wired up with a new temp sending unit, so it reads now. Doubt this sucker will ever over heat with the monster aluminum rad and with how much air that sucker flows through the rad.

Alternator is once again, still not working. Got the wiring done on it to get it running, and yet again it's still not charging.

Just waiting on parts. My dad is sorting out the electrical probems with the lights, but other than that, brakes are whats holding me up.

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 12-31-2008 at 07:16 PM..
Old 01-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to TheXmodifyer

Slowly but sure shes all coming together. Cant wait to see this baby done. Im not likin' the looks of those rockers though, got quite a bit of body work ahead of you. Looks great man, Keep up the good work!
Just to add.. the last time i stole a car.. i ran over a puppy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmaxxn3
well that just screams ***.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Colbert
I've always been a big fan of beauty. Sure, you can't judge a book by its cover but who wants to have sex with a book?
Old 01-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

The rockers and a-pillar are trashed. which is an utter *****, nothing but cutting off an a-pillar from another C10 and grafting it onto my truck can work... Unless I just take a whole roof off and replace my sun roof too... or a new cab entirely and get rid of hte rust deep in the cowl area, though minor..

On down the road I'll do some body work to stop the rust. It won't be a show truck, but it hopefully won't disentigrate in teh next 10 years either!

I may be king of the idiots, but my kingdom is vast and my subjects are everywhere
Old 01-02-2009, 01:33 PM
Elite member

Trader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to TheXmodifyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
The rockers and a-pillar are trashed. which is an utter *****, nothing but cutting off an a-pillar from another C10 and grafting it onto my truck can work... Unless I just take a whole roof off and replace my sun roof too... or a new cab entirely and get rid of hte rust deep in the cowl area, though minor..

On down the road I'll do some body work to stop the rust. It won't be a show truck, but it hopefully won't disentigrate in teh next 10 years either!
Very true, I have quite a bit of body work for my top secret projet car
But if the cab corners are junk, the a pillars, the rockers and they cab mounts are shot, I'd say go with a new cab. You could always replace everything and really make it yours but the new cab would be the easy way.
Just to add.. the last time i stole a car.. i ran over a puppy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmaxxn3
well that just screams ***.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Colbert
I've always been a big fan of beauty. Sure, you can't judge a book by its cover but who wants to have sex with a book?
Old 01-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Only my rockers, that a pillar, under the dash the seams have a bit of rust that leak in water some times, which have started rust onthe kick panels.

Seam sealer and POR15 will solve the dash problems for now. Kick panels would be easy to do. But besides the A-pillar, they make patch panels for all the other spots on this truck that paint covers..

PM this secret

Old 01-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

For all you *** holes who have ragged and whined and moaned about headlights, I bring you...

Got some awesome things left at my front door today:

At first when I saw the brown box, with a big CPP (Classic Performance Parts, where the rotors I bought come from) logo on the side, I was excited that it was my rotors! That the CST10 would be on the road before the end of the break. Rip the box open, and it's my springs and a turnsignal lense I ordered from Classic Parts, in the CPP box. Why? Classic parts sells the CPP springs and ships them in a CPP box. Deception!

But, here are my new headlights:

They aren't normal old school sealed beams despite the looks. Their really tricky. Their made to use modern halogen bulbs, while keeping the classic looks. And also have a small running light too:

Eventually I may toss a red or orange filter on the bulb and have some trick looking lights while cruising, EVIL EYES

PC'd the headlight bezels black like stock:

And in they went!

Than off goes the 5 inch drop springs, and in goes the 3 inch drop springs:

Nice stance, a slight rake. The rear will sit a tad bit lower once the springs settle in, but other than that, it's **** close to the road! Gotta fix brakelights/turn signal problems and toss on the rotors when they come.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:12 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Trader Rating: (24)
Send a message via AIM to TheB1GDude Send a message via MSN to TheB1GDude

Starting to look really sharp dude!!!

Needs a good wash, wax and polish now....

OT a little but whats the biggest thing you can powder coat??

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 01-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

It's washed, it will be waxed tomorrow.

Having headlights on it propel it from project to OMFG IT'S A TRUCK.

Those head light bezels barely fit with maybe a 1/8th inch clearance in the Toaster oven. Those headlights are 7", so figure those bezels are a foot? Until I get a full sized oven to sacrafice, it's what I've got.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:46 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Ok cool I was talking to a guy I know in florida, he's a work contact who can hook me up with custom decals, paint and powder coating in exchane for me customizing his software, problem is he just sold his big oven and now only has one the same size as yours.... I'm trying to find someone who can do my rims for me...

Duct Tape is like the force:- it has a light side and a dark side and it binds the universe together.....
Old 01-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

If you have free time, search up on the Houston Craigslist to see if anyone has an oven and give me a shout out.

I'd do my truck's wheels 1st to figure how much powder it takes and experiment on it. All though shipping would be a *****.

BTW, I still can't get over the sound of this truck, it's got one *****in cam in it.

Last edited by texan_idiot25; 01-02-2009 at 10:11 PM..
Old 01-02-2009, 10:17 PM
ROTFLSHMSFOAIDMT

Are they the stock cams??

Actually if ship rims through someone like UPS its not as expensive as you think...

I've got to do me some videos of my new exhaust and intake.... maybe I'll install my sequentials this weekend, weather permitting of course.....

Old 01-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

Cams? Psh, I only need one!

It's beefier than an RV cam from the sounds of it (Much more lope at idle), which is a mild performance SBC cam. It's got that nasty good lope in real life. Can't say how fast it is yet, but it sure sounds mean.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:32 PM
XMS Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Donziikid

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan_idiot25 View Post
Having headlights on it propel it from project to OMFG IT'S A TRUCK.
Can't agree more. It's looking awesome, Texan.

Greyscale Racing Member

The Collection:
Mitsubishi Pajero | AE RC18MT
TLMicroCrawler | Xmod ShowRoom | 'Yota XTruck
"The fun begins when the pavement ends."

Old 01-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Subaru Nut

Trader Rating: (7)

That just looks amazing. This is just a thought...would using a barbecue grill work. In replacement for the oven?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donziikid View Post
You can't fix stupid.
MY TUTORIALS
SNOW PLOW
HUMMER DROP HITCH
DULLY TIRE TUT
Old 01-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Xmod Expert

Trader Rating: (8)
Send a message via AIM to suicide_star Send a message via MSN to suicide_star

wth, where's the black projector headlights and the billet grille? oh wait, it's too old to find ricer parts for =( i like the black headlight bezels, they look really nice and the front end looks badass. i noticed you were hitting your brakes in a couple pics LOL. when are you going to mount up the new rims? you think your CST10 can take my skyline? it's got a GTR engine, and stickers too..
Old 01-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

hahah, that was with the park lamps on!

Anyhoo, it's nice to have something that looks like it's running now Rims will go on once the rear spacer situation is solved. Bought bulbs for the truck, but the low beams don't come on. High's work. So, headlight sitch is screwy as well. My whole lighting system is funny.. lol

Donzii, thank you very much misses.

CrazyX, no a grille won't work. An oven is precise at holding it's temp and cooks from all angles.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Subaru Nut

Is there a blown fuse that won't allow the low beans to work ?
Quote:
You can't fix stupid.
MY TUTORIALS
SNOW PLOW
HUMMER DROP HITCH
DULLY TIRE TUT
Old 01-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

It's a headlight switch problem.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:57 PM
Subaru Nut

What kind of switch. Is it just a simple rocker switch? Or a different form of switch
Quote:
You can't fix stupid.
MY TUTORIALS
SNOW PLOW
HUMMER DROP HITCH
DULLY TIRE TUT
Old 01-03-2009, 12:00 AM
Yes, 1945 Cadillac Tank

It's a magic dazzle switch.